• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A dumb question from Ms. Kattja.

Guest Kattja

So I have a dumb question. I am not to big on blush or lipstick. Never can find a good blush to start with and my natural lip color stands out well on it's own...But I just dont feel right with out eye shadow and eye liner. If in a rush and can only pick one I pick the eye liner. That being said, the other day I picked up two fab eye liners and a great lavender eye shadow. Tho I have alot of eye shadows and eye liners these new liners I picked up,one is silver and really looks great with my green eyes and the other is a silvery lavender, also looks great. my eyes really sparkle, have little brushes on the end of the pencil. I have never seen this on any of my others I have. What is this for? How do I use it (the brush)? Have I been missing out on a beautiy tool? I was with a friend of mine (who has been a huge help and very suportive with me and who I am) and she had never seen this either and she didnt know how exactly to use this. I attached a photo of the brush, on the end of my liner, next to a dime for sizeing reasons.

I have not seen a pencil liner come with a brush before, but i do have a few liner brushes, one flat, one angled and one pointed. My flat one i like with a few cream liners as i find it creates the best line. The pointed is one i like when i use an eye shadow as a liner. Wet the brush and take some shadow from the edge of the color, work off any excess on the back of the hand and then apply as you would with a pencil. My angled one i use very little, but would use it the same as the reg flat one i have, i just like the flat one better. I also have a tiny smudge brush for when i want to smudge the liner for a softer look.

• Admin

Its used for smudging the liner a bit to help with a smokey effect and blending the liner into the actual shadow. I have one that has a more foamlike back end for the same thing. The brush puts on a VERY fine line, so use two lines, one above the other, and run the smudge tip over it for a new look. Also makes the under eye line look better if you do it on the inside (nose to ear direction) of the eye about 3/4 of the way to the corner of the eye.

No sillier a question than some I have come up with!!

• Admin

How do i use this tool?

Apply your eyeshadow first on the upper eyelid. Apply the LINER with its brush in a fine line on top of the eyelashes, and just run the tool over the liner while it is still drying.

Guest Angelica Alice

I go to YouTube do everything step by step. If I didn't accomplish it, then I do it again. It's kinda fun. Don't except to do it on your first try and be fabulous. Me and my mom have the same kind of everything same skin color and stuff so it's a bit easier trying to match your tone. Can you find or play with samples?

This is great...I love the idea that I can use the brush with my eye shadow to make it into a liner....it's like I have handfulls of new eye liners :) Thanks for the help everyone...was feeling a little dumb not knowing about this brush on the end of my pencil but now, thanks to yall I have new makeup ideas and will have fun with this :) *hugs all around* Thanks ladys :)