• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A bit of eye-makeup for everyday: Yay or Nay?

Guest Nostros

Guest Nostros

Hello,
So I was at school and we had a makeup class and I thought I would try out some of it on myself, though I am/was against makeup for a long time and still am not sure if I'm "for it" now but I wanted to hear your honest opinion if does a bit of eye shadow help me in any ways in terms of passing and/or looks?

<<Removed at Luka's Request>>

Also does this look "natural" and you almost couldn't tell that I'm wearing eye makeup?

Thanks in advance! ^- ^

Guest chngnwnd

The eye make up is very subtle - nicely done. Sometimes people go overboard. Whether or not to wear everyday? It looks nice, but you have naturally nice skin, so it does not really affect your ability to pass. It is more a question of do you want to take the extra time getting ready in the morning and spend the money bying more make up. I nly wear makeup for job interviews and special events now. I have a professional job and rarely wear makeup. Some women in the offie wear it all the time. It's more about how it makes you feel about yourself and how you want to present tot he world. The only thing I can say I have noticed in my experience, is at certain events, it is expected for women and it can tranform "cute" or "pretty" into "striking" or "smoking" with the right clothes and shoes.

hugs

Bobbi

• Forum Moderator

When i first went full time you couldn't get me out of the house without makeup. In many ways i'm glad because i got fast and less extreme in its use. A little goes a long way. I don't use it everyday now, just a touch if i'm out and about. It makes my eyes 'pop' a bit and my nose is red without a touch of powder but otherwise unnecessary unless i'm going to an event.

You look great and did very well. It only shows if i look at your eyes and thats the place you want others to look.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

Many women feel naked without makeup while others hate it. The real purpose I think is to highlight your best features and subtly enhance your looks. Because I am very fair skinned with fairly light blue eyes and a natural blond I also needed the contrast. No one ever commented directly on the lack of makeup when I didn't wear it but I was unfailingly asked if I was ill or tired even if I felt great.. Nor was I complimented in my looks without it the way I was with. Yet I was very careful to make it look natural as much as possible. When I lived female it also became increasingly important as I aged.

It has it's place for many. Bottom line really is how you feel about it and how it makes you feel.

Johnny

Guest (Lightsider)

:thumbsup: Very well done with the make up. As a side note women should be aware that lighting can affect the style they choose to wear for make up. Daytime and night make a huge difference in washing out skin or even the lighting in a dance club vs dining out.

An example I can think of was this...one woman would look smoking hot on the dance floor but if she stepped out in the lobby it was an OMG moment of what did they beat her with! LOL

Make up creates illusions. In my pictures I took yesterday I am wearing some make up but for the most part, I hate make up. I have super sensitive eyes but I knew I had a bad lighting situation and used makeup to balance it out.

You have hooded eyes. The make up you used and how you applied it was excellent! It makes your eyes pop.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Raven Moon

I've always been attracted to women that wear makeup, so I'll likely be wearing it most of the time to. :) I think it's polished and refined looking, as well as being fun and funky.

• Root Admin

If you can't tell if a woman has make-up on she probably DID need it!!

It took me years to get my eye makeup right, but putting it on in the mornings is now easy and a MUST for me, or I feel totally naked, moreso than by not wearing a bra!! I have developed three applications, one for ordinary day wear, one for special day wear such as doing presentations in public where they are looking at me under special lights, and then a night wear or club make up style that is varied depending on my outfit, or if I am wearing a wig that is different from my daily hair color.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • MaryEllen
    • A. Dillon
    • MiraM
    • figuringitout
    • Jeanette West
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

