• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoe size...

Guest Sascha

Guest Sascha

Shoe size is what bothers me a lot. I have a size 10. Gigantic, or so I thought!

Today I read that Nicole Kidman and Paris Hilton both have size 11 (!) amazing isn't it... I am taller than Paris Hilton, still it seems that my feet look bigger than hers while they are smaller. So weird! :S

I am as tall as Nicole Kidman (1.80 meter) and my shoe size is one size smaller in comparison to her. Still, when I look at my own feet I can really cry... clown shoes.

Weird.. does anyone else has this issue??

Hi Sasha,

So much of fashion is emphasizing what's good and downplaying what's not so good.

For me, I never wear flats. A foot angled downward looks much shorter than straight out. Even if it's a 2" heel, it's better than totally flat shoes.

Now if I could hide my hands? Do you know how big their hands are?

Love, Megan

• Forum Moderator

Hands and feet always bothered me. i always loved the winter so i could wear gloves. I'm getting used to my 'deformities' as i bump into cis women who have the same issues. I always chat and commiserate. We both get a laugh at ourselves. I wear a 13 women's but there are others with feet like mine. Low heels help but mostly i just have to accept that along with just a few other little(big) problems.

Hugs,

Charlie

Pssst... Platform stillettos, that's the game! My size eleven feet look tiny in them. I was 11W, but on hormones for so long, my feet have gotten slender enough for an eleven regular. One more trick; if the heals are hard to get into without pinching the toes, rub on some baby powder on your feet. they will slide right in comfortably and less wobbly snug fitting shoes, can help a graceful gait. Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

I'm sure they are great for you when you are doing demo dear Jody! No wonder you want one of those cushy office jobs where you can ease the doggies by sitting most of the day.

Hugs,

Charlie

Charlie, I look just awful in my mine boots and a dress suit! Big cushy chair and a nice big butt! What could be better? That and I want pictures of all my friends here, on the walls of my cubical. Giggle. JodyAnn

Guest Sascha

Hands and feet always bothered me. i always loved the winter so i could wear gloves. I'm getting used to my 'deformities' as i bump into cis women who have the same issues. I always chat and commiserate. We both get a laugh at ourselves. I wear a 13 women's but there are others with feet like mine. Low heels help but mostly i just have to accept that along with just a few other little(big) problems.

Hugs,

Charlie

I'm also glad when it's winter so I can hide my bald spots on the front of my head with a woolen hat. :(

Guest Sascha

Pssst... Platform stillettos, that's the game! My size eleven feet look tiny in them. I was 11W, but on hormones for so long, my feet have gotten slender enough for an eleven regular. One more trick; if the heals are hard to get into without pinching the toes, rub on some baby powder on your feet. they will slide right in comfortably and less wobbly snug fitting shoes, can help a graceful gait. Hug. JodyAnn

That's a nice idea, only drawback: make me look taller.

• Forum Moderator

Must be better than wooden shoes ,however. Sorry but i couldn't help but mention that to a little dutch girl.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Sascha

Must be better than wooden shoes ,however. Sorry but i couldn't help but mention that to a little dutch girl.

Hugs,

Charlie

:lol: It would be great if everyone would walk on them, since they are gigantic for everyone! :)

Guest Sarah Faith

Hey Sascha, I'm a 9 1/2 but sometimes I go with a 10 if its more comfortable. Honestly a 10 isn't really that uncommon of a shoe size for a woman, it's a little larger than average but from what I've seen almost every shoe out there is made in a size 10.

When you look at your feet and you see "clown shoes" that's just a distorted self perception. I used to do the same thing, I was so deluded into thinking I had big feet that I wore size 12s (in a mans) and could never figure out why I always got blisters on my feet! In truth my feet are pretty tiny compared to most of my male friends. I used to get so depressed over the fact that a size 13/14 in a womens has such a limited selection of pretty shoes from most places. Fortunately I eventually measured my feet and realized they were way smaller than I thought!

Just looked at one of the better online shoe stores, looking at Pumps alone the difference in selection between a size 10 and a Size 14 for example.. is.. 2344 for a Size 10, and 28 for a size 14.. That's 2316 less options!

So yeah as you can see there is enough demand for size 10s that you have a huge selection, that realization was a huge help for me! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicole9

Hi girlz,

Sorry to gloat but im a 8- 9 1/2, with hands smaller than most cis girls and been referred to on several occasions as 'chicken wrists'. But im 6" 1' and have the shoulders of a swimmer (massive), it seems we all get gypped in one department but blessed in another Que Sara Sara i guess :) But the point being i used to work in a shoe store and was astonished by the number of women with size 10 + feet. The funny point however was how much that size would change depending on the sale.

