• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Nostros

A bit of eye-makeup for everyday: Yay or Nay?

Guest Nostros

Hello,
So I was at school and we had a makeup class and I thought I would try out some of it on myself, though I am/was against makeup for a long time and still am not sure if I'm "for it" now but I wanted to hear your honest opinion if does a bit of eye shadow help me in any ways in terms of passing and/or looks?

<<Removed at Luka's Request>>

Also does this look "natural" and you almost couldn't tell that I'm wearing eye makeup?

Thanks in advance! ^- ^

Guest chngnwnd

The eye make up is very subtle - nicely done. Sometimes people go overboard. Whether or not to wear everyday? It looks nice, but you have naturally nice skin, so it does not really affect your ability to pass. It is more a question of do you want to take the extra time getting ready in the morning and spend the money bying more make up. I nly wear makeup for job interviews and special events now. I have a professional job and rarely wear makeup. Some women in the offie wear it all the time. It's more about how it makes you feel about yourself and how you want to present tot he world. The only thing I can say I have noticed in my experience, is at certain events, it is expected for women and it can tranform "cute" or "pretty" into "striking" or "smoking" with the right clothes and shoes.

hugs

Bobbi

Charlize

When i first went full time you couldn't get me out of the house without makeup. In many ways i'm glad because i got fast and less extreme in its use. A little goes a long way. I don't use it everyday now, just a touch if i'm out and about. It makes my eyes 'pop' a bit and my nose is red without a touch of powder but otherwise unnecessary unless i'm going to an event.

You look great and did very well. It only shows if i look at your eyes and thats the place you want others to look.

Hugs,

Charlie

JJ

Many women feel naked without makeup while others hate it. The real purpose I think is to highlight your best features and subtly enhance your looks. Because I am very fair skinned with fairly light blue eyes and a natural blond I also needed the contrast. No one ever commented directly on the lack of makeup when I didn't wear it but I was unfailingly asked if I was ill or tired even if I felt great.. Nor was I complimented in my looks without it the way I was with. Yet I was very careful to make it look natural as much as possible. When I lived female it also became increasingly important as I aged.

It has it's place for many. Bottom line really is how you feel about it and how it makes you feel.

Johnny

Guest Nostros

Thank you for your great replies!: ) This really helps me to decide.

Guest SusanB

You look really great but the makep is hardly noticable

Guessing you don't really need it

Guest (Lightsider)

:thumbsup: Very well done with the make up. As a side note women should be aware that lighting can affect the style they choose to wear for make up. Daytime and night make a huge difference in washing out skin or even the lighting in a dance club vs dining out.

An example I can think of was this...one woman would look smoking hot on the dance floor but if she stepped out in the lobby it was an OMG moment of what did they beat her with! LOL

Make up creates illusions. In my pictures I took yesterday I am wearing some make up but for the most part, I hate make up. I have super sensitive eyes but I knew I had a bad lighting situation and used makeup to balance it out.

You have hooded eyes. The make up you used and how you applied it was excellent! It makes your eyes pop.

Guest Christina xxx

You look great and you cant notice the make up

Guest Raven Moon

I've always been attracted to women that wear makeup, so I'll likely be wearing it most of the time to. :) I think it's polished and refined looking, as well as being fun and funky.

VickySGV

If you can't tell if a woman has make-up on she probably DID need it!!

It took me years to get my eye makeup right, but putting it on in the mornings is now easy and a MUST for me, or I feel totally naked, moreso than by not wearing a bra!! I have developed three applications, one for ordinary day wear, one for special day wear such as doing presentations in public where they are looking at me under special lights, and then a night wear or club make up style that is varied depending on my outfit, or if I am wearing a wig that is different from my daily hair color.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• Willa
    • Timber Wolf
    • MaryMary
    • KathyLauren
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • Ronin82
    • MaryEllen
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Calvin 😝
    Newest Member
    Calvin 😝

