• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Perfume!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

What do you like to wear?

For the longest time I couldn't find a perfume I really loved. I was using Victoria's Secret Pink body spray which was nice but it didn't last very long, since most body sprays don't. They're cheap though so whatever.

Then I got a sample of Fergie "Outspoken" from Avon. It was nice, a little more suited for fall/winter or night time but still not bad.

The last few times I was in Sephora I had been asking for a few perfume samples and asking for recommendations for pretty, girlie floral perfumes. So the first four testers were:

Lola by Marc Jacobs - it was okay, not the best

Blue Water - Dolce and Gabbana - apparently popular but did nothing for me

Miss Dior - Dior - it was good at first but after the first scent layer wore off the underlying scent wasn't that spectacular

Princess - Vera Wang - winner! pretty, floral, girlie, and the scent didn't change to something else.

So one the last trips to Sephora I bought a bottle of Vera Wang "Princess" and asked for two more perfume samples and I think I may have found two more winners.

Daisy - Marc Jacobs - another pretty floral perfume that still smells pretty hours later

Poppy (purple) - Coach - still on the fence about this one. I think it may be another good one but I'm going to keep testing it in a few days and see how I like it.

The lady behind the counter also tossed in a sample of Hello Kitty "Big Pink Bow" which smells like it has potential.

Also..I found that Sephora has roll-on perfumes of some of their more popular fragrances for only $20. Some of the scents I've mentioned are available in a roll-on so if you don't or can't shell out for a regular bottle of perfume there's always this. Plus they're small enough to fit in your purse. bonus!

I may expand and try a fruity fragrance next, like DKNY BeDelicious.

Still haven't found a fresh fragrance that I like but it may be that it's just not my style, much like some of the heavier woody or oriental fragrances that are more suited for night time.

Guest Krisina

Vera Wang Princess, the heart shaped bottle with the gold crown top.

Krisina

MackenzieB

"Obsession" by Calvin Kline

Navy

"Woman" by Versace. My all time fav. I think that they don't make it anymore. I have a full bottle of it but it's 1200 miles away (in San Diego). Good thing my wife doesn't like it!

Guest Jade T

Victoria's Secret - Heavenly Shine is my personal favorite ^_^

Guest spunky monkey

the gwen stefanni doll series

Guest CLAIRE100

I like the classics, Chanel #5 and Opium by Yves SaintLaurant

Guest Luuceee

Ive tried DKNY BeDelicious before and i liked it.

Guest rikkicd64

I've worn Red Door for a couple of years, I've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Rikki..

Charlize

patchouli, and old hippie scent for an old hippie. Very strong, and long lasting so beware

Hugs, Charlie

My fav is Oscar. It's intoxicating. I gave it to my mate, she makes me melt with it on.

I am buying her more for my birthday.

Still searching for the one for me. Thanks for the ideas!

Love, Megan

Guest ~DeeDee~

Bond no. 9 has a couple of scents that I have really come to love. The Chinatown is friggin' amazing, and it smells like nothing else so you get the unique factor. The Bond no.9 perfume (that's the actual name) is also really nice. Toki Doki has a scent stick called Donutella that is another favorite of mine, the sticks are not as strong as a liquid fragrance in the beginning, but seem to last so much longer.

Guest amanda_s

Interesting but what attracts you to the perfume? I have no sense of smell can't smell a thing so i just curious . I was born this way i don't know how flowers smell or freshly baked cookies.

Amanda

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

patchouli, and old hippie scent for an old hippie. Very strong, and long lasting so beware

I swear the hippies I went to high school with bathed in that stuff. :P

~Nova~

I wear Pink Sugar from Sephora. The scent is intoxicating. It lasts and doesn't cost to much.

JenniferB

Poppy by Coach

Guest ~DeeDee~

There is a girl at work that wears the Patchouli, and I can smell her coming even through an industrial refrigeration cooler. One sniff, and I know Claire's coming.

Guest amanda_s

There is a girl at work that wears the Patchouli, and I can smell her coming even through an industrial refrigeration cooler. One sniff, and I know Claire's coming.

wish i could have that problem :mellow:

Guest ~DeeDee~

I really feel bad you can't smell, does it affect your taste at all?

Guest shadowghost21

I currently have acqua di gio by giorgio armani, I plan on picking up a bottle of Purr by Katy Perry. The armani stuff is light I think it was described to me as a summer beach house on the mediterranean. I like it. Very clean and fresh smelling and not over powering. The Katy Perry stuff is fantastic for a night out. I think both are great any time of the year.

Guest amanda_s

I really feel bad you can't smell, does it affect your taste at all?

DeeDee taste is fine, don't feel bad can't miss what i never had, if i had lost it that would be bad.

amanda

KathrynJulia

White Shoulders

Kathryn

Guest *Charlotte P*

Shalimar or VS Heavenly..

Guest *Brooke*

Lucky You Perfume by Lucky Brand. I have loved the scent of this for years, and now I wear it every day. It's a wonderful scent!

Candykane

I like to change a lot. have been to Sephora and I did like the Princess Girly aroma. I usually will start shopping when the perfume de jur is getting low. It, at least to me, is like looking for a great pair of shoes. and I like the change.

Candy Kane