• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sally's Thought For The Day

Sally

I often here people running around telling everyone that they don't do drugs, they don't drink alcohol and they don't smoke - they are just "High on Life!"

I tried that but once you get that stuff lit, it just goes out when you pour the milk on it! :D

Love ya,

Sally

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• JJ

Well, I did say it was a 'thought ' for the day - I didn't want to make it too easy!

You could also think about how hard it is to smoke pot - they are made of metal after all!

Sorry about that,

Sally

You could also think about how hard it is to smoke pot - they are made of metal after all!

Sorry about that,

Sally

:lol: that one i got. Sally you are something else B)

It's another day and time for another thought - one a dy is pretty close to my limit!

Have any of you heard about the dyslexic atheist? He didn't believe in dog! :D

Ok, I'll appologize for that one in advance!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

See-Seeee-Seeeeeee

Sally is the punster here!

And the dyslexic guy who walked into a bra? Little TS hummor (verrrry little).

An' my thought for the day: As you go through life, let it be your goal - to look upon the donut, and not upon the hole.

Sally - I hope you haven't started something with this topic, it could turn very ugly!

Well a few days have passed without a thought - not too unusual for me - but while reading through the cooking thread (what on Earth is a cooking thread?) and trying to recal some of my favorite recipes, I remember something from the old Hollywood Squares. Back in the day when Peter Marshall hosted and Paul Lynd occupied the center square!

Peter to Paul, (no this isn't Biblical) "What do you get when you heat a mixture of coco, butter and sugar?"

Paul's responce, "Terminal acne!"

Love ya,

Silly Sally

Well it's been five days so just about time for another thought (if you over work your brain you might wear it out).

The great advantage to being ugly and poor - if someone wants to marry you you can be sure that it isn't for your looks or money - it is for love!

Moral: There is a bright side to everything, sometimes you really have to hunt for it!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Naomi Stardust

the secerity guard at the dump says:

waste is a terrible thing to mind

oh sally, there's always a bright side

but i'd rather be rich good looking and loved/in love!

Guest julia_d
There is a bright side to everything, sometimes you really have to hunt for it!

I'm still working on finding the bright side to burned toast. My big puzzle is this.. Why it always the last of the bread that you forget and cremate in the toaster??

I've been giving this a great deal of thought - if you have a very high quality slicer, you can split the burnt toast into two pieces of burnt toast, but each very thin slice will have a bright side!

As to why the last piece of bread is the one to be cremated it is Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong will!" This law is one of the most universally obeyed laws in the world. The law of gravity is second!

Guest Elizabeth K
I've been giving this a great deal of thought - if you have a very high quality slicer, you can split the burnt toast into two pieces of burnt toast, but each very thin slice will have a bright side!

As to why the last piece of bread is the one to be cremated it is Murphy's law, "Anything that can go wrong will!" This law is one of the most universally obeyed laws in the world. The law of gravity is second!

Addendum to Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optomist

When your breakfast toast slips to the floor and always lands prepared face down, this is good because then you'll always know on which side your bread is buttered.

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzy Said:

Addendum to Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optomist

When your breakfast toast slips to the floor and always lands prepared face down, this is good because then you'll always know on which side your bread is buttered.

Well, Lizzy...If a cat always lands on it's feet and buttered toast always lands butter side down...

Then, what happens when you tie the toast, butter side up, to the back of the cat and toss them off the table????

Gravity repealed???

lol

:P Donna Jean :P

Guest Elizabeth K
Lizzy Said:

Well, Lizzy...If a cat always lands on it's feet and buttered toast always lands butter side down...

Then, what happens when you tie the toast, butter side up, to the back of the cat and toss them off the table????

Gravity repealed???

lol

:P Donna Jean :P

Well. that's a heavy subject. I assume there will be catastropic results in any case. And I know it's been said before, and I don't want to hurt anyones felines.

If you think about it, if the cat twists just a bit to get the toast on her tummy, then when she hits, she'll have it down pat.

