• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good Things In Life

Guest Zabrak

Guest Elizabeth K
As a good friend of mine ,who has had a kidney transplant, says, "Any day above ground is a good one." And he means that. I am going to try to take that approach - it makes you marvel at everyday things like you are seeing them for the first time. You don't stop to smell the roses, you examine them and notice the delicate shape of each petal and how they unfold, how the are attached to the stem and even the shape of the thorns - life is beautiful if you choice to see it.

Sally

Now THERE'S the poetry!

Liz

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• MaryEllen

• Paula ult

Guest Amanda L Richards

Hey, Zabrak!

Great topic, one can never have too many nice things to say, especially about one's self. THis is wonderful topic. How can you love others, when you don't even love yourself? There is something to be said about that love your neighbors as you would love yourself.

The m more you love yourself, the more you will love others and find beauty in the world.

This leads me to the subject of your topic. The most wonderful thing that has happened to me was not just in the last little while, but in my entire life, and that was being honest with myself and accepting of who I am.

I am learning new things about myself and what kind of person I really am. It is a wonderful feeling to come to know yourself?

Luv

Amanda LR

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my...this is getting serious now..................

OK....

How could I not mention the wonderfuly sweet, caring, loving friends that I have made here at Laura's?

Since I've really discovered myself and acept myself the world is brand new to me again..like when a puppy sees it's first bird or sees itself in a mirror...All my amazing friends here have enriched my life so much..

And that is the ABSOULUTE best thing that has happened to me in ages!

AHhhhhhhh...that felt good!

Happy Donna Jean

Lol

I seem to enjoy changes in avatars often. At some point Ill stop changing them but they amuse me. Give me a excuse to open up my photoshop and resize picture.

Hmm...And I'm getting 100$ from my school today. :P

Guest Jackson
As a good friend of mine ,who has had a kidney transplant, says, "Any day above ground is a good one." And he means that. I am going to try to take that approach - it makes you marvel at everyday things like you are seeing them for the first time. You don't stop to smell the roses, you examine them and notice the delicate shape of each petal and how they unfold, how the are attached to the stem and even the shape of the thorns - life is beautiful if you choice to see it.

Sally

I hear ya, Sally.

Today, here in Cheeseland, it's cold (20 degrees) and a stiff wind, but it's sunny. One day last week I was driving into work and it was so cool. There had been a fog overnight and everything had been coated in frost. The sky was a clear deep blue. I would have loved to call in sick to work and go to one of the county parks and take some photos, but I couldn't.

I've got the day off today. Squirt and I shared a large french fry from Culver's (If you don't have a Culver's near you and you've never had their fries, I feel bad for ya.)

Yep, it's a good day to be above ground.

Ok!

I woke up with bedhead today and decided to throw on a shirt(well..two!) and take a picture. I think I'm content with my avatar now. Trying to come up with my own style. B) Eehehe...

Zabrak,

Are you up on mythology?

Does the name Narcissus strike a familiar tone?

I'm glad that you enjoy playing with the avatars.

You are looking good.

Love ya,

Sally

I just googled it(google is a tech nerds god. Its called googlisum).

First thing that it me: LOL Gosh darned straight!

I'm bored - no school till wednesday - so I think I'll go find and read that whole story.

Guest Felicia Anne
Ok!

I woke up with bedhead today and decided to throw on a shirt(well..two!) and take a picture. I think I'm content with my avatar now. Trying to come up with my own style. B) Eehehe...

um... i kinda think you look good with the bed head look... it's kinda hot...

(blushing now)

When I first saw this topic I didn't have anything to say. But recently I found a few bras that I really liked and today my S/O talked me into calling in sick. It's warm here in NYC 49 F. I went out for a long bicycle ride. The first time I've been in a while.

I was also able to arrange for the time off to do the Montauk century on May 17 We are also planing to go up to the Poconos a place named the Rainbow. They are having a TG week that same week . We thought It might be fun.

doodle

um... i kinda think you look good with the bed head look... it's kinda hot...

(blushing now)

heh.

Thanks. ;)

I hope we get to see some pictures of you one day! Unless you do have some and I just missed them.

I GOT TO SEE HOUSE!!!!!!!!! .............. :blush: ...sorry, with my job that's a pretty big deal......and i just love house B)

awesome! :D I got to see it too. Which, given my jobless status (a few more weeks... I hope...) isn't really a big deal, but I did miss out on it last week and haven't caught up yet. And I love your lowest quote.

I just googled it(google is a tech nerds god. Its called googlisum).

First thing that it me: LOL Gosh darned straight!

I'm bored - no school till wednesday - so I think I'll go find and read that whole story.

I just found out that I have gotten someone interested in Greek Mythology, next Roman and Norse Mythology.

Zabrak, Norse Mythology will explain a lot about the basis for the characters in the Mighty Thor comic books, from the mighty halls a Asgar!

Love ya,

Sally

I just found out that I have gotten someone interested in Greek Mythology, next Roman and Norse Mythology.

Zabrak, Norse Mythology will explain a lot about the basis for the characters in the Mighty Thor comic books, from the mighty halls a Asgar!

Love ya,

Sally

Yeah, I talked more about getting into mythology with a friend. I need a good site to get some or go to my local library.

He said roman is a good one, too. I need a starting point though so I have to choose which first. :lol:

Guest Kelly Ann

For the Roman stuff it's all collected in The Odyssey and The Iliad...Achilles, The Wooden Horse of Troy, Ullyssus, Medusa, Jason and the Argonauts...be fore-warned it's really long and intensely interesting once you become accustomed to the writing style. They are attributed to Homer but there are numerous thoughts as to how they actually came to be.

For me yesterday...bought a new dress...LOL...it's a trifle short :blush: but it makes my legs look good. Nice picture with the 'cupcakes' Zabrak have you been hangin' with Jackson of late? LOL...It's the same look