• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

new here and im confused

Guest sunspirit92

Guest sunspirit92

Hi I am new here and don't really know what im doing. I have a lot of questions that I cant answer. I feel lost and confused and I cant find answers because I don't really have anyone to talk to because I live in a small town. Soo here I am with not a clue what im doing. Can anyone help me or answer some questions?

Guest Melissa~

Sure welcome to the forum.

Ask away, obviously this forum concentrates on heavy subjects like support and abuse, and drifts right to fluffier stuff like style and treatments. A introduction post can certainly pose questions.

• Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Laura's. We are here to help as we can. Most of us have been confused at times. Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions found at the bottom of any page.

As you read about the paths of others and post about your own you will hopefully find some answers to your questions. Again welcome you are not alone and have found a caring spot!

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest sunspirit92

well I have been going through a lot in the last few months. I have cross dressed but I feel that I should be more than that. from early memories I've had all types of weird reams and most of them included cross dressing. other things I've physically done I've worn makeup and I have cross dressed. I can remember all that from a young age. it really started bugging me around the age of I wanna say 13. they didn't get bad till a few months ago. I said something to my mom about it and she says its probably just a phase and if its not then I will just have to play it out. I'm just struggling on finding out if I may me a trans person and if I am I don't know what to do about it.

Guest Robin Winter

Is seeing a therapist an option for you? It's really the best route to take, particularly one who has experience with gender specific therapy. They can help you sort out your feelings so you can better decide your future, and they can usually provide local resources, support groups, that sort of thing. I realize it's not always an option for people for various reasons, but if you can see someone, it's definitely worth trying :)

That being said, we will of course do our best to answer any questions you have, or just listen if you wanna talk.

Welcome to the forum. As Charlie said, most of us have been confused at one point or another as to what we were going through. Now you have us to help you. And of course, plenty of soul-searching and learning more about yourself really helps, too.

Guest sunspirit92

yes it is an option. I actually have a doctors app. tomorrow because of depression so idk if I should say something to her or not. Could she find me a therapist? I don't want one who's going to waste my money and time either. Not to long ago I almost took my life cus I pretty much said that im done living. good thing I didn't do it. I would have hurt a lot of people.

Guest Robin Winter

Well...I'm not really certain how it works in the U.S., but that's how I got my gender therapist. I talked to my family doctor and she sent in a referral for me. It would be worth asking if she knows of any with the appropriate experience, I should think.

• Admin

I actually have a doctors app. tomorrow because of depression so idk if I should say something to her or not. Could she find me a therapist? .

Hello, hon, and welcome to the Playground. Telling your doctor is certainly a good option, but you would be very lucky if they knew of therapists that specialize in transgender issues. Those are called gender therapists (G.T's), and they can be found in most metropolitan areas and even medium sized towns. We have a list by state that might be a good starting point: http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

You can also Google gender therapists for your town, or look for LGBT centers. There is the option of going to a general therapist, but the issues surrounding being TG or TS are complex and specialized, and you may not want to wait while your therapist researches the literature.

I encourage you to look through the forums, read the pinned topics at the top of each listing that pertain to your questions, and post your own topics and ask any question you like. We do ask all our new members to please read the site Terms and Conditions, as we use them to keep the site safe for everyone.

There is a lot to learn, so don't feel you have to absorb too much all at once. We'll do our best to guide you and support you. You've come to the right place.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest sunspirit92

I live in a small town so if I have any therapist here Idk if its gonna be a gender therapist. I was read online that I might have to go to a bigger city. right now this is my closest thing to a support group. I think part of the reason why I might be here is because of Christianity some people will tell me its sin to be like this and others will tell me it doesn't apply to god. I have only been to church a few times but I don't want to tell them my problems if there only going to judge me. so i'm staying hidden until I figure out want I want or what I need. I absolutely don't wanna go back to that other night and im afraid if people judge me that's where i'm gonna end up. I've also told some friends that I trust with my life and they pretty much told me live my life and don't listen to what other people tell you

Guest sunspirit92

another thing I cant figure out is why I feel the way I do and why I do the things I do. half the time I feel like I freak cus there is no else around me that has these problems.

