• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Makes A Life Memorable?

Sally

What Makes A Life Memorable?

It is easy to see what makes a famous person famous

Difficult is to look at a normal life lived by each of us

With no cheering crowds to spur us on how can we tell its worth

If anything that we say or do will resound beyond our time on Earth

Maybe it is so much simpler than that search for fame

No need for history to carry on any one person's name

If through small acts and simple kind deeds

We fulfill another human's most basic needs

Then have we not set into motion a greater movement

Than by trying to accumulate more money than the mint

In a world of plenty we see so many without enough

Still we hold as idols those who made life so tough

More people admire millionaires and want to grab for so much more

Than want to be like Mother Teresa living her life serving the poor

For people who changed the world history holds a space

Take care because the good and evil each have their place

You would like to be remembered with the Buddha, the Christ and Gandhi

While also remembered are Hitler, Attila and Jack the Ripper to name three

It seems that the thing to do is to follow your convictions

Be true to yourself and never second guess your actions

We all have within us a sense of right and wrong

Some of us have let it lie dormant far too long

Given to us as a gift handed down from one generation to another

We need but to look inside to know to treat each as a sister or brother

Yet we are persuaded by others to feel the actual need for more

And told that a sense of morals is old fashioned and such a bore

To be remembered should not be the goal or even the mission

History may decide to forget my name you have my permission

I am living my life for myself and in the way that I should

By just following the model of do no harm do only good

My fondest dream is that I will not be remembered in any form

Because doing the right thing has for so long become the norm

We have been given the same message from people and from above

Share your food, share your money and above all share your love

• Admin

Good and true words, Sally, and very wise as well. Thanks for this.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Sally,

My Zen Master some 40 years ago said, "No tracks!", referring to footprints in the sand.

You'll leave tracks, my dear. You will be remembered...

Love, Megan

Guest miss kindheart

A very beautiful poem Sally

<<< hug >>>

Be true to yourself :) great words to live by

Try and look for the good in everything and everyone, it is thier ^_^

Take care sweet sally :wub:

Always try and be good

:wub: vanna

Guest Melancholy

Clever, Very.

What good is fame if it's not for doing something good?

The meaning of life isn't to be given by people to others, I think. A life that has meaning only because others think so is a hollow meaning. I could die very, very rich. But if I kept all my money and regarded everyone as a theif, I would die very lonely. Having done nothing but keep my earnings to myself.

I think, if you have, at the end of your life, made one person's life better than it was before, then that's enough. Because that person will go on to do something more, to be more than what they were. And the people they affect will go on to be more, too. And it goes on. In this way, we improve our species as a whole. One person's act of kindness makes another see the world differently. One joins a website with no hope and becomes one to talk of change and optimism. By being better, we raise others up. And if at the end of your life, all you've done is be a kindly stranger that helped someone out of a bad situation one time, then that's alright. Because they will be better for it. A family deprived of one "insignificant" memeber is much poorer for the experiences they'll never have.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Astrid
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Ivy
    • Jet McCartney
    • EasyE
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Asher the Enby Goddex
    Newest Member
    Asher the Enby Goddex