stebF
    Newest Member
    stebF

1. Kole Rickard
      Kole Rickard
      (17 years old)
    2. Priya Sweet
      Priya Sweet
      (30 years old)
    • ElizabethStar
      WOW your looking good Berni. You can really see the difference in your before and after photos.
    • ElizabethStar
      My experiences have been a little different. When I first met with my Endo we did the meet and greet, talked about goals, expectations and the risks. She wrote my scripts right there on the spot then sent me down the hall for blood work. I live in an informed consent state. Went beck 2 months later for a check-up/blood work and some adjustments were made. Then Covid hit and it was 5 months before my next check-up and blood test. As of now, I need to check-in with my Endo and see what she wants to do, I need refills by the end of next month and everything is still booked up for weeks.
    • DragonflyGirl
      Wonderful job! Xxx
    • ElizabethStar
      I've been contemplating the same choices but have been leaning toward zero-depth. I just don't see myself dating a guy again. If I find myself in need of being penetrated I still have that other option. But I'm there yet so I can't say that's my final decision.    
    • Jeanette West
      And here I was, looking for a place to ask: when do other girls change their names? I've been on HRT for two years, coming up in four months my FFS, so I was thinking I would file the paperwork with the courts next week. For myself I am sick of hearing my old name and really want to change to my new name.  
    • Jackie C.
      Well, I've got full depth and while I wasn't done HEALING for three to six months, I was fully active after six weeks and able to stand for long periods faster than that. Something like two or three weeks. I weathered a twenty-hour train ride a week afterwards (I hated it, but I got through it). Really sitting was the big hurdle. Dilation was a bigger pain because four times a day for the first month. That really eats into your time.   Surgical time depends on your doctor. Mine can do full depth in three to four hours usually (according to her anyway, I was out for the whole thing).   As for sex, well it depend on whether or not you want vaginal penetration. Your clitoris will work fine either way, but you need a canal if you're going to be using someone's penis from the front.   For me it was a non-issue. While I am very, very gay my dysphoria wouldn't settle for zero-depth despite the relative safety, ease, etc... Honestly, if I could have swung it, I would have gone for the abdominal pull-through method, but it's harder to find surgeons that will do it and I have additional medical concerns.   Even with the upcoming revision (and attendant scheduling nightmare), I'm solidly behind my choice.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Pretty much what @Phi said. I talked with the Endo, then she sent me downstairs for blood work. Repeat visits for blood work every two months until my estrogen levels were female-normal. That took two or three tries. Then every six months to make sure my body wasn't doing anything too out of the ordinary. Now I'm down to one a year.   Oh, I should point out that I get my blood drawn and labs done about a week before I see my endo. That way we have something to talk about during the visit.   Hugs!
    • Phi
      My first visit was about to get to know each other, talking about my wishes and my goals and possible side effects. They took lots of blood. A week later I started HRT and had to visit every 6 weeks until my dosage was right. These were just short visits for taking blood samples, asking how I feel, whether there are any problems. When E-levels were within range we scheduled the next appointment 4 to 6 month later. When everything is alright, I have to visit every six month.
    • RhondaS
      You can read plenty of people talking about their first visit to an endocrinologist, but having done that, wondering what happens at follow up visits? And how often they happen as time goes by?    
    • onyx
      When was your last menstrual cycle ... I was getting a checkup and this nurse had to ask me those questions...
    • RhondaS
    • Berni
      Thanks @Lexi C. I'm really enjoying the  codeine floatyness at the moment. 
    • Lexi C
      Wow Berni you look amazing. Congrats. Girl  
    • Lexi C
      Hey  So finally meet with my Vaginal Plasma surgeon. I had to wait two year but it was a goal come true. To tell the truth i had a hard  time concertation as he started to explain the different types of procedures cause i was so exited to be there. He want into great detail about the recovery and the dilate period of each one. He it made clear that he was suggestion a Non Canal surgery. Although, he has done both. \ His best point was the recovery and dilate time . For Canal 3 to 6 months for Non Canal 6 to 9 weeks. He pitch the idea that with a  Non Canal  i would  not need to dilate for live.( 6weeks to 9), not to mention a 3 to 4 surgery compare to 7hr surgery, He also stated that the recovery time was almost double with a Canal pro then not.  My question is has anyone had either and was there a big diff in the sex with a Canal or without To be honest i am self employed. Six months of recovery  time would properly destroy me finically and send me back on to the street or a shelter which i am trying to avoid. So i could use a little advice if you have every found your self in a similar situation and if you regret  picking the wrong procedure   Ty for the support Lexi
    • Msecret
      Thank you 🙂 Abi. Very thoughtful reply and ideas and I'll incorporate these into my life. 
  • Upcoming Events