I assume the only solution to the arguement you have is - that the cat, ate the pat and the slice, very nice, as she fell, what the hell, falling down, to the ground, hit the floor, out the door... oh oh oh, ah no - no breakfast.

Lizzzzzzy

I put this in a post today and realized that it really belongs here, a true thought for the day.

The only dumb question is the one unasked.

Love ya,

Sally

Gravity repealed. Yes that 's it , Another black hole in the universe. Watch out and don't fall through, that darn cat again.................Mia.

Remember Sally there are no dumb questions,, but there are dumb answers.............................

One of my thoughts on life:

Consider yourself to be a bowling ball, once you find yourself in the gutter it is hard to get out!

Love ya,

Sally

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had any thoughts for a long time, so I would like to give you all one to make you think.

Let me know if you think that this statement is true or false.

All generalizations are wrong!

Think about it!

Love ya,

Sally

You're making one therefore your statement contradicts itself. :lol:

You got it, if it's true then the statement itself is false, so that makes it false which proves that it is true - AARRRRGGGHHHHHH!

Zabrak is a sharp one.

Love ya,

Sally

LOL theres something about you two that conjures that feeling certain teachers get when they see two certain students together in the halls; ya just know they're doin somethin wrong lol. :P And sally.....

lol@"I haven't had any thoughts for a long time" -you're the one who said it, I didn't LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • Ashley0616
    • Skyline
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • EasyE
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Susie
    • Mmindy
    • mattie22
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tami
    Newest Member
    Tami