1. Bebhar
      Bebhar
      (41 years old)
    2. caelensmom
      caelensmom
      (40 years old)
    3. Jani
      Jani
      (70 years old)
    4. Jessicapitts
      Jessicapitts
      (37 years old)
    5. klb046
      klb046
      (30 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Men's t shirt, women's jeans, hipster panties, flip-flops that could go either way.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Common sense seems to be missing from a lot of these discussions.  In my Taylor story he is jumped brutally in a boys' bathroom his freshman year, something he is still trying to straighten out 8 years later and has a radical effect on his life.  Bullying can go either way. Transwomen in the prison system are happy to go to women's prisons, but I have heard that transmen stay in the womens' prison, because they would be killed in the mens' prison.   I am leery of blanket "every kid should...." statements and laws everywhere.  To echo a writer you may never heard of, Preston Sprinkle, you should work these things out with the child, and if necessary, with the parents, and communicate.  I don't think a child capable of penetration should sleep with girls on an overnight, or be in a girls' locker room.  Trans kids have limitations as a result of their condition, sort of like people in wheelchairs cannot go mountain climbing, but here is the social realm. Accommodate as you can, but there are limits.  The cisgender kids have rights.  I am not sure where to draw the line as to whose rights should win out.  Nor am I sure regulation imposed by a Legislature or a school board is the way to go.  We saw Louden.    I see no reason for an mtf who transitioned before puberty to not play girl sports, but a child who goes through male puberty has enormous physical advantages over the girls, and we are seeing girls injured.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Years passed.  The kids grew up and they were empty-nesters.  Lois went full-time at her company.   "We have a Halloween party every year."  He had heard of that.    "You've upheld your end of our bargain for so very long.  How about - do you have something appropriate to wear in the female line?"   Did he.  She was dressed like a penguin, but he wore a women's skirted suit, dark hose, one-inch heels, gold jewelry, well-done makeup and a wig.   "I would not recognize you.  What's this?"   "Padding."    "If I didn't know better I would think you were just a rather tall businesswoman.  No one at the party knows you, no one is expecting a man in drag.  How about your voice and walk?"   He had obviously been practicing them.   The party was a blast.  Odie was happier than she had ever seen him, freer somehow, reveling in being feminine. Lois liked "her" as a charming friend.   "That was fun," he said, driving home.   "It is hard now to think you are a man," she said, and looked at him.   "To tell you the truth I had such a wonderful time I never want to wear men's clothing again. I will, because I must."   "I mean, you are convincing as a woman.  More than you are as a man."   "I think we need to get some professional help."   And they did.  Lois was determined to walk through this, as was Odie, and when he learned she was not walking out but working through, he was overjoyed.    
    • Ivy
      I am aware of this.  It seems a little unnecessary considering that most of us do this at home every day of our lives.  But okay.  It does seem a bit harsh to require the trans kids to go outside and find a bush to poop under.  Stalls with a little more actual privacy might help.  But the real problem is trans people's existence.  Not to worry, the GOP is working o that one. I don't think this would be as much a problem if the transphobes didn't harp on it so much.  There are already laws about stalking and assault. Perhaps, if as a society we were more open about our bodies we could get past this.  Not that this is likely to happen tho.   Yeah.  That's the problem with these laws.  Kids - especially teens, need some privacy of their own to grow up into who they are.  I can see where a kid might experiment with pronouns for a couple of months, and then decide it's not for them.  Pity for them to get beat up in the meantime.   I (thankfully) didn't know everything my kids got into.  And I know my parents didn't know everything about me.   We can give our guidance, but ultimately they need to figure it out on their own.
    • VickySGV
      Parenting and Parental Control play a significant role in my backstory including my addiction history both as child and parent of 3 children now in their 40's.  Big take away that keeps proving true even with new friends and with one of my children as the parent of 3 teenage children is a statement made by one of my parenting counselors and confirmed in other places --   Parents, NEVER do the best they CAN or could do, they will however do the best they KNOW HOW to do.    Getting hit with that statement and some other things did lead me to see that I needed to learn my job better as a parent, which I went ahead and did, and have since made major changes.  It made me very aware that my parents had both had very strange and ineffective parenting skills taught to them which I mistakenly was carrying on with my three children.  My children's  other parent who removed themself due to other personal problems was no better due to their background of parenting either.  I am happy to say that my grandchildren benefited from their parents making intentional efforts to be sure that bad family practices were changed and updated.  