• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest otter-girl

Eyeliner

Guest otter-girl

Hi.

Ive been practicing my makeup again.....

You shall not become a Jedi until you can master your eyeliner!

The weapon...

L'Oreal superliner perfect slim.

Its loads better than pencils and brushes as its got a fine tapering felt tip. A real dark sabre.

Ok so a workgirl cant blame her tools but Im sure destroying the death star is so much easier.

Loads more practice needed in the swamp. Yoda...Yoda... where are you!!!!

Hugs

Rachel

Guest Xeriis

This put a smile on my face :Crylol:

I have been wanting to buy some make-up, but have not been overly sure on what I want to get. For now I can only imagine how much practice I'll really need, but I'm sure it's a lot!

Best of luck to you, I hope you find your Yoda and I hope I find one too! :D

Carolyn Marie

Rachel, I'm glad you found something that works for you. it really is hard finding just the right products. I went from pencils, to liquid, and now I'm back to a felt tip pencil thingy. In a way I'm glad I don't have eyelashes worth bothering with. One less tool required in my tool box.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest crissy_oakley

As it was explained to me last night, by my friend Bri, "...there is not mistake when using eyeliner that can't be solved by adding more eyeliner....".

Hi Rachel,

I use the oldest fashioned lead pencils. Keep thinking that there's some more modern thing out there, but why argue with success (Or wearing dark glasses all the time)?

Love, Megan

Guest Kaylee234

This put a smile on my face :Crylol:

I have been wanting to buy some make-up, but have not been overly sure on what I want to get. For now I can only imagine how much practice I'll really need, but I'm sure it's a lot!

Best of luck to you, I hope you find your Yoda and I hope I find one too! :D

If you watch for sales at department stores, you can find great deals on makeup palettes. I found one by ELF at Target a while back for like $10. has around 40 colors of pressed powder, blush, bronzer, lip stuff, etc. Not really high end cosmetics, but great for experimenting around the house. You'll want to get a set of brushes. Amazon carries tons of sets on the cheap, just know you won't be getting MAC quality. But hey, they're your experimenting brushes. Grab a couple mascaras you think you'll like, some lip/eye pencils, lipstick, eyeliner. It doesn't have to be expensive, it's your experimenting stuff. Then just go to town trying different ways of making yourself up to see what you think looks good on you. It's really all about practice and experimentation. The sooner you start, the sooner you get good at it.

As it was explained to me last night, by my friend Bri, "...there is not mistake when using eyeliner that can't be solved by adding more eyeliner....".

To an extent, sure. But there is definitely a point where you've gone too far. :D

~ Kay

Guest *Natalie*

I use Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye liner. A little bit expensive but worth it. Its very soft and easy to use. it also last a long time.

VickySGV

I gave up on eyeliner 9 months ago and quit using it. More people are giving me compliments on my eye makeup than ever before!! :banghead::hairpull:

Yesterday, I tried something new.

Putting on lipstick while driving has been mastered, only using a mirror afterwards. But I was late for an appointment, and that look in the mirror told me that my eye makeup needed help. Something about bounding down the road with a sharp object near my eye didn't seem wise. But, two stoplights later, my eyeliner looked perfect!

It's not that hard, only takes a bit of practice!

Love, Megan

Guest sophia.gentry58

I'll have to try that product "L'Oreal superliner perfect slim". I think I have found my Yoda! My new found friend (co-worker) in whom I came out to yesterday. We've talked about going shopping together to buy girlie things so I'm hoping she will help teach me how to buy the right makeup and apply properly to my face.

Sophia

Guest Sarah Faith

I have several eyeliners I've tried and use. But I've found that I like Sephora's eyeliners quite a bit, retractable pencils are really easy to use and apply, but I like using a angled brush with some cream eyeliner since I have the eye shape for wings at the corners. :)

I have found that I really really despise liquid eyeliner, it's such a pain!

Guest otter-girl

Hi.

