• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Substance Abuse Meeting In Chat.

MaryEllen

• Root Admin

A new 12 step meeting on substance abuse is being planned for the chat rooms. It is tentatively being planned for Thursdays 5 pm EST and will be moderated by chat moderator ChefChristina.

If anyone is interested in attending such a meeting, please indicate by posting below or you may contact Stu(princecharmless) and/or Christina for additional details.

Remember, Chat rooms including the AA/NA recovery room require a separate registration to participate.

If you have a pattern of substance abuse and would like to stop, it might greatly benefit you to attend these meetings.

This meeting is in addition to the Sunday night 9pm EST meeting that has existed for years. It does not replace it.

• Forum Moderator

I am going to try to attend and help as i can. I may sometimes prove an awkward time however.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

Works out to two PM on my coast, lets see what my Java will pull off though. I have got some kind of conflict on my main computer with a program that keeps corrupting Java for me. Even the Java website can't run the chat part of it sometimes, and other times its great. My laptop runs the Java just fine, I just have to fire two computers up and develop a split personality to be around this joint.

I wish them well, since alcohol and drugs are a big issue for the TG folks here and all over. I want to think that our Sunday gab fest has done some good and will stay as a vital part of the overall program. Tomorrow I will be out of town so I cannot make that one.

Guest miss kindheart

sounds like you might need to download a newer version of Java

I have had trouble in the past doing that

if you go to your Java console and deleate you temp java files it should work

:wub: vanna

• Forum Moderator

i have to go out shopping but will hopefully make it back in time.

• Forum Moderator

The meeting is up and running. Please drop in.

Hugs, Charlie

• 2 years later...

I really need to attend!!! Every night for the.last 2 weeks I've told myself this is the last bag its

.just tonight & here I am broke disgusted & empty please send me the exact way I atltend

• Admin

BEFORE Sunday at 9 PM Eastern Time, go over to the Chat Site and register there if you have not. The Mods over there will give you a brief interview and give you some info on how chat works, and unless you tell them you are an admirer or are looking for Date-A-Trans, there will be no problem passing the interview and being welcome.

If another mod has not interviewed you before you come to the Substance Abuse AA/NA chat room, either I or Charlize (who are the room moderators) will do it for you so the head chat administrator does not get on our necks. For me on the left coast the start time is 6PM PDT, and on the right coast it is 9 PM EDT with times in between as you go from west to east.

We are pretty loose there as far as what we do talk about, and if everybody there is clean and sober that night, and not having any cravings or problems, we talk Trans* stuff, or just tell good stories and bad jokes. That can shift direction fast if someone who is hurting and craving comes in, and that becomes an urgent focus. The chat is an hour and a half, but both Charlize and I, and even the others go over time if a sister or brother needs it.

• Forum Moderator

JJ i hope to see you there on Sunday. In the meantime if you can i would look up the NA and AA meetings in your area., usually just a google away. At this point in time so many of us have used drugs as well as alcohol that many AA meetings accept and understand drug abuse as well.

I was never able to quit by myself, most can't, so reaching out as you are doing know is a great step towards a life of freedom.

Hugs,

Charlize

I'm on mountain standard time zone (Denver) I know I need to talk to the local ca...being Trans is ssomething I just admitted to myself in December & yea I'll tell ya sunday! Looking forward to it

JJ

Hey girls.. I can't figure out how in the hell to register on the chat i apologize Vicky you gave great instruction but I can't figure it out even tho I won't be joining you tonight know I'm thinking about all my sisters here & how much I need our bond in my life!

♡JJ

P's if one of you mods would like to message me & interview me that way please feel fre

• Admin

Go to this page

http://www.lauras-playground.com/chat.htm

If you do not see the JAVA plug-in chat utility showing a box in the middle of the page that says Sign In or Register, then you will have to download the JAVA to your computer. There is a button above a large gray space that will appear if you do not have JAVA that takes you to the JAVA download site. If your browser is Google Chrome, you cannot use JAVA, and you will have to download FireFox or Internet Explorer or what Windows 10 now names Microsoft Edge. Go to the JAVA download page, and follow their instructions to download it and install it. You will need to restart the browser AFTER you have installed it. When it opens you may have to give permission for it to run a couple of times before the sign in box appears. If you have not yet registered. you will use the Create New Account feature, which asks for some limited information about you. It asks you to create a UserName which can be the one you use here, or a different version of this name, and you can use the same password you use here in the forums. You may have to wait a couple hours to be approved by the Chat Admin, or at worst overnight.

