• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Romney aide outs transgender woman to intentionally ruin her political career

Guest Jo-88

Guest Jo-88

I can't stand neo-cons and their self righteous ignorance and desire to disenfranchise anyone different than them... can't stand it. Anyway here is the article

http://gay.americablog.com/2012/05/senior-romney-adviser-outed-transgender.html

They also mention an incident from Romney's past where he assaulted a student in college for being gay... hadn't heard it before, that kinda stuff needs to be on every news station... but alas he and his supporters have the media in their pocket... disgusting.

• Forum Moderator

Politics is dirty business, this seems like stained laundry flapping in the breeze.....

• Admin

Thanks for posting the link, Jodie. That's disturbing, but tying the candidates to the statements of supporters is problematic, because the right has done it to the President, too. But, yes, politics is a dirty business.

Regarding the media, they have actually been reporting the bullying incident (which is exactly what it was) non-stop since yesterday evening. I love the "I can't recall it myself, but it must be true, and so I apologize to everyone for everything I ever did but can't remember" speech. If its true that he can't remember the incident, what does it say about his mind set that the others involved remember it perfectly, and say it has haunted them their entire lives? I guess it just didn't make an impact on the future billionaire. I mean, the victim didn't count for anything, right?

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

...... the victim didn't count for anything, right?

Carolyn Marie

....right.

Disposable, just like so many of us.

Dee Jay

Guest Jo-88

Thanks for posting the link, Jodie. That's disturbing, but tying the candidates to the statements of supporters is problematic

For sure, but I haven't heard Romney condemn the man's actions either which as far as I am concerned means he is a party to it. The other two stories in the article that do directly reference Romney are enough for me to label him a bigot (at least until he owns up and apologizes for his actions). You know if someone insulted him for being Mormon he would flip out over it (he would be right to do so btw, its just hypocritical)... I guess he never learned "do onto others as you would have do onto you"... I think Romney needs to go back to kindergarten and get a proper education. When will people learn to just respect other people's beliefs and lifestyles... is it really that hard? I don't think it is, you don't have to agree with someone to respect them.

Guest Lani

...... the victim didn't count for anything, right?

Carolyn Marie

....right.

Disposable, just like so many of us.

Dee Jay

:( :( :(

Guest Jaded1

I think I am still trying to recover from the pain in my sides from my uncontrollable laughter when upon the President announcing his support for Gay Marriage, Romney then responded with calling the President a flip-flopper on the issue as he "was against it before he supported it.'

I guess there is no better expert to call him on flip-flopping than the former Governor.

Folks: back up and take a breath. These kinds of stories are put out by both sides and there is not a shred of truth to them. The Obama campaign and the Romney campaign aren't the instigators of these stories. It gorrilla tactics by so called backers of the candidates or backers of the political parties. They are under nobodies control and can't be held responsible for the outright lies and distortions they put out. It's propaganda and its garbage. They run blogs and put out disinformation to smear what ever politician they are against. The internet is a wonderful vehicle to disperse lies and disinformation and then other websites repeat this garbage and there you have it. Next you know it is fact. Show me the evidense,a tape recording. a video recording. Otherwise don't waste my time with this garbage. The point is who cares what Joe Blow a supposed advisor who doesn't inhale, blah, blah, blah. What matters is the spoken word of the candidate themselves. Obama just endorsed same sex marriage. Romney has been a supporter of same sex couples being allowed to adopt children and create a family. There's good and bad on both sides. They are politicians and can only be believed by studying their record. We elected Obama who had no record. Just voted present. He has three and a half years in the presidency and that is his record. Is he running on his record? Romney has a record, Is he running on his record? Be fair to both candidates. They are neither all good or all bad. My two cents worth. Katheryn

• Root Admin

Ah, a voice of sanity. Thank you Katheryn. :)

Guest Jo-88

I am under the impression that most politicians are scum so I tend to believe things like this regardless of the candidate... Im skeptical of everyone. Besides even if it is exaggerated and told for a purpose there is usually some truth to these kinds of stories, as far as I know PAC's and private supporters can still get sued for libel (doesn't mean they wont get away with it though). Its not like this story changes my mind on Romney... I decided a long time ago that he is not worth my vote.

And that is your right Jodie. But unless I can read it from a nationally recognized reporter with a reputation, I have learned the hard way how easy it is. Do you know how hard it is for a public figure to sue for libel and win. Romney with all his billions? He has a Chinese Army of Lawyers on retainer. All the website has to do is claim they are repeating what they heard elsewhere from an unnamed source. I can set up a website with an annonymous prepaid credit card from Walmart that I paid cash for, and create an untraceable website offshore and I can say anything bad I want about you Jodie and put it up on the web. I can photoshop pictures purporting to be you. I have the skill to hack your computer if I were so dishonest. The web is the greatest discovery in the past century for both good and bad. It's alright to make mistakes. I made so many in my life that my ex used to rail against me for my cynicism at times. Be careful, be fair, triple check everything and hopefully you will make fewer mistakes that you don't have to account for. That goes for all of us. We need to support each other and stay away from political bickering. We need each other more than ever. Lets be sane and sensible Katheryn

Guest Jo-88

The thing is that its not just that site reporting it... I will concede that they are more likely than not, exaggerating the mans connection to Romney, he may have never even met him as far as I know, but the incident is recorded elsewhere so it seems likely the actual event occurred (there is video of the man talking about it). It is easier and safer to bend the truth rather than flat out lie, if manipulation is the goal then the result will be the same. Still you would think if someone was connecting you to these particular events and you were in fact not involved, that you would say so publicly... so far he has exhibited a less than accepting attitude towards the LGBT community... so honestly I just don't think he cares if its true or not and he is hoping a majority of the population doesn't care either (and thats probably right).

Realistically though I am instinctively skeptical of all politicians at this point... especially neocons (or as I like to refer to them, George Bush republicans), I wouldn't put anything past that group...

Guest Jo-88

I guess it comes down to two different philosophies on the subject... "in every election dirt is found and used against every candidate, therefore most of it most be untrue" (optimist) or "in every election dirt is found and used against every candidate, therefore every candidate has dirt in their past"(pessimist )

I am a chronic pessimist :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • April Marie
    • Ashley0616
    • MaybeRob
    • MirandaB
    • juliusjj