• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Adrogyne? Or Ftm?or?

Guest Andrew_is_awsome

Guest Andrew_is_awsome

I am banging my head against the wall. I am utterly confused.

I question myself. What am I? Who am I?

Am I FTM?

Am I Androgyne?

I don't even know anymore!

how do I find out?

what do I do?

I am female, but I feel male.

I love the male side of life, but there are still things about being female that I love.

:banghead::wacko:

help? :blush:

Oh Andrew,

I hate to say that phrase that you see so much here, but a gender therapist is your best chance to help you find yourself.

Sometimes we are so eager to resolve all of our problems that we jump to onclusions - never a good idea, and the answers that you find will effect the reat of your life!

My therapist refers to your 'level of comfort' and that is what you must find!

You might not need to go all the way to male - there is no right or wrong here, just what is right for you!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hey Andrew.....

You know, Sally is right..."Comfort level", great words for us gender gifted people....

Gender is like a scale...1-10 Male/Female

Some people are ones and some are tens...all of the rest of us fall in between somewhere...we're all the 7's and 3's and 5's.. :D

What ever number you feel comfortable on, well,there ya be! ;)

Now, quit banging your head...you are beating up our wall... :lol:

We love ya!

Donna Jean

Guest androgynous
My therapist refers to your 'level of comfort' and that is what you must find!

You might not need to go all the way to male - there is no right or wrong here, just what is right for you!

Love ya,

Sally

Such a good answer, I concur. Maybe a bit cliche, but for me personally: what feels good? and that can be anywhere on the gender spectrum.

Guest Evan_J

Andrew, dude....(gives ya a helmet and a bottle of Tylenol....).....they're right. You don't have to choose one or the other you just have to find out who you are. Gender therapist. Call.

Guest Andrew_is_awsome

thanks you guys...i think i have calmed down a bit...

still confused as hell, but i am working on it.

i am trying to get a gender therapist...the waiting list is long though...

Andrew you are awesome The last two sentences in your original posts says it all You are female but feel male, an you love both sides!! That comment brings warmth to my soul. You are spot on young Andrew and you'll be just fine.

The list is long for gender therapists I found that out myself but the wait is worth it. Meanwhile so enjoy your two sides of life, and consider yourself blessed. Mia.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Irielle

Andrew -

I agree with the other posts - find the place on the gender map where you are comfy and enjoy yourself. A gender therapist is worth the wait so hang in there. You mention you are genetic female but feel male; I am genetic male and feel female, but not enough to make the transition. I have too much boy still in me for that. No matter where you wind up on the gender map, remember that YOUR map is in color and the binarys' maps are in black and white!

Big hug

Irielle

• 2 months later...
Guest ericc
I am banging my head against the wall. I am utterly confused.

I question myself. What am I? Who am I?

Am I FTM?

Am I Androgyne?

I don't even know anymore!

how do I find out?

what do I do?

I am female, but I feel male.

I love the male side of life, but there are still things about being female that I love.

:banghead::wacko:

help? :blush:

Well male and female are only sexes. Masculinity, Femininity and Androgyne are Genders that you feel inside like that you are talking about.

I think you are Androgyne. Masculine Androgyne.

If you were a FTM, you would actually be a Man trapped in a women's body and feel that you need to get out ASAP.

So I would think that you are Masculine Androgyne! ;) And I think that's cool, I like Masculine Women personaly. ;)

Guest CharlieRose
If you were a FTM, you would actually be a Man trapped in a women's body and feel that you need to get out ASAP.

Well, that actually might depend. I thought I was some sort of androgyne for a long time, but it was just because I wasn't ready to accept that I was a transsexual. It took a bit of waiting and seeing, experimenting, and asking myself deep questions, like "Would I want to be someone's husband? Would I want to be called "he" all the time? Would I want to change my name?" stuff like that, and even then it was a while before my answers became unequivocally "YES!"

Guest CharliTo

I second what Charlie is saying... I'm still basically in androgynous mode myself right now...

...and initially I had the same thoughts...but even though I'm pretty scared still yet, I think I'm getting more and more comfortable with being out.

Take your time, I think those like you and me just have anxiety to deal with...but in the end, since I am kinda a tomboyish transgirl, I think it's just good to settle with what you are comfortable with. =)

Do you know any FTM males in real life? Maybe observing how they are in real life can help too. It's been really helpful for me to see other MTFs in daily lives.

Charlene

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree . . . Don't get caught up on labels.  They don't really matter.  Plus, they are all so political.  Trust me I know.  Be yourself and be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

As an androgyne, I realize the kinds of struggles we go through in a mostly dualistic gender world with many limited or narrow minded people in it. I just want to tell those who are struggling with their gender identity that once you find out who you are and accept both or all parts of you, you will come to love yourself and realize that you have the best of both or multiple worlds. On a practical level, your extra-gender qualities mean you can have a wider range of skills and potentials. On a social level, you have extra knowledge and traits to help capture the interest, attraction, friendships, and attractions of those you want. Of course, there are always people who don’t click, like, or accept you or anyone else whether it’s related to gender or any number of things. There are many things I like about myself and a few things I don’t, but being androgynous is not only a main or core aspect of me but one of the ones that I absolutely love the most. My favorite people are usually androgynous to different degrees and I only wish I knew more.

Hi bluemoon,

I noticed this is your first post, so welcome to the playground.  I love androgynous folk, at least the ones I have met.  I agree that accepting oneself, all of oneself, is so important to achieve happiness.  In any case, there are lots of nice accepting folk here, so you might want to introduce yourself over in that section.   :) 

Stephanie

• Forum Moderator

Hi bluemoon

Welcome :)

I really feel for what you say. I think that after considering many things and opinions here the most staraightforward way of putting things is - 'androgybe is me!'

I really love the way you put it

Tracy