The interview I spoke of MUST be done in Chat, and is done by using the chat format, which helps you to get used to the forms, and the PM boxes used there. Moderators may contact members without asking permission via PM, but members must ask permission before PMing a moderator or another chat member.

• Forum Moderator

I was hoping to see you there JJ. I also had trouble figuring it out to start. Java can be a bit difficult but the free version is all you need. I have found it well worth the effort. Hopefully you can make it next week.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 years later...

I am a recovering drug addict. I'm clean 18 days now...... I think this may benefit me.  I know i must consider myself a "junkie" forever. My hope that I will always be one in recovery.  My history with dope is vast.............. Maybe? My hand I could offer in support!

• Forum Moderator

Doni i won't be at the meeting at chat tonight (10/15/17) but am there most Sundays.  You would be more than welcome to join us anytime.  There is also a trans* AA meeting which meets 4 days a week now on Zoom where we can have audio and visual contact around the world.  Many of us are both alcoholics well as drug addicts.  Take a look at the Alcohol Forum.  The information on how to join that is pinned there.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

Doni i won't be at the meeting at chat tonight (10/15/17) but am there most Sundays.  You would be more than welcome to join us anytime.  There is also a trans* AA meeting which meets 4 days a week now on Zoom where we can have audio and visual contact around the world.  Many of us are both alcoholics well as drug addicts.  Take a look at the Alcohol Forum.  The information on how to join that is pinned there.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks.. I'll sit In

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

For anyone wishing to join the meeting please simply click on the "live chat" link at the top of the page on the far right below the grey banner.  We no longer need Java so it it is considerably easier to join.  Hope to see you there on Sundays at 9:00 eastern.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Everyone,

A few questions. First: How and where to sign up or register to get on chat?

2nd: Does it work with an android phone?

3Rd: Does anyone know where to access chat on an android phone? It's apparently different than a pc.

4th: Would it be ok to join late? I have an online AA meeting that could run slightly beyond 9:00pm, and I will have a task I'll have to perform before I arive.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Admin

Chat and mobile phones have an awkward relationship.  For some it doesn't work at all.  For some you have to request that it load the desktop version of the page to get it to work.  The mobile version of the page has never worked for anyone, as far as I know.

To access chat, get the desktop version of http://www.transgenderpulse.com/chat.html - make sure it's http:// and not https://, because chat annoyingly doesn't work on secure pages.  Clicking the link from the main page or the forums will take you to the right page.  You should see, probably in the lower right corner, an icon that says "CHAT" in purple letters on top of the trans flag.  Clicking that launches chat, and you can register an account or sign in as soon as you do.

Note that it says it will send you a verification email after you create a new account.  It won't, so don't wait for it.  And you don't need one.  Once you choose a username and password, you can just sign in.  

If you have any trouble creating an account, send me a PM with what you'd like your username and password to be and I'll create one for you. 

I don't attend these meetings, but I have seen folks join late in the past.  I'll let Charlize answer about that, though, as she's the one in charge. :) 

• Forum Moderator

Timber Wolf you are more than welcome to join at any time so if getting access works out for you please join in as you can.  We are in many ways  first step meeting but the format is very flexible.  It usually ends at 10 eastern simply because by then i'm exhausted with an early Monday AM coming up.  Hope to see you there.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Sorry I missed it, but I was busy before the AA meeting and could try to register.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• 7 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Unfortunately I missed the meeting tonight. Discord wouldn't let me in. Even having trouble here with forums. This  is not my night for tech stuff.? Oh well.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to have missed you Timber Wolf.  It was a quiet night.  Hopefully that is because no-one has a problem.   I was glad to see you at the Zoom meeting.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I just tried getting on chat again, still won't let me in. Looks like my presence in the Sunday substance abuse recovery meeting may end. If so, no need worry about me. I'm probably not going to try too  to figure  out how to get back in. Tech stuff just frustrates me.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?