Guest Billie De

Ohh What I would give to ba a size 10 foot.. Size 13 here and Like Sarah Said. Style seems to be relative to foot size. It seems the Larger the size that's available the uglier the shoes get.. For the life of me I can't figure out why a Girl with size 13s would want a Big Giant Flower on the front. Makes my feet look like a hobbit on steroids.

I'm not sure how the men's/women's sizes run, but I wear a size 6 1/2 wide mens, how does that translate to women's?

Also, I absolutely can not wear heels, I almost broke my neck the last time I tried, so it's nothing but flats for me.

Thank you for the advice, Megan, I will try that, Walking in heels is a heel to toe thing isn't it? That may be my problem, I am a toe only type of person. It is from all those years hunting and tracking. I guess I'll just have to retrain myself.

Guest Sarah Faith

Thank you for the advice, Megan, I will try that, Walking in heels is a heel to toe thing isn't it? That may be my problem, I am a toe only type of person. It is from all those years hunting and tracking. I guess I'll just have to retrain myself.

Well, it depends on the shoe, that is why you should start with a smaller heel. The smaller the heel the more range of motion your foot will have. When you get up to 4 and 5 inch heels though your feet are pretty much put into a set position and you more or less will walk how they make you walk, and if your not used to heels at all you can really hurt your self. I started out with a 3" wedged boot that goes really well with the jeans I usually wear, and moved on from there. It didn't really take very long to get the hang of it. :)

Guest Jamie_cd

I wear a size 12 in men's shoes. So I can relate to the OP in regards to feeling like having clown feet. However I've found that wearing boot cut jeans will sort of hide the fact that my feet a little large for a girl.

Actually, the best practice for heels is walking tip-toe. If you land with the weight on the forward parts of your feet instead of that spike in back, it's a more stable platform. Of course the whole feminine posture comes into play, and that includes the heel-to-toe foot alignment. It takes practice, but feels so right once you find the groove! Best of luck!

Love, Megan

For the last few weeks, I've had vertigo so bad that I've had to resort to a cane for balance. Galumphing along with a man-walk would be just as easy, perhaps - just not going to that extreme!

Guest Gypsyfeenix

I'm getting used to my 'deformities' as i bump into cis women who have the same issues.

GAH!

I hate that term!!!

You have no idea how many times hearing something like that has set me off on a Class A rant - poor Shi gets to sit and listen to it, lol.

Not ONE OF US is "deformed". The only standard is the lack of uniformity of real women - not these underfed, botox-engineered, size 0 mutants that kill themselves to support the fallacy of "perfection" that society has imposed on all of us women - regardless of the prefix you use.

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. ALL of us. Every last bloody one of us.

I swear to whatever god happens to be listening - the next person I hear using a derogatory term like this, I'll find you, pounce on you and tickle you until you pee yourself. I mean that. I'm good at it. Seriously.

*sigh*.. Okay, I'm done.

:D

Shoe sizes be damned (mods, edit me if I can't say that). Wear what makes you feel sensual, capable, productive, feminine, whatever. Just do what is good for you and let the rest of the world take care of itself. :)

*MASSIVE HUGGLES!!!*

Guest Xeriis

I've always worn a size 10 men's my entire life. After measuring I found out I am actually a size 9 women's, although that never fits as I have fairly wide feet. I have one pair of wedges that are much easier to walk in, but I'd have to say my favorite shoes (and most comfortable) are a pair of Rockport 10W Janae black leather ankle boot (they go up a couple inches past my ankle) and have a 4" heel with 1" platform (they have a high heel heel, not a wide boot heel). The enclosed shoe offers a lot more support (especially around my ankle) and are by far the most comfortable. I looked for a long time and at many stores in the month before Christmas to look for a place with cute shoes that fit wide feet comfortably. Sadly they no longer have the boots, but after trying on a couple dozen different brands this is definitely a favorite (they make shoes in W and up to size 11), but I'm always open to try many others. My next shoe purchase will probably be a pair of heels from there, if the heels are just as comfortable (as I imagine they probably are), then I will be oh so happy.

So I guess what I"m saying is I learned to walk (even if I still kinda suck at it) in a 4" wedge, then a 4" platform ankle boot with a real heel and it's made being able to walk in normal heels much easier (although after like 5-15 minutes they definitely hurt my feet. With the boots its 1-2 hours before this begins to occur lol). I also watched a few youtube videos and a couple runway shows to kind of learn the proper way to walk.

It's too bad about your neck mara13

Thanks for the support and advice everyone, and Xeriis, I did say ALMOST, my sister was there to catch my fall before anything happened. Of course that event was what caused my to come to a full realization of who and what I am. to this day no one in my family, not even my sister, knows just what effect that little bet had on me.