No users celebrating today
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I fully agree.  To a point.  I say this from what Vicky had pointed out that “passing” is mostly a mental aspect and if your physical self does not match the mental image then your always going to be trying.  Another wise thing I have read previously from Vicky as well is we are always going to be our own worst critics.  Couple those two mental components it’s a very small margin we give ourselves to “pass” in.   However I am a goal oriented person and always live life on a check list.  While this helps me organize and complete things I have had to learn I can not view my transition as a check list.  I’m not a patient person either so my struggles to say it takes time does not make me feel any better. I had to change that.   In other words I set far lower expectations of my appearance.  Yes I struggle with this.  I have my demons and dysphoric times where I do not “see it” but that takes time too.   At first I doubted I’d ever look feminine enough at all and now I feel like a beautiful women in my person my heart and on the outside too.    That is all a mental process.   I have always had a “not cared what others think” type of personality so this transfers nicely for me on what others may see.   Again to quote Vicky.  Most people will not even see you no less judge your gender.  Face to face interaction included.   It boils down to confidence.   And great hair and make up.  Lol  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Well I have a T check this Monday so we will see.  Though I do not think I’m physically incapable but it’s more a mental component of I don’t care about it and it’s not a priority in my daily thinking.  Certainly not as it was when I was living fully male.   Which again makes me very happy.  My issue also is I’m not in a relationship where sex can even happen nor does anyone want me in the regard.  That plays a big roll too.  
    • TammyAnne
      Amanda I'm sorry to read of your disappointment and sorry that youve had to be rescheduled. Perhaps it's just as well if that hospital isn't going to be welcoming, you certainly wouldn't want to spend any time there. Or perhaps it's a technical issue, who knows? At any rate, you'll get there! 《《《 hug 》》》 TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hello and welcome Piper! You needn't feel shy. I lurked for more than a month just reading before signing in at the encouragement of my gender therapist! Lots of good information and friendly folks here. TA
    • Belle
      You probably want to make sure your T is high enough. T blockers may not even be necessary, and can apparently even be harmful and prevent future breast growth if your levels get too low. This is according to a few sources including my doctor.   From what I understand the "O" just takes practice. I'm sure you will learn if you try. They are not the same as before. I have had different types even before discovering who I was.   Belle ❤
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I’m not trying overly hard to speak differently as my voice therapist has my baseline voice at gender neutral.  I do feel I emit a more feminine voice and somewhat softer then before. I was told by my VT that I sound somewhat shy with being extremely confident in action.   But I do have lots of work still in that.  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I appreciate the nice comments. I do feel confident in my female look now since I have finally seen that women from the inside come forth and I even show pride in myself.  I’ve always have been an overly confident person though so this is not new to me.  Lol  
    • Belle
      🤣 At least you will always remember it!   You've started the ball rolling now. Have fun being yourself in public. You know there's no going back now right?! 😋 It feels too wonderful.   And it is totally awesome that you are passing in public already! Are you using your female voice?   One thing I love about going out as myself is that even though I know I don't pass, most people treat me well, especially women. That affirmation is euphoric all on its own.   Belle ❤
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I ve always known that on some level but never thought I’d have to relay on my brain so much for this.  Lol My lady meds have shut down the works down there.  I’m both happy and sad.   I don’t know if I will ever have an “O” again. 
    • Belle
      That's super frustrating! I'm so sorry you're having to go through that I hope that is not a trend for hospitals!   I hope your trip to Houston was still fun in some ways.   Belle ❤
    • Belle
      Interesting... LOL I never thought of it in the past tense. For those who aren't following, here is the difference (I think this is what Alex means):   Present Tense - to pass a test. This occurs every time someone looks at you or interacts wirh you. Past Tense - to pass a threshold, such as a finish line. This happens once.   Is that how you were thinking of it Alex?
    • Robin68
      I certainly believe it does for me and of course, what's right for me may not work for you. I might be reaching for something you don't want, at least not as a total transformation.   I am feeling my way along this path so I am not ready for GRS yet, and I may never be. But I think I am interested and ready for HRT and am looking into BBL right now also. This is my journey and it may not match yours exactly. 😊
    • J.Ryan
      Smell good. Look good. Feel good.  Just finished working out, and got cleaned up. Here's hoping I can stick to a routine. 
    • Susan R
      Very interesting.  Have you by chance seen a physician to ask what might be causing this?  Unexpected bleeding like this could be serious medical condition.  If you haven’t done so already, I would highly encourage you to have it checked out.   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      It’s a wonderful feeling (with the exception of your confrontation). Please be careful when being confronted by irrational and immature individuals like that.  You definately don’t want either of you being a statistic.   As I’ve mentioned to you before, I truly doubt you will have much misgendering in public and accept that most people see you as a woman.  It’s affirming as anything and never seems to get old.  I’m really happy this is happening for you and it’s likely going to continue much more often as you blossom.   My Best, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events