• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest otter-girl

Eyeliner

Guest otter-girl

Hi.

Ive been practicing my makeup again.....

You shall not become a Jedi until you can master your eyeliner!

The weapon...

L'Oreal superliner perfect slim.

Its loads better than pencils and brushes as its got a fine tapering felt tip. A real dark sabre.

Ok so a workgirl cant blame her tools but Im sure destroying the death star is so much easier.

Loads more practice needed in the swamp. Yoda...Yoda... where are you!!!!

Hugs

Rachel

Guest Xeriis

This put a smile on my face :Crylol:

I have been wanting to buy some make-up, but have not been overly sure on what I want to get. For now I can only imagine how much practice I'll really need, but I'm sure it's a lot!

Best of luck to you, I hope you find your Yoda and I hope I find one too! :D

Carolyn Marie

Rachel, I'm glad you found something that works for you. it really is hard finding just the right products. I went from pencils, to liquid, and now I'm back to a felt tip pencil thingy. In a way I'm glad I don't have eyelashes worth bothering with. One less tool required in my tool box.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest crissy_oakley

As it was explained to me last night, by my friend Bri, "...there is not mistake when using eyeliner that can't be solved by adding more eyeliner....".

Hi Rachel,

I use the oldest fashioned lead pencils. Keep thinking that there's some more modern thing out there, but why argue with success (Or wearing dark glasses all the time)?

Love, Megan

Guest Kaylee234

This put a smile on my face :Crylol:

I have been wanting to buy some make-up, but have not been overly sure on what I want to get. For now I can only imagine how much practice I'll really need, but I'm sure it's a lot!

Best of luck to you, I hope you find your Yoda and I hope I find one too! :D

If you watch for sales at department stores, you can find great deals on makeup palettes. I found one by ELF at Target a while back for like $10. has around 40 colors of pressed powder, blush, bronzer, lip stuff, etc. Not really high end cosmetics, but great for experimenting around the house. You'll want to get a set of brushes. Amazon carries tons of sets on the cheap, just know you won't be getting MAC quality. But hey, they're your experimenting brushes. Grab a couple mascaras you think you'll like, some lip/eye pencils, lipstick, eyeliner. It doesn't have to be expensive, it's your experimenting stuff. Then just go to town trying different ways of making yourself up to see what you think looks good on you. It's really all about practice and experimentation. The sooner you start, the sooner you get good at it.

As it was explained to me last night, by my friend Bri, "...there is not mistake when using eyeliner that can't be solved by adding more eyeliner....".

To an extent, sure. But there is definitely a point where you've gone too far. :D

~ Kay

Guest *Natalie*

I use Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye liner. A little bit expensive but worth it. Its very soft and easy to use. it also last a long time.

VickySGV

I gave up on eyeliner 9 months ago and quit using it. More people are giving me compliments on my eye makeup than ever before!! :banghead::hairpull:

Yesterday, I tried something new.

Putting on lipstick while driving has been mastered, only using a mirror afterwards. But I was late for an appointment, and that look in the mirror told me that my eye makeup needed help. Something about bounding down the road with a sharp object near my eye didn't seem wise. But, two stoplights later, my eyeliner looked perfect!

It's not that hard, only takes a bit of practice!

Love, Megan

Guest sophia.gentry58

I'll have to try that product "L'Oreal superliner perfect slim". I think I have found my Yoda! My new found friend (co-worker) in whom I came out to yesterday. We've talked about going shopping together to buy girlie things so I'm hoping she will help teach me how to buy the right makeup and apply properly to my face.

Sophia

Guest Sarah Faith

I have several eyeliners I've tried and use. But I've found that I like Sephora's eyeliners quite a bit, retractable pencils are really easy to use and apply, but I like using a angled brush with some cream eyeliner since I have the eye shape for wings at the corners. :)

I have found that I really really despise liquid eyeliner, it's such a pain!

Guest otter-girl

Hi.

