• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ladies my age 53

Guest SusanB

While i don't notice it without makeup, when i do myself up i notice wrinkles under my eyes. Probably just looking closer (magnifing mirror) but it's bugging me

Any of you have this issue ??

How to cover it up ??

Thanks in advance Susan

• Admin

Its called Concealer (or in my case patching plaster) and it is lighter color of make-up that you wear UNDER your foundation. Apply the concealer to the undereye area where you have the wrinkles, its opaque, whereas your foundation is translucent. Apply the foundation over your whole face. OR, you can use the same foundation that you use over your beard shadow for concealer. I've got 12 years on you, so I know the pain.

Why no, how could you ask? Giggle. I'm only forty seven (LIE), but I notice the very same thing in myself and most all women our age. I write it off as the beauty of aging. Hug. JodyAnn

I will be 53 in a few weeks and I definitely have those fine wrinkles under my eyes. I have a few bigger wrinkles on my forehead. I switched to bare minerals and that seems to be working to a degree. Also make sure to stay hydrated and keep your face moisturized.

Jenny

• Admin

I don't know why they are called "laugh lines." When I notice them, I never laugh. <_<

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Paradox

Well since GG's worry about such, I guess it is just part of the package that goes with changing. When I look in the mirror, I scarcely see the person I was just six months ago. It is scary sometimes just how quickly some things can change. My face certainly has radically altered. "Adjust & adapt" has been my practice, but even I begin to fear that I may be starting to tax the limits of support my wife and friends provide. I'm not sure there is enough concealer made to fix this old mug. ;)

If you are concerned about how your eyes look wear outrageously large breastforms.

Absolutely priceless! But it works.

Now I have to go do laundry AGAIN.

Thank you Sentience.

Huggs,

Joann

• Forum Moderator

I tried the breast forms but can't see them when i'm using the mirror of horrors that magnifies 10x. I hate it but if you get things halfway tidy at that scale they look better in real life. Beware however thing are much worse as you get closer. Thats why the lord gave us glasses to remove.

Hugs,

Charlie

Nothing shiny between the lower lashes and the blush imho...

Perhaps a little dust over the top of the blush to blend and transition, but not shiny...

Michelle

Nothing shiny between the lower lashes and the blush imho...

Perhaps a little dust over the top of the blush to blend and transition, but not shiny...

Michelle

Too old for shiny LOL

Why no, how could you ask? Giggle. I'm only forty seven (LIE), but I notice the very same thing in myself and most all women our age. I write it off as the beauty of aging. Hug. JodyAnn

Jody, i know you can't be more than a century ove 27 LOL

If you are concerned about how your eyes look wear outrageously large breastforms.

Heck yeah

You can use spackling compoun on your cracks and if your chest is big enough, their eyes never get that high to notice. <<V BG>> KathrynJulia

Jody, i know you can't be more than a century ove 27 LOL

If I could quit laughing, I could come up with a smarty pants answer. I think you trumped me on this one. LMAO Hold me up during the hug please. Still giggling. JodyAnn

Its no big deal. Once you become a lady of a certain age you will have a few wrinkles. Its better than the worm holes those who don't reach this age have. Besides it becomes eassier to pass as an older woman with no sexy garbage attached you can just be yourself.

hugs rita

Guest rikkicd64

Its no big deal. Once you become a lady of a certain age you will have a few wrinkles. Its better than the worm holes those who don't reach this age have. Besides it becomes eassier to pass as an older woman with no sexy garbage attached you can just be yourself.

hugs rita

Ah yes Rita, I have found this to be very true!

Hi, I'm 53 and working on my makeup skills. I've been on HRT for about 8 months now, but never really used alot of makeup, and there is so much to learn. I've been trying to develop a good day look. the biggest problem I have is beard shadow under my nose. even after shaving and putting on a concealer I can still notice it when I look hard. I have my first laser hair removal for my face in January but am self concious about it. maybe I'm using the wrong concealer, I don't know. it is lighter than my foundation.

• Admin

I have my first laser hair removal for my face in January but am self concious about it. maybe I'm using the wrong concealer, I don't know. it is lighter than my foundation.

You need a concealer that is going to be brick orange(reddish) and it can be darker than your main foundation, but you will cover it completely with your foundation. Top that off with a coating of rose or coral blush, and then stay away from mirrors, and just quit thinking about how you look and you will do fine.

I stole that trick from Vicky and it works great! I strip the oil from my facial hair with baby shampoo or isopropel alcohol or both. Then I shave in four directions with a very sharp high quailty three or four blade razor and Edge gel. Then I use my Durmablend concealer. Next I take a small amount of bright orange lipstick, $.99 from Sally's Beauty Supply and rub it in over the concealer. Then I can use any color foundation I care to. That process keeps my face looking baby smooth for about 15 hours. I'm a poverty girl from the other side of the tracks, but we can all learn how to be beautiful. OK the expensive Durmablend was a hand-me-down from a gal that had electro and didn't use it anymore. Cheap at twice the price! Giggle. Hug. Raggedy Ann

Guest SandraJane

As to under the eyes...over a year before I started my transition I went to a Cosmetic Dermatologist because I had deep troughs under both eyes for many years. The solution was an injection of Juvaderm into the troughs to lift them up, the Left side required a 2nd injection about 9 months later...that was 2 years ago and the troughs are still on vacation. I also use a Collagen cream under the eyes from time to time to keep them "plumped up".

Facial hair removal goes a long ways also to improving your appearance, and if you are on HRT the results are spectacular! I just reached that "intersection" of HRT and Electrolysis, in just a week the ma'am;'s, lady's and "that girl" went from rarely to a couple of times a day.

Thanks for the advice! I had orange lipstick on hand and tried it out and i really works. I apply the orange lipstick first, then but concealer over that, and then foundation. next time I shop for makeup I will get the orangish concealer.

also, I apply an eye concealer from CoverGirl under my eyes, before applying my foundation, and I think it helps.

thanks again!

Beth