• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting a photo log of my transition.

Guest Sarah Faith

Guest Sarah Faith

Hey all, well I'm not entirely sure that this belongs in the Passing forums because it's not really about passing, but since it's about a picture of me that I might as well put this here. Which is pretty incredible seeing as how I've never shared a picture online before.. ever!

Anyways... I decided while going through my weight loss photo log on my old phone, that maybe it could be interesting to do it for transitioning, and granted technically I started changing physically when I started losing weight... I would rather almost burn those pictures. :)

Sooo I decided I'd just go ahead and share this one, so I put it in my gallery. I'm a few weeks out from starting on HRT, and as you might be able to tell I haven't had a chance to start hair removal for my stubble. I just didn't shave it because A. I figured for the whole purpose of the "log" it would fit, and B. My skin is so sensitive it's pretty painful to shave. lol.

Anyways let me know what you all think. :) Picture is in my gallery.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carolyn Marie

• Kyla666

• JenniferB

• Charlize

• Forum Moderator

The smile is great dear and your face is pretty!

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Sarah Faith

Thanks! :)

That's really sweet of you to say Charlie. =)

I still have 20-30 pounds I need to lose though! lol Buut I'll add more as time goes on, I'm usually not the most eager person to have my picture taken though.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Sarah Faith

Well I've been on HRT for just about a month now, and I added a new picture! Also have a laser treatment done too so my facial hair has improved a bit, less shadow!

Sarah 1month HRT

I also decided to go ahead and add a before picture, I was probably pretty close to my heaviest in that picture around 350 pounds and it was from about 6 or 7 years ago. MUCH prefer the way I look now, this is one case where younger is NOT better! LOL!

MePreWeightloss

THE HORROR!

How does everyone have the money to start laser once they start HRT?? it's just not fair :hairpull:

ps.. I been on HRT for 8 months now and Just now got up the money i need for laser...But finding it hard to pick a place :unsure:

• Admin

You look great, Sarah, and with the HRT and LHR and some eyebrow shaping, you are going to look very lovely. Keep up the great work on the weight loss!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Nikkichick33

Hello SarahB. you Look great! keep up the good work. I do have one question though. why is everyone so apt to get Laser, why not Electro? if I have heard right, with laser, you have to shave the area before getting it treated, sooo, even though the hair will fail to grow back, it will still be under your skin, so, how will that remove the shadow if the hair is still under the surface of the skin? whereas, electro completely removes the hair..

Nikki..

• Admin

Hello SarahB. you Look great! keep up the good work. I do have one question though. why is everyone so apt to get Laser, why not Electro? if I have heard right, with laser, you have to shave the area before getting it treated, sooo, even though the hair will fail to grow back, it will still be under your skin, so, how will that remove the shadow if the hair is still under the surface of the skin? whereas, electro completely removes the hair..

Nikki..

Nikki, there are proponents for both methods. The plusses for LHR is the cost is much more reasonable ($1600-3000), quicker, and arguably less painful. They can't promise permanent hair loss, but for many, it is nearly permanent. It's been over three years for me, and I have not noticed any return of hair. However, I do have white hairs that require shaving every day. The laser does zap below the skin and takes out the root, if I'm not mistaken, but it isn't as completely effective as electrolysis.

Electrolysis is permanent, but the treatments are very expensive, the process can take many months or even years, its very painful, and you have to grow your hair out for 2-3 days before a treatment.

It's a personal decision. It worked very well for me, but I've heard many negative reviews as well. Choose your poison.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Sarah,

Quite a transformation, already! Wow! :D

The best part being you are happy with yourself, of course!

I agree with Carolyn, you are doing great and will continue on that course!

Thanks so much for sharing! It's a big step to share when you're not fond of pictures to begin with!

It's nice to have you around Laura's, by the way!

Warmly,

Brad

Guest Sarah Faith

Thanks everyone! :)

Your welcome to try Jody! I tend to be the first to flee in terror though!