Bit of an eyeliner update. A woman has the divine right to change her mind. After lots of experimenting.Im abandoning eyeliner as Ive found I get best results with just eyeshadow. I might be 18 on the inside but alas Im 48 on the outside. Ive found 3 tones of eyeshadow with a thin layer of the darkest tone blended into just above the top eyelash line and shaped for my eye type works real nice. Finishing with mascara only.

Hugs and happy experimenting,

Rachel

VickySGV

I also use a three color eye shadow palette, Lightest color on the upper part above the crease to the brow, middle shade on the eyelid itself, and then the darkest on the crease with a thin line by the nose and wider at the outer corner of the eye. Then I do use mascara, but maybe not always. Depends on whether it is going to be ordinary daily, or glam evening. I use a powder type eyebrow color applied with a flat brush that I turn ninety degrees as I go from nose to eyecorner. Wide edge parallel to the nose, and then flat at the outside edge, gives a wide line that tapers from nose to eye corner.

Guest Sarah Faith

Well having had a few months to improve with liner technique and nail down the style I like.. I have to take back what I said... Hate pencils, hate even the creme.. I'm totally back to using liquid eye liner now that I can actually do half way decent lines. The other two are just not precise enough at all for the liner look I like, so back to my urban decay liquid liner it is used it today and was wayyyyy happier.

Sarah

Guest Kaylee234

I've been looking at UD stuff recently. I like that a lot of their line is vegan. I may have to try out this liquid eyeliner since I hate the pencils too.

~ Kay

Guest Sarah Faith

I've been looking at UD stuff recently. I like that a lot of their line is vegan. I may have to try out this liquid eyeliner since I hate the pencils too.

~ Kay

Liquid liner is really good if your wanting really well defined lines, But when I started using liner I thought it was reallly hard to use because mistakes are really obvious with liquid liner.. Its definitely something to try and if you prefer a bolder look withyour liner like I do its really great! :)

Sarah

Guest NatashaJade

I use L'Oreal's version of Kohl eyeliner, artfully applied along my lower and upper tearline. It's the look I like :D

Charlize

I gave up on the lower lid. It never seemed right even though i had the help of a cis female. i use a light color below my brows and when i bother some blue shadow on my lids. my sister in law gave me a book called Color Me Beautiful which has some interesting advice on may topics as well as eye colors.

Its fun to play with what my mom used to call her warpaint.

Hugs,

Charlie

tracy_j

I generally use a really damp fine point paintbrush with powder shadow most of the time. Seems to work well and I have large choice of colours. I have used a felttip liner pen but always seem to get colour on my fingers - it is difficult to remove - otherwise I like it. I do use Kohl eyeliner occasionally but find it less precise.

I am intending to try liquid liner and noting Sarah's entry above will prioritise - it seems to be what I want.

Tracy x

tracy_j

Following on from my previous post, yesterday I bought some liquid eyeliner. Taking some risk I tried this morning before work. It was well tricky but I am pleased with the results. I can see it being a permanent addition to my makeup. Only other issue I found is that it seems somewhat difficult to remove but that may be partly due to the cleanser I use.

Tracy x

Carolyn Marie

I use liquid eyeliner once in a while, but now prefer gel pencils. It lasts and its easy to control the application.

I use Almay eyeliner removal pads, the ones with oil. They have oil free but it doesn't work as well.

Carolyn Marie

Guest meagan

Kohl liner in stone from Gosh. It is a very nice buttery pencil. My eyes are deep set and black liner just made them appear deeper set than really necessary, so I switched to a grey. It is softer and the look less heavy. I also do my liner before any shadow so as to aid in softening it even more and keeping things nice and tidy. I only do liner on the lower lash line if I am doing a smokey look. With a normal day time eye, liner on the bottom ages my eye, makes me appear tired or unhealthy and takes away from my eye appearing wider and full of vibrance and youth. Depending on my look, I may also use a brown liner from Lancome or a purple from either Nyx ( lighter) or Smashbox ( deeper, eggplant color).