Guest Sarah Faith

I'm getting used to my 'deformities' as i bump into cis women who have the same issues.

GAH!

I hate that term!!!

You have no idea how many times hearing something like that has set me off on a Class A rant - poor Shi gets to sit and listen to it, lol.

Not ONE OF US is "deformed". The only standard is the lack of uniformity of real women - not these underfed, botox-engineered, size 0 mutants that kill themselves to support the fallacy of "perfection" that society has imposed on all of us women - regardless of the prefix you use.

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. ALL of us. Every last bloody one of us.

I swear to whatever god happens to be listening - the next person I hear using a derogatory term like this, I'll find you, pounce on you and tickle you until you pee yourself. I mean that. I'm good at it. Seriously.

*sigh*.. Okay, I'm done.

:D

Shoe sizes be damned (mods, edit me if I can't say that). Wear what makes you feel sensual, capable, productive, feminine, whatever. Just do what is good for you and let the rest of the world take care of itself. :)

*MASSIVE HUGGLES!!!*

Hon, that post is just AWESOME! :) I agree completely, the image that is pumped into our heads as to what is "beautiful" by the media is unrealistic and borderline abusive. Every woman should feel empowered and beautiful by being her self and with out having to conform to some image on the cover of a magazine.

Biiig Hugs,

Sarah

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Thanks for the support and advice everyone, and Xeriis, I did say ALMOST, my sister was there to catch my fall before anything happened. Of course that event was what caused my to come to a full realization of who and what I am. to this day no one in my family, not even my sister, knows just what effect that little bet had on me.

Isn't it wonderful how some of the smallest things make the biggest impact on our lives?

*smile*

My normal blahblahblah :P

Hon, that post is just AWESOME! :) I agree completely, the image that is pumped into our heads as to what is "beautiful" by the media is unrealistic and borderline abusive. Every woman should feel empowered and beautiful by being her self and with out having to conform to some image on the cover of a magazine.

Biiig Hugs,

Sarah

I KNOW!!!!

It angers and frustrates me that we all have this stupid stereotype in our heads, and if we fall short, we persecute ourselves until we do actual physical damage. My heart breaks when I see someone who is beautiful inside and out beat themselves to death because they don't fit that "type".

I'm sitting here with our little bird next to me - she's leaning on my left arm so if I type crooked, you know why ;)

I tell her every day how beautiful she and how awesome and amazing I think she is. I hope to the gods that she hears me because it all starts there. She needs to know that she is an incredible little creation that makes my life better and the lives of everyone around her better. It's important that she knows it so that she can tell her little ones later on down the path.

If I had my way, every one of us would have homework to do before we go to bed. I'd make all of us find one little thing to embrace about ourselves that we actually liked....REALLY liked and own it. It's OURS, and no one, not the media, retailers, society or the people that have the privilege of being in our lives have the right to take away.

If you have a size ten shoe, you get to take bigger steps :)

If you have smaller breasts, then it doesn't hurt so much when you run.

If you have smaller hips, you get to pull off those hiphugger jeans ( I never could! *smile*)

If you have a thicker waist, then you won't be pushed aside so easily.

If you have bigger hands then you get to hold more of the person you love, and maybe hold that hand out for someone who isn't as strong as you will be.

These are just the surface things. These things do not matter when you look in the mirror and see the beautiful creation staring back at you. You ARE all beautiful - truly a snowflake behind every keyboard. I believe it. We all walk the same path, just the specifics are different. I wish I was prettier. I wish I had slim hips and a small waist. I wish my breasts were smaller. I wish I could take bigger steps. I wish I could be better than I am right now.

But someone loves me. I don't know why, but they do. I'm pretty sure they don't really care what size shoe I wear.

Sorry...got a bit emotional there. I see so many incredible people here questioning their worth, and my heart breaks for us all. We are so much better than that...

Guest BeccaC

Depending on the shoe I'm in a 12 or 13 womens... A pump I have to go with a 13, but open toed or strappy type shoes I can easily get by with a 12... I'm fairly tall though(6ft), and have pretty long legs (34in inseam in guy jeans) so with a 3in heel and a nice skirt I have gotten to where I don't think of Ronald McDonald when I see my feet... Like someone else said I have issues with my hands... I have to wear guys XL gloves, and with turning wrenches for , cough, cough, cough....20+ years they are pretty beat up looking.. Once I get comfortable in a place though, those self image "flaw"s I see in myself quickly dissipate ... We just have to eventually get to a place in our head where we are comfortable in our own skin, and to heck with how others perceive us...

Beside...Nobody is the same, we are all unique... Just like everyone else hehe..

Guest Kaylee234

Beside...Nobody is the same, we are all unique... Just like everyone else hehe..

I see what you did there.. and you're absolutely correct.

~ Kay