• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sally

Planning For The New Year

Sally

I wrote this poem on New Year's Eve and yet I forgot to post it for my good friends here, I am now correcting that mistake

Planning For The New Year

The holidays are over and we have had our season of cheer

Instead of making resolutions we plan for this coming year

For resolutions are made to be broken or just simply forgotten

Leaving us to feel like we have failed with our self esteem rotten

Instead why not just make plans and changes in our routines

So much more helpful than making lists of our faults it seems

Let us not concentrate on what has happened in the past

Look instead to a future we can shape for ourselves at last

While making resolutions we are forced to think about all we do wrong

In reality isn't that self devaluation what we have been doing all along

Let us plan for what we can do to make this a much better year

Much easier to be happy if you don't let negative thoughts near

Making this a better year is not that hard by doing something new

Instead of thinking about all that was bad just concentrate on you

This was an idea given to me by my therapist, it seems that in making resolutions we force ourselves to analyze all of our shortcomings. For most of us that is not the best pass time. By making plans instead of resolutions we can concentrate on what we would like to do instead of correcting what are doing wrong now. A healthier way to look at the new year with new eyes. It seems that in most matters we are our own worst enemies, in deciding what others will think of us and each year making those endless list of things that we need to do better.

Sally Michelle Jackson

Carolyn Marie

Excellent poem, as always, Sally, and a really good way of looking at the "New Years Resolution" thing. I think your therapist and you have hit on a great idea. Thanks!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest miss kindheart

:thumbsup: sally

We don't make resolutions

Instead we eat 12 grapes in the first minute of the new year and make 12 wishes :D

6 of one and a half dozen of the other :P

Be good ^_^

I know you always are :harhar:

:wub: vanna

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• Timber Wolf
    • Shay
    • Holly92
    • Jackie C.
    • Cyndee
    • DragonflyGirl
    • KathyLauren
    • figuringitout
    • Liam da potato
    • Charlize
    • A. Dillon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

afryingpan
    Newest Member
    afryingpan

1. STACIELEELAH
      STACIELEELAH
    • DragonflyGirl
      I think I'll do it. I'm overdue a check up anyway having missed a couple of regular appointments because of Covid etc.
    • Jackie C.
      Put on a shirt girl! This isn't that kind of site!   You look fine. I've seen cis women that look less like a woman than you do while I'm out running errands. With a little makeup, you could be a knockout.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Shawna is magic? What did you have to rub? (Suggestive eyebrow wiggle.)   I'm not sure what the situation is out West, but I hope you get a sympathetic judge. The kind that says, "And?" when your wife starts outing you like it makes you some kind of monster. I've only heard bits and pieces but your ex... she sounds like a real piece of work. Good luck! Fingers crossed!   Hugs!
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Robin, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Teri Anna! Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Jackie C.
      I've heard that you can lose a little because of spine curvature from a rotating pelvis, but three inches seems like a lot (insert crude joke here). I'd get myself checked out just to be sure.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      That's unacceptable behavior @_x.anime.x. Vicky is absolutely right. You were assaulted by someone who should have been loving, supportive and accepting. You're better off without him.   Might I suggest a therapist or a sexual assault survivors support group? I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic, so I don't really know what's available in your area. The big takeaway is that this is all on him. You were frightened and you were attacked. You didn't do anything wrong. He's the bad guy.   We're always here if you need to talk (in a PG-13 manner because rules).   Hugs!
    • DragonflyGirl
      I have got a degenerative spinal condition that my doctor knows about. 3" is a lot to lose in seven months though. Nobody told me to expect anything like it.   Maybe I should make a GP appointment to see if they can tell me what's going on. 
    • Charlize
      The early days were hard for me.  Most folks were great but a few were a bit of a pain despite all i could do or explain.  Susan is spot on.  A bit of time was all it took and then i was just another person and no longer an oddity.  Hang in there it seems you are doing everything right!  One day you will realize its no longer an issue at all.   Hugs,   Charlize  
    • Shay
      thank you Kay  have to tell you a little story about  Kansas  the first time i saw them was not longer after their first album. they and Queen were double billed at my college U of Toledo. i was working on the college newspaper and guitarist Ric Williams came in our office asking how to get to the dressing room. we told him and as he was walking out, a drunk college kid asked him where the bathroom was and he told him to just stand in the corner of the hall and piss. no onw would notice .  
    • Shay
      i am crying because the support you ladies are ging me...and it is too early to be coming from the hrt....it is coming from my heart tgat is mending because of you. Thank you so much and mental hugs, Heather Shay
    • KayC
      I am pretty sure I want to start HRT at some point (but therapy first).  I am currently not considering bottom surgery but I assume it could possibly change later.  I am more like @SaraAW and that I would want to be on HRT long enough to feel/see the results before I commit beyond. But great question Shay.  Thanks for asking!   One of my all time favorite bands.  I saw them in concert back in the 70s in their heyday.  It was awesome❣️
    • Shay
      you are on your way... oncw i bottomed out and realized i need to love myself before i could love others i think the aura of that drew others to me and things got better and thank god for that or i am certain i would no longer be on planet earth. i am so glad to hear your progress.  mental hugs, Shay (Heather)
    • Charlize
      Did someone take a few inches out of the middle of your tape?  Over years (72) i've lost perhaps an inch due to aging and spine compression.  I have never heard of skeletal changes due to HRT.  I would recommend seeing your doctor as this is perhaps a medical issue.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Shay
      wow...definitely a serious musician...how cool.. 
  • Upcoming Events