• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A bit of eye-makeup for everyday: Yay or Nay?

Guest Nostros

Guest Nostros

Hello,
So I was at school and we had a makeup class and I thought I would try out some of it on myself, though I am/was against makeup for a long time and still am not sure if I'm "for it" now but I wanted to hear your honest opinion if does a bit of eye shadow help me in any ways in terms of passing and/or looks?

<<Removed at Luka's Request>>

Also does this look "natural" and you almost couldn't tell that I'm wearing eye makeup?

Thanks in advance! ^- ^

Edited by Megan Rose
Pictures removed on request
Guest chngnwnd

The eye make up is very subtle - nicely done. Sometimes people go overboard. Whether or not to wear everyday? It looks nice, but you have naturally nice skin, so it does not really affect your ability to pass. It is more a question of do you want to take the extra time getting ready in the morning and spend the money bying more make up. I nly wear makeup for job interviews and special events now. I have a professional job and rarely wear makeup. Some women in the offie wear it all the time. It's more about how it makes you feel about yourself and how you want to present tot he world. The only thing I can say I have noticed in my experience, is at certain events, it is expected for women and it can tranform "cute" or "pretty" into "striking" or "smoking" with the right clothes and shoes.

hugs

Bobbi

• Forum Moderator

When i first went full time you couldn't get me out of the house without makeup. In many ways i'm glad because i got fast and less extreme in its use. A little goes a long way. I don't use it everyday now, just a touch if i'm out and about. It makes my eyes 'pop' a bit and my nose is red without a touch of powder but otherwise unnecessary unless i'm going to an event.

You look great and did very well. It only shows if i look at your eyes and thats the place you want others to look.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

Many women feel naked without makeup while others hate it. The real purpose I think is to highlight your best features and subtly enhance your looks. Because I am very fair skinned with fairly light blue eyes and a natural blond I also needed the contrast. No one ever commented directly on the lack of makeup when I didn't wear it but I was unfailingly asked if I was ill or tired even if I felt great.. Nor was I complimented in my looks without it the way I was with. Yet I was very careful to make it look natural as much as possible. When I lived female it also became increasingly important as I aged.

It has it's place for many. Bottom line really is how you feel about it and how it makes you feel.

Johnny

Guest (Lightsider)

:thumbsup: Very well done with the make up. As a side note women should be aware that lighting can affect the style they choose to wear for make up. Daytime and night make a huge difference in washing out skin or even the lighting in a dance club vs dining out.

An example I can think of was this...one woman would look smoking hot on the dance floor but if she stepped out in the lobby it was an OMG moment of what did they beat her with! LOL

Make up creates illusions. In my pictures I took yesterday I am wearing some make up but for the most part, I hate make up. I have super sensitive eyes but I knew I had a bad lighting situation and used makeup to balance it out.

You have hooded eyes. The make up you used and how you applied it was excellent! It makes your eyes pop.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Raven Moon

I've always been attracted to women that wear makeup, so I'll likely be wearing it most of the time to. :) I think it's polished and refined looking, as well as being fun and funky.

• Admin

If you can't tell if a woman has make-up on she probably DID need it!!

It took me years to get my eye makeup right, but putting it on in the mornings is now easy and a MUST for me, or I feel totally naked, moreso than by not wearing a bra!! I have developed three applications, one for ordinary day wear, one for special day wear such as doing presentations in public where they are looking at me under special lights, and then a night wear or club make up style that is varied depending on my outfit, or if I am wearing a wig that is different from my daily hair color.