How does everyone have the money to start laser once they start HRT?? it's just not fair :hairpull:

ps.. I been on HRT for 8 months now and Just now got up the money i need for laser...But finding it hard to pick a place :unsure:

I don't really have the money to start Laser and I was just going to wait till I did. Unfortunately shaving got even more painful after I started HRT to the point where I had razor burn for a week on my neck area that was just miserable. I'm using funds that are meant for other things, and the place that I picked has pretty good prices and they are letting me pay per treatment rather than for a whole package. I'm paying around $120 dollars per treatment which is still expensive since I'm more or less broke.

I picked this place a few years ago, accidentally found out about it on Google while researching hair removal options. I was mainly drawn to it because its a smaller business and not a spa type place. It's owned and operated by Registered Nurses so I felt pretty comfortable with checking them out. :)

Nikki..

Nikki, I picked laser because there is less time and money commitment for it. I also have fairskin (when I'm not tanned.. when I tan I look almost hispanic lol) and very dark hairs which is ideal for laser. Electrolysis from my research is far too time consuming and my facial hair is just so thick that I felt it would take far too long to get any worthwhile results.

The hair's don't actually stay under the skin forever. The way the nurse explained it to me is that I would experience what would look like regrowth within a few days and then the dead follicles would fall out entirely. Exfoliating helps this process too so I've been doing that and moisturizing with an aloe based moisturizer.

Hi Sarah,

Quite a transformation, already! Wow! :D

The best part being you are happy with yourself, of course!

I agree with Carolyn, you are doing great and will continue on that course!

Thanks so much for sharing! It's a big step to share when you're not fond of pictures to begin with!

It's nice to have you around Laura's, by the way!

Warmly,

Brad

Thanks so much brad! :D That actually means quite a lot to me. :)

Guest Nikkichick33

Thanks for that info SarahB! I am also fair skinned, sooo, I will also be going with laser :thumbsup:

Hello Nikki Alana jones, there are two Nikki's now, this is my name I was given at Birth, Hope you enjoy the group!

Nikki...

OK, I was trying to hold my tongue, but I can't. Tell you a secret Sarah? You are going to look better than your Avatar soon. You rock! Jody

PS---Some really stylish girl glasses and you are home free girl! JA

Guest Sarah Faith

That's so sweet of you to say JodyAnn! :) I have to admit it's a bit shocking to have someone say that so I'm more or less speechless! Buut thank you! :ThanxSmiley:

I've actually been meaning to get to the eye doctor to update my prescription for my glasses some things are getting annoyingly fuzzy. Ironically I tried to pick a much more feminine style last year but the guy laughed and told me those were women's frames and more or less blocked them from me and I ended up with these. :banghead:

Guest Nikkichick33

OK, I give you a positive comment to, and I am the only one who does not get a thank you!!! I have done nothing to you for you to have a problem with me!!!!

Guest Sarah Faith

OK, I give you a positive comment to, and I am the only one who does not get a thank you!!! I have done nothing to you for you to have a problem with me!!!!

Aw! I'm sorry Nikki! My general thanks to everyone was directed to all of the comments. :) I try not to be overly redundant! lol

JodyAnn's second comment just really floored me which doesn't really happen too often! But I am grateful for all of the positive feedback! :)

Guest Sarah Faith

Hmm, I actually did try to find something better then that one but I was always a serious photophobe! I only had that one on hand because it was originally a picture of me with my little sister, that my dad sent me as part of his guilt trip scheme! I just edited it to remove my sister and used it for my own purposes mwhahaha.The other picture in my gallery that I didn't post here in the thread was taken just a few days before I started HRT so between the two pictures the biggest difference there would be less beard shadow.

I actually love AJ Green he's an incredible athlete, but Peyton Manning is a Hall of Famer! :D I'm glad at least someone noticed it was a #18 Jersey! lol

Guest Sarah Faith

It's not a valid Before & After without a real "before" pic ;)

Also, the only orange #18 NFL jersey one should wear is an AJ Green Bengals jersey! :P

Alright Kylie, challenge accepted! :D lol

I went and dug through my phone for pictures I might have taken right when I started HRT, and I found one semi awful candid head shot and then I tried my best to recreate it now and made a actual before/after 1 month HRT picture..

1day before And 1month into HRT

The left image is about 1 or 2 days into starting HRT, the right picture is from well today. lol Not a huge change really yet, slightly softer features, and less dense facial hair. So hopefully that is a more legit before and after image! lol