• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Laser hair removal

Guest SusanB

be sure to shops around for the best price... ive paid from $300 to $45 per session and the $45 sessions actually have better results.... as for the grey hair look into carbon dye, I just started using it because my beard has these clearish hairs (they arent grey or white, they are literally clear) and it has made a difference.

• Admin

If the hairs are dark gray, it should work, but there are different kinds of machines that differ in effectiveness. I had salt and pepper facial hair, and it did great on the gray. The white hairs left are hardly noticeable and take but a few minutes to shave off. I have no beard shadow after 24 hours. Be guided by the technician's advice, and be sure to ask specifically about those gray hairs.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

I do know that the YAG lasers tend to be more useful with lighter hairs (and darker skin tones)... the diode type lasers tend to only work on light skin and dark hair. Good question though Paradox, its good to research the equipment used and find a provider that uses the laser you want used on you... remember its your money and your skin. Hopefully Carolyn can get back to you on which type/model they used on her. I can say that the cutera coolglide has worked pretty good for me so far (clear whiskers and all)... and I can also say to avoid the soprano XL laser, its kinda garbage.