Guest Sarah Faith

I live in a small town so if I have any therapist here Idk if its gonna be a gender therapist. I was read online that I might have to go to a bigger city. right now this is my closest thing to a support group. I think part of the reason why I might be here is because of Christianity some people will tell me its sin to be like this and others will tell me it doesn't apply to god. I have only been to church a few times but I don't want to tell them my problems if there only going to judge me. so i'm staying hidden until I figure out want I want or what I need. I absolutely don't wanna go back to that other night and im afraid if people judge me that's where i'm gonna end up. I've also told some friends that I trust with my life and they pretty much told me live my life and don't listen to what other people tell you

Carolyn Marie gives some really great advise, it's worth looking into but you may indeed have to travel to a bigger city near you so you may have to drive a bit.

I come from a Christian background my self, a very very religious family and I have received that kind of judgement before my self. I do not however allow the way other people view me change how I view my self or my religion, people can and will twist religion, or anything really to affirm their own hatreds or lack of understanding. Though this isn't really the area of the forums to discuss religion so I will leave it at that. You should definitely however find a safe environment to explore your situation in, and a gender therapist is a fantastic place to start.

Your friends seem to be supportive of you regardless of how you live your life, and that's a great thing.

another thing I cant figure out is why I feel the way I do and why I do the things I do. half the time I feel like I freak cus there is no else around me that has these problems.

That is natural, and definitely something a Gender Therapist can help you with. You are most certainly not a freak, there are a lot of us who have gone through the same things you are not alone in this!. You've definitely come to a great place, there are so many great resources here to learn from and so many great people that can help answer your questions. :) Soo Welcome!

Guest sunspirit92

wow thanks that helps a lot. I got into Christianity sometime last year 1 of my friends who is christen says that people shouldn't judge other people but he does it so that makes him a hypocrite. and its not fair. ive read most of the bible but I lost interest of reading it because reading is not my favorite thing to do lol but he says something and then he completely changes it. I don't get it but any way its whatever. I also want to say thank you for everyone being so nice its hard to find people who understand you and isn't going to judge you. I feel like home already and ive only been on here for 3 hours so everyone thank you

Guest sunspirit92

that helps a lot its not easy finding people who understand you. being here feels like home and ive only been here for about 3 hours. I appricate everyone being so nice

Guest Melissa~

Don't assume too much, I own a farm and the nearest village to my farm has 80 people, some town... I do have to confess I am not living at my farm for now, I'm transitioning in suburbia, but my farm neighbors know me and my situation, which means -everyone- there knows. My family settled the area in 1823, I suppose I'm still a settler taking some arrows. :doh1:

Guest sunspirit92

wow that's cool I have a little bit of country in me. if anyone catches that I post something more than once that's just me being a little impatient.

Guest sunspirit92

another question. I have noticed on natural born girls there hands and feet seem a lot smaller than than mine. is there something that can be done or am I just gonna have to live with that. I don't care to much but I would prefer to look more feminine as much as possible

Hi sunspirit and welcome from me too. Take a deep breath girl, you are home among friends now. Don't be impatient, relax and enjoy the family. People are coming and going here 24/7, so you have to give time for people to hit you up with the answers. We all love to help. Hug and have fun here. JodyAnn

Guest sunspirit92

ok I will take this slower if I need to. I was just wonderin though. every girl I know there hands and feet are just so much smaller than mine

• Forum Moderator

Hi Sun Spirit and welcome aboard. I think that under the gender therpasits we have listed here , some of them see clients via Skype. If you live in a town too small to have a decent therpists please consider skype. One other thing to be very careful of is being sure that the terpists is knowledgable on GID.

Mike