• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Brands of Epilators

Guest LizMarie

Guest LizMarie

I'm sure different people have their own recomendations for epilators but what do you like and why? If you can list a brand, model, and your personal opinions about it, that would be great as the rest of the information can be researched from the internet. Also, if there were any brands or models you really disliked or returned, list those too. It's good to be aware of possible "lemons" out there.

Thanks in advance! I am thinking of buying one but wanted to see what people recommended.

Guest Mia J

I have the Remington smooth and silky.

It has two different heads and does seem to work fairly good for me.

I got it at Target.

I do wish it was a little more powerful and if I were buying again I would be sure to get one with a light so I could see better how it was doing.

Mia

Guest carolynn2fem

Bed bath and beyond carries the Braun, silk epi model steems to change yearly. I prefer the dry models they dont have the battery in them. the rechergable one limit your use time and are less powerfull imho.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nina87

Do epliators hurt, sorry I was going to ask this but the subject of epliators hurt. I recently bought a Philips silk epil epilator but after reading online reviews, am put off using it for months.

I really want to have nice sexy legs for longer, I like it and its makes me feel nice and fem for my boyfriend. I usually shave in the shower twice a week but its a inconvience and I often cut myself and this hurts.

So is it sore? Is it painful? I dream for smooth legs for longer just cant muster the courage

Nina x x x

Guest Brittany North

Painful? Oh yes, they're painful... :hairpull: Of course it depends on one's level of pain tolerance, but I've found the back of the thigh just insanely painful. Have to go in small sections there.

I've got a rechargable Braun silk epi I think it's called. It works, but needs multiple passes and still misses some hairs, not sure why. Still better than shaving, for me anyways.

I've been using the Braun Silk Epil for many years. In fact I bought my second one a few years ago because the heads are interchangeable and I now have one set up as an electric shaver for times I'm in a hurry and the other is set up with the epilator. Both are corded, so I never have to worry about charging them up and the cords are long enough not to get in the way. Regarding pain, when you start out, the more little pinchers the better, so spend the extra money for the model with the highest number. But over time, the hairs come out so much easier and the pain drastically reduces. I found underarms to be the most painful location, but I do that now with no difficulty at all. I've used them all over my body back when I needed to, but now it's mostly for legs, arms, and underarms and those are more sparse all the time. Do not use it on your face! I'm sure your electrologist will warn you against plucking facial hairs anyway--at least until you get to the point of only have one or two strays here and there from time to time.

Do epliators hurt, sorry I was going to ask this but the subject of epliators hurt. I recently bought a Philips silk epil epilator but after reading online reviews, am put off using it for months.

I really want to have nice sexy legs for longer, I like it and its makes me feel nice and fem for my boyfriend. I usually shave in the shower twice a week but its a inconvience and I often cut myself and this hurts.

So is it sore? Is it painful? I dream for smooth legs for longer just cant muster the courage

Nina x x x

The first time you use it on an area, it can be very painful, but by the 3rd or 4th time, you kind of wonder if it is still working because the pain is almost unnoticeable. So tough it out for the first time, and you will be glad you did. Generally the pain is only there while you are using it, so as soon as you stop the pain stops.

I also use a Braun Silk Epil, it seems to work pretty well, and the light is a great thing to have. I do wish you could just plug it in and use it instead of charging the battery though.