• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kryolan Range

Guest Sarah Miller

Guest Sarah Miller

Hi girls, has anyone had any experience with the Kryolan Range of ultrafoundations or concealers? I hear they are good for correcting colour as they are primarily used for stage make up.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience and what may be a suitable shade for correcting 5 o'clock shadow that is left over even after the most vigourous and close shave.

xxo ciao Sarah-Jane

• Admin

I have not had experience with that particular brand, but it could be fine. I am a little concerned that it could be too heavy, and the number of colors it is advertised in has me a bit boggled at the idea of determining what color really to use. I use Derma Blend, which has the advantage of stores I can go into that carry it. (Most theatrical make-ups have a limited number of outlets, I live near Hollywood CA, and have trouble finding stores for it.) For any foundation you need to match your own general complexion pretty close, and it will change a bit throughout the year.

An easy trick to use for your beard cover is a lipstick in a brick yellow/orange shade. Make one or two heavy lines on your beard area, and then smooth it out with your finger tips into the whole beard area. Use a normal concealer over the top of it, as you do your under eye areas, and then put your foundation over the whole face. On top of the foundation, use a blush over the beard area as well as the cheek bones, brush in with light, but brisk strokes to feather it into the area and not look like a clowns dark spots.