• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

iPhone apps

Guest sonmi-451

Guest sonmi-451

What iPhone apps have others found useful?

I have been looking for something that would allow me to tweak my voice in realtime while making a phone call but have not yet found such an appl.

One that I have used often to find out what frequency I am speaking or singing in is:

insTuner

--

• 4 weeks later...

I just learned of a new ap for the iPhone or iPad today from my speech therapist from the University of Missouri. It's called Pitch Analyzer and we were using it today on my iPad. It cost a $1.95. They are having me speak in an average range of F3 to G3 which is with in the female voice range of around a 190 htz. One voice program that I used recommended A3 or 220 Htz which is a tad too high for me. In time, they figure I would develop vocal cord nodules if I went with A3.

I to recomend this iPad app, Pitch Analyzer, it's great. Kathryn

Kathryn, I downloaded the ap. It allows you to look at the screen to seen the pitch while you are talking but the settings and controls are limited, correct? No playback of either voice or the notes that reflect your voice during analysis. One must be looking at the screen while talking?

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle

It is pretty simplistic, but it does help with feedback on your voice as you speak. We actually find it very helpful during voice therapy sessions. I see a speech therapist twice a week and found out this week that my voice has been really noticed at work. I learned about the comments going around about my voice change this past Friday.

I've had about 22 hours of speech therapy at the Hearing and Speech Clinic at the University of Missouri so far and I met with the Supervising Professor just before spring break. She told me that tapes of my therapy sessions will be used to teach speech pathology students. Many of the technics that I am learning also apply to other speech pathologies as well as learning to change our voice to a more feminine one. Kathryn