• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Magnetic Nail Polish?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Have any of you ladies tried the new magnetic nail polish that's out now?

According to the directions, you apply one coat, let it dry. Apply a second coat and while it's trying you hold the included small magnet over the nail and that can create a variety of different patterns depending on what you do with magnet while it's drying.

Just curious if any of you have tried it out and what you thought. I was hoping it was the opposite way and that by putting your hand in your purse you could easily fish up anything metal, like coins or your car keys....

Guest MsGsptlsnz

Sounds amazing. It's probably got some of those tiny polyhedrons with differant reflective surfaces on each side suspended in the fluid and the fight between gravity and magnetism would make them move into differant positions giving a differant reflectivity to the polish. This would create odd and unique patterns. Methinks that when the time comes to play with nail polish I will get some. Love me some science don't you know.

My neighbor is a beauty consultant at Walgreens, She and I had fun playing with that one day. It is sooo cool! I want to get some when I get out of hock. The magnet is shaped kind of funky and that's what makes the neat designs. Wonder how they figured that one out, somebody screwing around in the lab??? Giggle. Hug ya. Jody

Guest Jo-88

great nail polish that wipes my hard drive every time I type out an email... just what I need. Lol, J/K Ive actually never even heard of this, sounds cool though.

Guest BreanneB

my kids tried it its ok. Still prefer the acrylics myself typing is an adjustment

mara13

My neighbor is a beauty consultant at Walgreens, She and I had fun playing with that one day. It is sooo cool! I want to get some when I get out of hock. The magnet is shaped kind of funky and that's what makes the neat designs. Wonder how they figured that one out, somebody screwing around in the lab??? Giggle. Hug ya. Jody

Many advances and discoveries tend to be accidents with applicable results, IE Teflon and the safety glass used in car windshields. Another accidental discovery was vulcanized rubber.

mara13

Shoot, I forgot to ask, Where can I find this nail polish? What is the brand name?

Sorry for the extra post! :poster_oops:

Guest Robin Winter

I've used it. We have several colors here. It does work, but not as well or as easily as they'd have you believe. You have to get the magnet so close to your nail to get it to show clearly that you often bump your nail and have to start again. It's fun though, I'd buy it again.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I first saw ads for it in Cosmo and Glamour magazine, then saw the actual product in Walmart and Target and got a better look at it and the magnet.

Guest Billie De

Haven't seen that yet, But I am sure it came out of the automotive industry. We use to do something similar on door lettering.. We would use real ground Metal Flake. (Metal flake paints aren't really metal, its Mica) the use a large magnet to manipulate the flakes. Usually we did this in conjunction with Lace painting or saran wrap blotting.

I have taught a few nail techs how to airbrush and apply Gold leaf to nails. I'll try to put together a little step bu step one day so you can do this at home.. (Gold leaf that is.Airbrushing is difficult to do on yourself.)

Guest melanie maritz

Over here in South Africa me and my sister tried it out last year January I think. The brand was Essence, but I don't know if it's sold in America or if they still make the magnetic nail polish

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Have any of you ladies tried the new magnetic nail polish that's out now?

According to the directions, you apply one coat, let it dry. Apply a second coat and while it's trying you hold the included small magnet over the nail and that can create a variety of different patterns depending on what you do with magnet while it's drying.

Just curious if any of you have tried it out and what you thought. I was hoping it was the opposite way and that by putting your hand in your purse you could easily fish up anything metal, like coins or your car keys....

I have several of these...LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

They are awesome, and nope, you cannot pick up stuff with your nails, lol. The metal is in the polish and the magnet is in the cap, able to make cool lines and stuff on your nails...tres funky!

Guest corey graywolf

I had heard of it but didn't exactly know what it was

Charlize

Something else to try! I don't know how i missed this thread but i will be looking for it now. I am a bit disappointed that it won't help find my keys in the bottom of my purse.... at least i hope they are there.

Hugs,

Charlize

Ravin

I think I may look for some of this for a stocking stuffer for my daughter.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

• Timber Wolf
    • Charlize
    • Cyndee
    • Juelie_Atlas
    • A. Dillon
    • KathyLauren
    • Yurian Ariake
    • Petra Jane
    • MetaLicious
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Jackie C.
    • KymmieL
    • Belle
    • ShawnaLeigh
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Carrie Davidson
    Newest Member
    Carrie Davidson

