Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Syvin

Which name would be best for me?

6 posts in this topic

Dustin or Syvin.

I been going by Dustin for awhile online, but Syvin appeals to me as well. I believe they both suit me equally.

The only problem with Syvin is the fact that it may draw more attention to me, then Dustin (Dusty). If that is the case, would that cause a problem with passing?

Thanks in advance.

I like Dustin unless you want to get into conversations about where the name came from. I get that with Charlie and one day got out of a situation when a guy was coming on way to strong and asked how i got my name. I threw my shoulders back and in my deepest voice said "i used to be Chuck" Exit problem

Hugs and giggles, Charlie

Such a personal decision, but I like Dustin. However, choose a name that really speaks to YOU...forget what everyone else thinks. It took me years to finally come up with a name that I absolutely adore and every time I am called by my that name it makes me feel all happy inside. Other names that I tried didn't have the same affect; it's like I felt awkward being called by them.

It's really up to you and what resonates with you, but if you're worried about whether or not it'll draw attention, I do believe Dustin is far less likely to do that, and a nice name besides :)

just curious how do u pronouce Syvin?

Siven? Seven? Seyeven?

Thank you all. I believe I will stick with Dustin and use Syvin as a possiable middle name. Best of both worlds. XD

just curious how do u pronouce Syvin?

Siven? Seven? Seyeven?

I pronouce it as Sy (sigh) - vin (bin) [only with a V]