Bit of an eyeliner update. A woman has the divine right to change her mind. After lots of experimenting.Im abandoning eyeliner as Ive found I get best results with just eyeshadow. I might be 18 on the inside but alas Im 48 on the outside. Ive found 3 tones of eyeshadow with a thin layer of the darkest tone blended into just above the top eyelash line and shaped for my eye type works real nice. Finishing with mascara only.

Hugs and happy experimenting,

Rachel

VickySGV

I also use a three color eye shadow palette, Lightest color on the upper part above the crease to the brow, middle shade on the eyelid itself, and then the darkest on the crease with a thin line by the nose and wider at the outer corner of the eye. Then I do use mascara, but maybe not always. Depends on whether it is going to be ordinary daily, or glam evening. I use a powder type eyebrow color applied with a flat brush that I turn ninety degrees as I go from nose to eyecorner. Wide edge parallel to the nose, and then flat at the outside edge, gives a wide line that tapers from nose to eye corner.

Guest Sarah Faith

Well having had a few months to improve with liner technique and nail down the style I like.. I have to take back what I said... Hate pencils, hate even the creme.. I'm totally back to using liquid eye liner now that I can actually do half way decent lines. The other two are just not precise enough at all for the liner look I like, so back to my urban decay liquid liner it is used it today and was wayyyyy happier.

Sarah

Guest Kaylee234

I've been looking at UD stuff recently. I like that a lot of their line is vegan. I may have to try out this liquid eyeliner since I hate the pencils too.

~ Kay

Guest Sarah Faith

I've been looking at UD stuff recently. I like that a lot of their line is vegan. I may have to try out this liquid eyeliner since I hate the pencils too.

~ Kay

Liquid liner is really good if your wanting really well defined lines, But when I started using liner I thought it was reallly hard to use because mistakes are really obvious with liquid liner.. Its definitely something to try and if you prefer a bolder look withyour liner like I do its really great! :)

Sarah

Guest NatashaJade

I use L'Oreal's version of Kohl eyeliner, artfully applied along my lower and upper tearline. It's the look I like :D

Charlize

I gave up on the lower lid. It never seemed right even though i had the help of a cis female. i use a light color below my brows and when i bother some blue shadow on my lids. my sister in law gave me a book called Color Me Beautiful which has some interesting advice on may topics as well as eye colors.

Its fun to play with what my mom used to call her warpaint.

Hugs,

Charlie

tracy_j

I generally use a really damp fine point paintbrush with powder shadow most of the time. Seems to work well and I have large choice of colours. I have used a felttip liner pen but always seem to get colour on my fingers - it is difficult to remove - otherwise I like it. I do use Kohl eyeliner occasionally but find it less precise.

I am intending to try liquid liner and noting Sarah's entry above will prioritise - it seems to be what I want.

Tracy x

tracy_j

Following on from my previous post, yesterday I bought some liquid eyeliner. Taking some risk I tried this morning before work. It was well tricky but I am pleased with the results. I can see it being a permanent addition to my makeup. Only other issue I found is that it seems somewhat difficult to remove but that may be partly due to the cleanser I use.

Tracy x

Carolyn Marie

I use liquid eyeliner once in a while, but now prefer gel pencils. It lasts and its easy to control the application.

I use Almay eyeliner removal pads, the ones with oil. They have oil free but it doesn't work as well.

Carolyn Marie

Guest meagan

Kohl liner in stone from Gosh. It is a very nice buttery pencil. My eyes are deep set and black liner just made them appear deeper set than really necessary, so I switched to a grey. It is softer and the look less heavy. I also do my liner before any shadow so as to aid in softening it even more and keeping things nice and tidy. I only do liner on the lower lash line if I am doing a smokey look. With a normal day time eye, liner on the bottom ages my eye, makes me appear tired or unhealthy and takes away from my eye appearing wider and full of vibrance and youth. Depending on my look, I may also use a brown liner from Lancome or a purple from either Nyx ( lighter) or Smashbox ( deeper, eggplant color).