1. Alice
      Alice
      (30 years old)
    • Charlize
      I'm so glad you stayed with us and have shared your experience.  Life throws things at us that seem impossible but a bit of help and time gets us through.   Going to the hospital was the right move!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Trisha.  Welcome.   I am happy for you that your partner is supportive.  I was a nervous wreck when I told my wife, but she said, "Whatever you decide to do, I will support you."  That kind of support is beautiful to receive.   Regards, Kathy
    • Cyndee
      giggling this morning in the background 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      She was wanting me in once per week to get the other issues ironed out before heading into real conditioning.  I do have a ton of physical exercises and stretches I have to do and a few voice training techniques to do while driving.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Isn't that the truth.
    • Miss Bunny
      I have learned never to rub your tummy while in the maternity clothing section of a department store. Especially if you have a bit of tummy. And are not wearing overly wise clothing.   So there I was, shaped wrong, apparently, wearing a house dress, over my long skirt, looking stupidly maternal (I was not aware of that at the time), and absent mindedly rubbing my tummy. "Is this your first?" a passing woman commented. My brain didn't get it fast enough, and as I have a son,  I responded, "no." 2 minutes later, my brain kicked in (the woman had moved on), 'you idiot, that was NOT the correct answer'.   And I don't always learn the first time. Same outfit (some of us never learn), grocery store, reaching for something almost out of my reach. "here, let me get that for you dear, you shouldn't be doing that in your condition." Blind sided, I accepted the item, didn't know what to say, and the nice man moved on.   Groan
    • Jackie C.
      Once a month isn't a terrible pace. It's not super quick, but I bet there's plenty of homework between lessons with things you can work on. I was only doing two lessons a month and that kept me PLENTY busy most of the time.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      This situation here is why I have asthma (and a couple other autoimmune problems). Don't poison the newborn. They will not thank you for it later in life.   I respect your right to do anything you like to and/or with your own body. However, I also ask that you respect the rights of everyone else not to have to absorb the fallout from your choices.   Hugs!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I'm in voice therapy now but only two appointments deep and unfortunately they are spread out to just one per month.  I am struggling with it as I have a physical issue going on with me that effects my voice box.  I don't see it as a real issue at first as it puts me in a gender neutral voice pitch but apparently I have to get back to my original male voice before I can try to learn to manipulate my female voice.  (Sigh) However like the other ladies pointed out if you can nail the "way" females talk and gesture while they talk that is half the battle.  There are tons of apps on your phone that can help teach you this to a point but the best teacher is listening like Vicky said and mimic what you hear and learn from others.  
    • Jackie C.
      Yes, that's key. You can slow down to help others adjust, but never, ever stop striving for what you need. You're important too. I'm sure the two of you can work something out.   You're absolutely right, there is no "perfect time." If you wait for the perfect moment, you'll never get anywhere. There are no... well very few... perfect moments. You can't count on them and usually only realize they were there after they're gone.   Hugs!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      OMG I would of died right there.  LOL That is to funny and I am still giggling out loud over picturing this.   I have no stories yet to tell of embarrassing events as trans.  I'm just now venturing out of the privacy of my home as "Me".   I had one rude occurrence the other day were I pulled into a spot close to a door for my therapist office building and apparently some guy in a pick up truck was "waiting" on the spot, which he wasn't as he was driving around the circle looking for any spot.  My timing was better then his.  LOL He stops and shouts at me "Stupid Punt (with a "C") which of course shocked and irritated me to no end.  I said nothing but waved in victory with the appropriate sign language and a big smile.  Though I was embarrassed as others saw this too.  Not very lady like.    
    • Jackie C.
      Hey Trisha!   Welcome to TransPulse! It's lovely to meet you.   Your story is pretty common here with some variations. We're all pretty familiar... well, all the MtF gals here are pretty familiar with how things go. FtM's have their own struggles, but they're supportive too so here we are. I think you'll find us a supportive and friendly community. Welcome to the family!   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      I strongly recommend a voice coach. There are a number of voice coaches that can be either contacted in person (depending on where you live) or you could go with an online program. I personally achieved good results with the Female Voice Club when feminizing my voice, but I have friends who have achieved voices they're satisfied with using other coaches and programs.   This is one of those things where what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. I found it to be incredibly rewarding. However, there are also surgical options. You should still have a voice coach afterwards (because of all the things Vicky said and more) to get inflections, speaking patterns, etc... nailed down, but surgery will absolutely fix your pitch if you can't do it yourself.   Good luck sweetie!   Hugs!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I totally agree and will go further that I liked that guy and appreciate everything he did in my life.  He is just not the true me, just a part of the person I am now.  (I think I posted something similar to this just a few minutes ago in another post.  LOL)  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      You are definitely in the right place.  The best place to get acceptance love and support.  You are not alone and nothing you have to ask is to sensitive as long as it is PG rated.  We have young folks here too. I asked some weird and confusing questions when I joined and no one will judge you or say anything that is not there to help you. Welcome and I am glad you found us.  
  • Upcoming Events