Result is that one Gender Questioning and two decidedly Cis  grandchildren have supportive parents where bathroom and sports discomfort is based on actual threats of real physical harm or on invasion of personal boundaries.  Possession of a particular anatomy is a neutral subject there.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      He pushed it out.   Years passed.  Graduation, engagement to Lois.  He was 5'10", she was 5'3".  People thought the height difference was amusing.  At one point he thought to himself I will never fit in her clothes.  Bewildered as to where the thought had come from, he suppressed it. Marriage.   Wedding night: sitting, waiting in anticipation of what was to come.  Lois had left her dress on the bed and was in the hotel bathroom.   He drew in a breath and touched it.  Lacy, exquisitely feminine.  He stroked it.  Incredible.  A whole different world, a different gender, enticing.  "Like it?" she said, as she came out.  He nodded.  But she was meaning her negligee.   Later she noticed a small tear in her wedding dress and wondered where it came from.   Over the years there were dresses that had not been hung up properly in her closet, as if they had been taken down and hung up incorrectly.  It made no sense. Her underwear drawer had been gone through.  She checked the locked windows. They had a landlord at that time.  Pervert, coming into apartments and doing this.  She felt violated.   Then they bought a house.  They had two kids.  Her underwear drawer was being regularly gone through. Not Odie. It could not be Odie.  Odie was as macho as they come, something she liked.  It could not possibly be Odie. Finally there was a slip with a broken strap.   "Odie, I found the strap on my black slip torn.  How could that have happened?'   He didn't know.  He looked guilty, but he didn't know.   The rifling stopped for a while, then started up again.  She read up on cross-dressing.    "Odie, I love you," she said, "I've been reading up on cross-dressing."   He had that deer-in-the headlights look.   "I've read it is harmless, engaged in by heterosexual men, and is nothing to be ashamed of."   He looked at her. No expression.   "Look, I am even willing to buy you stuff in your size.  A friend of mine saw you sneaking around the women's clothing department at Macy's, then you bought something and rushed out.  No more of that, okay? The deal is that you don't do it in front of me or the kids. Do we have a deal?"   They had a deal.  Lois thought it was resolved, and her stuff was no longer touched. Every now and again a package arrived for "Odi", deliberately misspelling his name, and she never opened those.  Sometimes they went and bought things, but he never tried them on in front of her.   "The urge just builds until I have to, Lois.  I am sorry. It's like I can't control it." "That's what I read.  But your Dad would kill you." "There is that."   Lois thought the deal would last.  Things were under control.  
    • Davie
      Lama Rod describes himself as a Black Buddhist Southern Queen. He wants to free you from suffering. Lama Rod Owens is seen as an influential voice in a new generation of Buddhist teachers. He blends his training in the Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism with experiences from his life as a Black, queer man, raised as a Christian in the South.   https://apnews.com/article/buddhist-lama-black-lgbtq-wellness-506b1e85687d956eff81f7f4261f5e98  
    • MaeBe
      I would have balked years ago, echoing the parenting of generations before me, exclaiming "Parents know best!" at what I just wrote. It hasn't been that long, but I came to a realization that some of that need for control is unwarranted. Is my child really harming anything by identifying a certain way? Are they being harmed by having others in and around their lives that do? I have been more conversational with my kids when it comes to things and when we run into issues. Like when friends that were toxic, start coming back into the fold, I wanted to make sure that bad behaviors aren't (re)occurring. Or when we notice behaviors that concern us that we have a dialogue. Those chats aren't always nice, clean, or resolved perfectly, but we're communicating. We're learning from each other in those moments, which lead to things being shared that I am sure other parents aren't hearing from their kids and we grow as people because of it.   I will say, it's been easier over the past few years (even before hormones) as this more feminine me finds its way out. I'm a lighter touch, I don't get as entrenched as I once did, and I feel connected a little more emotionally. But, of course, I still make mistakes. As long as we learn from them, right?
    • missyjo
      1. attended Keystone conference a celebration of genders with 700 other lgbt friends. it was wonderful, other lgbt folks, hotel staff n town all welcoming n that felt great.   2. part time job in ladies clothing store, bring missy n helping women dress n relating to them as one    3. folks here   4. creepy guys trying to hit on me..laughs..wrong audience but something must be right   your turn friends
    • missyjo
      orange cotton top n sashed jeans..wedges off now..torrid undies in light blue bra n lace panties   I'm trying minimum makeup..shrugs..well see hugs if you want them