1. Bebhar
      Bebhar
      (41 years old)
    2. caelensmom
      caelensmom
      (40 years old)
    3. Jani
      Jani
      (70 years old)
    4. Jessicapitts
      Jessicapitts
      (37 years old)
    5. klb046
      klb046
      (30 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      I hope so and glad he loves and accepts me for who I am
    • EasyE
      It is sad that we can't have more open and honest dialogue on these types of topics because there is worthy debate for sure. But instead we have become a country where the only goal is to seize political power and then legislate our particular agenda and views of morality.   Remember as you read my thoughts below, that I am transgender. OK? I am pro-trans. I am trans.   But my middle school aged daughter would be extremely uncomfortable using a school bathroom also used by a biological male, as would nearly all of her friends. That side has to be considered. It's not invalidating to a trans youth's experience to take that into account and hash out what is for the common good of as many people as possible. This is reality - one person's gender expression makes others uncomfortable, in all directions. And there is disagreement on the best way to handle these types of things.   Why can't we talk about these things openly, without the inevitable name-calling that follows, and let all sides have their input and work up suitable solutions? (I bet the kids, if left alone, would work up the best solutions)... Instead, we go straight to trying to pass laws, as if we need more of those!   And why wouldn't we want parents to know if their child has decided to change their pronouns? That's a big deal and parents are right to raise that as a concern. I certainly would want to know. Not that we need to legislate this, but I would have a hard time with school administrators who try to hide this from me. They are out of line. This is my child. Whether you like my viewpoints or not, I am the parent. Not the school.    Again, I am pro-trans. I am trans. At the same point, I recognize that validating a transgender individual's gender identity doesn't trump everything else in society. And sometimes I see that creeping into these discussions. Plus, we fight a losing battle if we have to have others' validation. We are never going to get it from everybody. Ever. Not even Jesus got it and He is God himself!   This country can be very beautiful as we each exercise our freedom to be who we are and let others do the same. But my freedom ends where yours begins and vice-versa. That requires self-sacrifice. Sometimes we have to fall back out of respect for others. Sometimes we have to let the parent be the parent even if we disagree with their politics.   My cry in the wilderness is just can we please have more open, honest dialogue where both sides try take the other's views into consideration and quit automatically going the legislative route to criminalize the other side's viewpoints.   Sorry for the rant but sometimes all of this wears me out... deep sigh... 
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Bite by bite, acrobatics in abdomen
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Yesterday when I put that shirt on I saw a woman looking back out of the mirror at me.  Usually I have looked and been very frustrated because I see a man where there should be a woman.  I was expecting to see a man wearing a woman's shirt, but it was a woman wearing a woman's shirt.   On the spectrum between intersex and trans, I am more thinking I am a lot more intersex than trans, and it is only a matter of time before my wife says "you need a bra" and then "you look like a woman!" She told me whatever I want to do is fine with her, she loves me no matter what, and I am thinking that there may be a lot more for her in this than she could possibly expect. I'm not pushing it with her.
    • Petra Jane
      We have been asked to post this study.   I'm an undergraduate university student in my third year completing a BSc in Anthropology. I'm working on my dissertation, looking at languages with grammatical gender (e.g. languages like Italian and Spanish, nouns are either masculine or feminine). I'm curious if this affects/bothers people with gender identities outside the typical binary of male and female, like non-binary or transgender identities. Using this forum, I would be very grateful if anyone could answer the 5 questions I have put together in a Google form, they are open-ended questions, and you can be as brief or detailed as you want/comfortable with! All responses will also be kept anonymous. As you can probably guess, I came to online forums because finding participants in person is difficult. Talking about gender identities, I understand, can be very personal, so this online anonymised format can be safer. :) If anyone is also particularly interested in this topic, it would be awesome to message one-on-one and do the Google form survey. Having one and one interviews would also be good research! But NONE of this is compulsory, and only if anyone is interested and doesn't mind helping me out and can do so. Institution Supervising Research Study University of Kent Web Address for Study Participation https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdS9zU_dt3RR1V8-3s_0EnDl6w-jsS6-WOZO41uWeqUP0q_YQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      @Mia MarieI found this    Here are critical resources to help transgender seniors face the challenges of growing older - LGBTQ Nation   As far as financial aid I came up empty. :( I'm sorry. I can only imagine what you are going through. 
    • Ashley0616
      @Adrianna Daniellecongratulations to you and your boyfriend! Hopefully a future wedding in the future!   @WillowI'm sorry about that he passed away. He sounded like a role model that others should follow.   @MmindyI'm sorry about your head cold! Hopefully it won't last too long and hope for good rest and recovery. 
    • Mmindy
      Good morning Mia,   This is a great question, and I'm looking forward to the input from others.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mia Marie
      I see more and more postings with what the LGBTQ support organizations are doing and I see less and less about helping the older generation of us. All I really see is them wanting to help transgender youths and no matter how many times I ask for help, they tell me they can't help or they tell me the office I contacted only works with the youth only. Is there an organization that helps older transgender people? All I find when I do a search turns out with nothing more than talking about trans youths. I feel as though us older trasn folks are being left out. I applied for financial help in a form of a grant, twice, and was turned down with no explanations of why. They did ask me to help go over applications which told me I was automatically denied. Really doesn't seem fair, does it?  
    • Ivy
      Require students to use bathrooms that align with the gender they were assigned at birth Prohibit transgender girls in seventh grade or older from participating in girls sports or other girls-only activities  Ban gender-affirming health care — including surgery or hormone treatment — for transgender students under age 18, even if parents consent or the treatment is recommended by a doctor Require schools to notify parents if students change their pronouns or otherwise signal they identify as a gender other than what’s on their official student records Doesn't look like it "protects" anybody.  It actually is about restricting trans kids rights.   The ways politicians name their bills etc. is a farce.  Most of the time they do the opposite of what they're called.
    • Mmindy
      Thank you @VickySGVfor locating and posting this document. I'm saving it as a PDF on my laptop. I'll move it to my iPad later.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Ivy
      There's a lot of bad information out there.  People like the sensational stuff, whether it's true or not.   Too many people live in a news/opinion bubble.  My ex's late husband kept Fox News on 24/7.  It was always there in the background of their life.  There is something about "trans" stuff every day, and always negative.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.