• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Men Are Red. Women Are Green

MaryEllen

Guest Dutchie

Thanks MaryEllen!

@silverpetals: I don't know, how about violet?

I looked in the mirror, nope, no clue which one...

I had a look at the link in that article, which points to the original text with an example picture.

To be honest, I don't see the red/green, I only see the male/female features. (Lips, nose, eyes, lighting of cheeks...)

Can anyone pixelate a photo and show the red/green for me? :D

• 3 years later...
  • Forum Moderator

This was interesting to read this morning, glad I found it, thanks ME. The link to the article is still active today.

I do know my skin has changed with HRT, not sure if color is any different, but sure feels different now. Skin care has taken on a whole new meaning.

Cindy -

• Root Admin

Yes, I'm amazed that the article is still active. It was so long ago that I don't even remember posting it. :D

MaryEllen

A very interesting topic, regardless of it's age.

I'm a little disappointed though... I was all excited because I thought "MaryEllen posted a new topic!" and then come to find out it's over 3 years old.

It would be neat if there were a way to test this on a computer at home but I think I would be afraid of the results. I think I'll just stick to letting my brain identify my gender for me.

~Jade.

I noticed that after starting HRT, my skin everywhere grew thinner and almost opaquely transparent in some places. I was actually kinda concerned about my face getting TOO bluish, or greenish really, a few month back, but I gradually got used to it...

That there is a correlation between being 'gendered' as female and blue-green hues is a great relief for me, I though I was just gettin' a lil' 'green around the gills', as they say...

Cool-io...

This is GOOD news, even if it is three years old! :)

Love, Svenna

• Forum Moderator

A very interesting topic, regardless of it's age.

There are some real gems buried in the forums, not all is new. For myself when I not reading the new posts I do like to go hunting for "buried treasure"

Enjoy

C -

Guest Elizabeth K

WOW - old post! I replied way back December 8, 2008 - TWO DAYS BEFORE STARTING HRT!

My skin tone changed when I got on the HRT - maybe it's hormonal. The redness went away - and I got really freckled.- HA!

Lizzy