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 243 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • A. Dillon
    • Kyler R.
    • Markjvp
    • Katharina
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Jeff
    Newest Member
    Jeff

1. -Kandy
      -Kandy
      (30 years old)
    2. Cecilia
      Cecilia
      (59 years old)
    3. Grahamgraham
      Grahamgraham
    4. Kiera
      Kiera
    5. Ulfra_Wolfe
      Ulfra_Wolfe
      (35 years old)
    • A. Dillon
      What I have noticed is that when you are in that in between, of not really wanting to be here but also not being able to let go, it can be incredibly stressful. You don't really want to talk to an adult about it, you are confident that you won't do anything so you don't want to alarm them and just add more stress. However, you do need to talk to someone, so you down play it and they give you some basic advice. You know that it doesn't help, so you get frustrated, but you know it is not their fault so you move on. You are in this middle ground, you don't see things getting better but things are not bad enough for someone to intervene, so you feel it would be better to just give up and leave. However, that does not fix anything. All thinking like that does is get you more stuck in the cycle, more afraid to try and get help. I try to coexist with all of it and slowly improve on the down low, and eventually find myself ok.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I admire your courage and agree that the information you have on your experiences can be invaluable to others who are not there yet. I myself would have a hard time doing this in front of an audience.  I'm still shy and a bundle of nerves during public speaking.  Something I have battled since high school.  
    • Jackie C.
      Yeah, you might need a little bit of a boost. I never hit "unable." At my lowest was, "Eh, maybe once or twice a week." Of course we'll see what's going on now once I've healed enough to even think along those lines again. For now... I've accidentally poked my incisions with a dilator. I am in no hurry to repeat the experience. Ow.   Hugs!
    • Sarahnr1
      WELL spoken Aidan (standing up and aplloud)   and im happy to read youre  doing  better again.  and reg anxiety  yes i hadent thoght of that Aidan but its also closely related to depression  actually  (and yes Severe on that one as well (sigh )       
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Dang it I hit submit before I was ready to.  LOL I was going to add that my arousal is at zero.  Nadda.  No morning events or even during erotic dreams.  Even if I try on my own its just non functional at this time.  I assumed this was a normal thing on HRT.  I suppose I need to ask about this when I go in again for an appointment.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I cant even call them boys anymore.  They are brats and troublemakers! Dang things got me in more trouble.   Mine go on a one way trip soon too and I can not wait.  Plus I can stop taking as much of the HRT meds afterwards which will be nice.
    • Sarahnr1
      Bipolar  is  whats  formely was  known as manic depression   and  what it does  is actually as you describe  you have  youre UP  perids  were lifes  is  all good  and then  you have youre DOWN  periods .and its not  uncommon to have both  Depression as well as  Bipolar   BUT only a cert  doc can make that diagnose  tho   Belive me i understand  better then you might  think Mark . and  i also understand  the  demands on you   are getting  higher  as  you grow  older .   NO Mark  we cant  im a living example  that you CAN  make it thru this rogh times       Again i understand  you Mark  and i know you whant  belive me  BUT  as the time  goes  by  and you manage to get thru this  rogh periods  youre  mental strainth   will also increase   and you will be  stronger then you were before  (how do you think im still around  with my crappy life  ?  )  I agree  mark and thats  WHY  you need to go and A   get  help for youre depression  and B  try to not   ask to much of youre self   (ie  LOWER youre own expectetaions on youre self  and accept  you can only do youre best)    C   GET youre self  OUT there   and look around  Mark   if youre not happy being a lone wolf  then you need to get out and  look  they arent  going to just stand  by youre door  and say hey !   ya know       Mark  when you have youre  Pm privigies  pm me  ANY time you whant  or need and we can talk about  whatever you want.Thats  just the depression talking   DONT listen to it   if i would have listend to all the crap coming at me  24 / 7   i would  have  left  this earth a long  time  ago     Mark  i have been talking to this so called  pro`s   since i was 4  and up to adult (now close to 50 )   age  and  you'd  be surprised to see  how  much that have  improved from my time  to now. (back in mu days they dident  know  diddly about any of my diagnosis  or problems BUT these days  they have learnt  plenty  . and the  only way you will find  out  if or how they gonna help you is  give them a chance   (wink)  +  when youre this far  down  you NEED  profetinal help TRUST me on this . (and like  in life in general theres  good as well as bad   so cold  profetinals  and if you feel one isent  working  ask for another one )  And last  its  not  they will help you  its  YOU and  with the  guidance of   them will together  find a solution.  And  also im not on any meds  either   for any of my diagnosis  so thats NO requirement.                
