• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

About A Thread In Another Forum

Guest mia 1

In another thread and in anothr forum there is talk about the transgendered community being the red haired stepchild of the LGBT community.

Well if we are who is to blame. We are.

Growing up in the 60's I saw the changes in the Black (African American) community. One hundred years after the Emancipation Proclamation the community finally deceided to follow the message their leaders had been advocating since the 18th century.

"Stand up for your self, listening to the white folk will get you no where." They were right. The civil rights started, the stone ithrown in the lake became a tidal wave of change,yes with a push back here and a push back there but the dream became a reality and two weeks from tomorrow we will have an African American President.

So the parellels are there if we want respect from the LGB(T) community we have to push our way to the front of the bus, and we will become the Rosa Parks of our community.

Respect and recognition are ours. Frankly I thinkwe already have it, but their are others who believe we don't..Just a thought The futere belongs to the young............Mia.

Guest Evan_J

I think I kind of have been feeling /noticing my view of the LGB thing become much the way you've described it. And originally I was one of the "strength in numbers people". "The world is yours"..... you just have to take it.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 161 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Ivy
    • Birdie
    • Mmindy
    • MaryEllen