• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Haircut

Guest Zabrak

Due to...a crappy doctor and no money I'm being forced to live as...this thing..until I'm able to aford to travel and the new doctor. So in order to avoid falling into complete depression and runing my life with booze and drugs I started to get my things(TS FTM things :P) together and telling people I was Kyle. I want to be full time male, even off of T when my voice will not premit a full cover. I don't care what people think or do to me. I want to be me I NEED to be me. I am male.

So, I'm starting to order my binder and many more things. Today I got a shorter haircut and I wanted to post it, to ask if it helps me pass. I'd like honest opinions if it should be shorter, if my face ruins my passing...Just any hints if I can do anything to help. I'm willing to wear fake facial hair too, do you think I could pull it off? This is just a plain picture of me with my hair cut, nothing else added.

canttouchthis.jpg

Please help and thanks in advanced! Any answers would be great.

To be honest, when I read the beginning this post and looked at the pic (keep in mind that my mind isn't really running right now), I thought for a sec that you were a MTF and you were complaining that you had to pretend to be a guy and get your hair cut - you totally pass. If you're worried about passing with regards to facial hair, I recently read a post that had good suggestions for this:

There's a few things I might suggest. One is shaving your face (even if you don't have facial hair, i.e. haven't started T yet)... women and prepubescent boys have fine hair on their face often called "peach fuzz". Men don't have that because they shave.

Also, keep your sideburns shaved up to the start of the top of your ear, this will eliminate the giveaway that is feminine, triangular sideburns. I happen to be rather hairy, so I can have a little longer sideburns, but I always keep them shaved straight across, and I don't let them grow out.

Looks good to me! :)

Remember that a good deal of passing is how you compose yourself rather than your appearance.

Whether you keep your hair as it is or go shorter, you're doing well either way.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your doctor and such. I hope the situation improves.

Guest Frank67

HiZabrak,

at the pic i can see a young man with smooth features, but i see a man. you have a striking similarity with the son of a friend of mine. you both could be brothers, i'm not kidding.

i think it would help to cut your hair a little bit shorter and i also think that your face isn't ruining your passing.

Looks good. You look like one of those english dudes, the kind that like underground music and such.

lol ok, i just looked at the flag....hope the english thing wasn't out of line.

Thanks for the answers. they do help because I don't have much feedback about my passing then random ladies jumping when they hear me speak. Then again I'm not fully sure their jumping for the reason I'd like them too.

@Emily - It is my facial hair that I worry about and I will try shaving my chin now. I'll go buy a shaver just for that but I'm not sure if I could pull off fake hair just yet...

@Kaly- Thanks. :] Yes I understand, that part I'm not worrid about. Haha . I guess it's a good thing.

@Frank- It's good to know someone thinks shorter may help - I'll keep it in mind. Thank you for the answer...I can say it feels good to get -real- text answers on a forum that passing was more hopeful then I had first expected.

@Evan - Hah. I can say your one of the members I most enjoy seeing post. You always seem so light hearted. I'll take your post as a good ego booster, aslong as I can pass and a small group of people agree I can, I'm happy.

Oh its definately a passing comment. I just kept picturing you as the lead singer in some band somewhere....you know, quaffing absinthe...esoteric lyrics :P sorry, imagination. And ty for the comment.

• 2 months later...
Guest Irielle

Zabrak -

You pass very well - I think you look great. If your hair were a bit shorter it would make you look a bit more masculine, especially if you cut it short up around your ears, that's a guy thing. A definite part in your hair looks more masculine, also. Make sure the part goes all the way back. If the part only goes an inch or two back it will be a girl's look.

You have beautiful cheekbones so shorter hair might make them look more prominent which may make you look more feminine. Try using gel or something to get your hair combed up and back around your ears and see how that looks before you actually cut your hair. See what you think.

Be super careful about fake facial hair. I have seen some FTMs with it and it is SO obvious and ruins their otherwise great look. It can look so pasted on. I think maybe it's because there's this moustache or goatee or whatever on an otherwise totally smooth face. There needs to be some 5 o'clock shadow to really make it work, I think. I don't know how to go about getting that, though. Maybe someone has an idea.

But you look just great the way you are. :)

Oh its definately a passing comment. I just kept picturing you as the lead singer in some band somewhere....you know, quaffing absinthe...esoteric lyrics :P sorry, imagination. And ty for the comment.

I have said this before but I am so old that no body remembers him. Kyle (Zabrak to us) looks like Tom Petty!

Someone should go to U-Tube and find a video of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and post a link for Zabrak, Ok - I will.

Back soon with that link.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Don't let you Auntie Sally nettle you Zabrak...hmmmmm<pulls out a really strong monocle>mmmm...weeell there IS somewhat of a resembalence and thats a good thing...heck I swoon a bit over TP (Tom Petty silly...his Running Down a Dream DVD is excellent). Have you noticed how long your Auntie Sally's hair has gotten lately? Do you still have that light sabre you made in under 3 minutes from the kitchen blender or have you made a better one? Now we're just trying to be a help here...look how much more handsome your new haircut made you! Now as long as you stay AWAY fro the ears and neck your light sabre should gibe a VERY precision cut...just say the word and I'll distract her...no need to mind to be careful as I know you love her as much as I. You have a flair for the dramatic and aesthetics as well...if you need help figuring out how to...you might Go Ask Alice<Oooooh no did I SAY THAT?!?!?!??!)She just got a new tatoo of Hunter S Thompson so may be a little difficult to engage...she's going to beauty school at a famous college and may be able to help. Your friend and co-conspirator, Kelly Ann

Wow, this post is so old. I didn't even notice the new posts for awhile.

I'm on T now. Have been for two months...its the 31st of Jan already! Getting my next shot in a few days. I would do it now but I got to follow the Doc's orders, ya know?

I'm thinking of cutting the side burns off but they do give me a look of my own. I passed alot with this haircut in mexico too. I would brag all about my passing in mexico but I wont!

@Sally:

Lol

Maybe I should learn more about this Tom Petty. I'll go look at that link posted.

@Kelly Ann

Ok, quick, distract Sally well I ignite my lightsaber and - oops. I think I just cut off my ear!

You're a funny person, Kelly, and I always enjoy your posts. ;)

So, I decided on getting my sideburns cut off.

I don't think T has done anything physically for me yet but..Here we go:

I was going for the..'I may but small but I CAN KICK YOUR donkey' look - I couldn't pick which one looked meaner so I posted both. B)

Guest Kelly Ann

DUDE...it is funny on the time frame, the end of last year/now. But very cool too...You currently have a sort of...well...menacing look...'easy over' on the Sith there young feller. There's a definate change afoot 'ere Holmes, how has it passed me? Elementary Watson... :blink: Elementary...looking serious good Zabrak

OK, Zabrak,

You look great, very menacing.

Now about your language young man! :mad:

We are going to have to talk about that.

Love ya,

Momma Sally

@Emily1

Thanks - Its nice to hear.

@Kelly Ann

Evil is a perspective...my dear friend. In time you will understand. B) *slow deep voiced chuckle*

@Sally

Sorry, ma! :P

Hokey Smokes Rocky...is that a switchblde in your pocket or are you merely glad to see me? :blush:

;)