    • Aidan5
      My advice is basically just the retelling of everyone's wonderful and thoughtful comments. You have your life ahead of you and I know what it's like to be in that dark place, I was there just 2 weeks ago I think but something small made it all turn around and made me want to keep fighting. I had given up then and there I wouldn't be here where I stand today, that I am grateful for. Please hang on bud. This is anxiety, the fear of the unknown, but give it a little thought, university may be super cool and fun! Just give it a chance. When I was a freshman in high school I was terrified, and even now I am going to be moving schools so late in the school year. I will make the most of it and enjoy what life has brought me, you should try to do the same, friend :))  
    • Markjvp
      hey aidan i know this isn't related to this topic but check the new thing i posted on suicide prevention i felt very low yesterday i still feel it today its called why keep living?
    • Markjvp
      i know this cycle will continue for now at least while im in school and im expecting university to be super hard so why keep living? but again i cant kill myself... not yet and i know things im throwing away if i do it
    • Aidan5
      PFFT haha! Whoops!   Thnank you everyone for your kind regards as always!! ❤️   I do plan on keeping in touch, and try to rebuild a relationship with them, thankfully they are willing to help with moving me out.    I also apologize if I am not as active, for I will be busy with things for the move
    • Markjvp
      actually i think i dont have both because even when im super low it can disappear and ive never had mood swing before (if thats what bipolar disorder is) but i have suspected that i have depression because from time to time basically if im not distracted enough and if i start thinking negative things i will get sad maybe feel low    i know you probably understand how im feeling but i keep fighting and every year is kind of like a cycle at this point school gets harder i most likely pass the courses that i take and at home i just watch or play then at the weekends we go somewhere because we need to buy something but also each year i go through something like this at least once when im feeling super low and at least once in the year im so sad that im thinking of... you know... suicide. so we cant just give up? how my life is pretty much a cycle right now a loop theres things added to it like this site but i just dont want to keep living like this im like a wild animal being put in a cage but was fighting before but now giving in or I AM in the cage slowly giving up and i can probably describe my life a couple more ways. ive always wanted to be free and ive always been someone who tries there best at everything but whats the point of moving forward when i almost have no help i know "keep fighting" but again its getting harder and harder and i know the people here can only help so much but not as much as you being here physically for me...   i still cant kill my self not yet and ill probably keep doing what im doing even while sad but why keep living. yes i probably should get professional help but how are they going to help because i can most likely counter what they say "there's people that love me" that's just probably my mom and dad and i cant feel the love from my other parts of my family i dont know what else someone might say but thats how i can counter that. also im not taking any medications right now
    • Jackie C.
      Yeah, I had about a year of peace before they took my off HRT for surgery. There's probably something up with your T-levels. Your endo will take care of it if it doesn't settle down on its own.   Hugs!
    • KathyLauren
      Good for you for doing this!  Public speaking, though it can be terrifying, is a great confidence-builder.  ANd sharing your experiences will help others on their journeys.  Way to go!
    • DeeDee
      My one superpower is being able to calm babies down enough to go to sleep. Though it has always worked better on other people's than my own. 🥰 I do not miss projectile vomiting and green diarrhoea though! Congratulations on becoming a big sister Emily, and for finding a decent therapist to help explain things to your parents.
  • Upcoming Events