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It was hot that August day, even in Hall J.  Hall J was a freshman dormitory, and Odie had just unpacked his stuff.  He sat on the edge of his bed.  He had made it. He was here, five hundred miles away from home.  His two roommates had not arrived, and he knew no one. His whole life lay ahead of him, and he thought of the coming semester with excitement and dread.   No one knew him.  No one. Suddenly he was seized with a desire to live out the rest of his life as a woman.  With that, he realized that he had felt that way for a long time.  He had never laughed when guys made jokes about women, and often he felt shut out of certain conversations.  He was neither effeminate nor athletic, and he had graduated just fine, neither too high in his class to be considered a nerd or low enough to not get into this college, which was more selective than many. He was a regular guy.  He had dated some, he liked girls and they liked him.  He had friends, neither fewer than most nor more than most.   Drama club in high school: he had so wanted to try out for female parts but something held him back.  He remembered things from earlier in his life: this had been there, although he had suppressed it. Mom had caught him carrying his sister's clothes to his room when he was eight, shortly before the divorce, and he got thoroughly scolded.  They also made sure it never, ever happened again. He had always felt like that had contributed somehow to the divorce, but it was not discussed, either.  He was a boy and that was the end of it.   Dad was part of that.  He got Odie every other weekend from the time of the divorce and they went hunting, fishing, boating, doing manly things because Dad thought he should be a man's man. The first thing that always happened was the buzz cut.  Dad was always somewhat disappointed in Odie, it seemed, but never said why.  He was a hard man and he had contempt for sissies, although that was never directed at Odie. Mom always said she loved him no matter what, but never explained what that meant.   Odie looked through the Freshman Orientation Packed.  Campus map.  Letter from the Chancellor welcoming him.  Same from the Dean.  List of resources: health center, suicide prevention, and his heart skipped a beat: transgender support.  There was something like that here?   He tore off a small piece of paper.  With sweating hands he wrote on it "I need to be a girl." He looked at it, tore it up and put the different pieces in different trash cans, even one in a men's room toilet the men on this floor shared. He flushed it and made sure it went down.  No one had seen him; he was about the first to arrive.   He returned to his room.   He looked in the mirror.  He was five-ten, square jawed, crew cut.  Dad had seen to it that he exercised and he had muscles.  No, he said to himself, not possible. Not likely.  He had to study and he had succeeded so far by pushing this sort of thing into the back of his mind or wherever it came from.   A man was looking back at him, the hard, tough man Dad had formed him to be, and there was absolutely nothing feminine about any of it.  With that, Odie rejected all this stuff about being trans.  There had been a few of those in high school, and he had always steered clear of them.  A few minutes later he met his roommates.
    • EasyE
      yes, i agree with this ... i guess my biggest frustrations with all this are: 1) our country's insistence to legislate everything with regards to morals ... 2) the inability to have a good, thorough, honest conversation which wrestles with the nuances of these very complex issues without it denigrating to name-calling or identity politics.  agreed again... i still have a lot to learn myself ... 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It's been bugging me that the sneakers I have been wearing are 1) men's and 2) I need canvas, because summer is coming.  WM has a blue tax on shoes, don't you know? My protocol is to go when there is no one in the ladies' area because I get looks that I don't like, and have been approached with a 'can I help you sir' in a tone than means I need to explain myself, at which point i become inarticulate.   But I found these canvas shoes.  Looking at them, to see if they would pass as male, I realized they might not, and furthermore, I don't really care.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      My wife's nurse was just here.  It is a whole lot easier to relate to her as another woman than to negotiate m/f dynamics and feel like I have to watch myself as a male around her.  It dropped a lot of the tension off, tension that I thought entirely internal to myself, but it made interactions a whole lot better.     I read your post, so I thought I would go look.   In the mirror I did not see a woman; instead I saw all these male features.  In the past that has been enough for me to flip and say 'this is all stupid ridiculous why do I do this I am never going to do this again I am going to the basement RIGHT NOW to get men's stuff and I feel like purging'.  Instead I smiled, shrugged my shoulders and came back here.  Panties fit, women's jeans fit.  My T shirt says DAD on it, something I do not want to give up, but a woman might crazily steal hubby's t-shirt and wear it.  I steal my own clothes all the time.    But she is here, this woman I liked it when I saw her yesterday. and her day will come.  I hope to see her again.
    • April Marie
      So many things become easier when you finally turn that corner and see "you" in the mirror. Shedding the guilt, the fear, the questioning becomes possible - as does self-love - when that person looking back at you, irrespective of what you're wearing, is the real you.   I am so happy for you!! Enjoy the journey and where it leads you.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.