• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kathe Perez's EVA | Breathe app

Guest Kaylee234

Guest Kaylee234

I purchased the two Kathe Perez EVA apps a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else had bought them and had any success with them.

I have high hopes for these apps, since Kathe seems to be held in high regard in the voice therapy community. However, I have been having a difficult time getting the app to work for me.

The app itself works fine, it's the exercises that I can't figure out. I've tried many many times but my results are always 0%. I've even emailed the app's support but have gotten no response.

Has anyone used this app successfully? It's driving me crazy that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

~ Kay

Guest chibi_usa

I purchased the two Kathe Perez EVA apps a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else had bought them and had any success with them.

I have high hopes for these apps, since Kathe seems to be held in high regard in the voice therapy community. However, I have been having a difficult time getting the app to work for me.

The app itself works fine, it's the exercises that I can't figure out. I've tried many many times but my results are always 0%. I've even emailed the app's support but have gotten no response.

Has anyone used this app successfully? It's driving me crazy that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

~ Kay

Do you happen to know how to jailbreak? If you could, it would be nice if you could jailbreak and upload them for us to download, that way we can all test it out. My friends studying to be a developer. So I'm guessing if I can't figure it out I can send it to him?

Guest Jenn348

Matching a pitch can be difficult. Do you have any musical training?

You might also try getting a piano app and a tuner app. Play a note on the piano app, match it a few times, then move over to the tuner app to see how you are doing.

Guest Kaylee234

Do you happen to know how to jailbreak? If you could, it would be nice if you could jailbreak and upload them for us to download, that way we can all test it out. My friends studying to be a developer. So I'm guessing if I can't figure it out I can send it to him?

Yes I know how to jailbreak. No, I won't help you steal from a developer. When your friend becomes a developer, will he be ok with people stealing his product instead of paying for it?

For goodness sake, it only costs $5. How can you possibly say that that's unaffordable?

~ Kay

Guest Kaylee234

You might also try getting a piano app and a tuner app. Play a note on the piano app, match it a few times, then move over to the tuner app to see how you are doing.

Thank you for your reply, Jenn. The EVA | Breathe app doesn't cover pitch, it's designed to focus on breath control and is meant to precede the EVA | Pitch app.

Here's the link for more information : http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/eva-breathe/

~ Kay

Guest Jenn348

Thank you for your reply, Jenn. The EVA | Breathe app doesn't cover pitch, it's designed to focus on breath control and is meant to precede the EVA | Pitch app.

Here's the link for more information : http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/eva-breathe/

~ Kay

Ahh.

I'm not sure how an app can tell you whether you're breathing correctly or not. I've had other apps like the Zippo lighter that claim to be able to hear you blow on them, but they only work so so.

It sounds to me like these apps wouldn't do much alone without voice coaching from her or the 30 or 90 day courses.

Hi Kaylee

I've used Kathy Perez's CD Rom's for over a year and she is quite talented. Then I hit a brick wall with my voice and my voice was becoming strained. Kathy shoots for an A-3 pitch 220 HTZ which is in the middle of the female range and it was straining my vocal chords. A better vocal range for me was E3 to G3 which is 165 Htz to 190 HTZ.. A3 was in my range, but using it a lot was too much for my vocal chords.

I've spent the spring semester working with a vocal therapist at the University that I work at and it has worked out better for me. If you are using an iPad, their is an app called Virtuoso that has a piano keyboard with the keys lettered on the keys. Pitch Analyzer is another app that my speech therapists used to analyze the pitch I was speaking at. These are the two apps that we used in all of my sessions and they are easy to use and pretty decent for voice lessons. Kathryn

Guest chibi_usa

Yes I know how to jailbreak. No, I won't help you steal from a developer. When your friend becomes a developer, will he be ok with people stealing his product instead of paying for it?

For goodness sake, it only costs $5. How can you possibly say that that's unaffordable?

~ Kay

If they jailbreak it, it's good advertisement. ;D. For example powerups. If a person jailbreak inapp purchases then they advertise to others all the powerups from people that refuse to buy the powerups. However, if they see another person using it and they like what they see. Most likely they'll buy it. (That's why angry birds didn't protect their inapp purchases. ;P

And 5$ Because I don't have a credit card. Gift card only comes in 10$.

Guest Kaylee234

If they jailbreak it, it's good advertisement. ;D. For example powerups. If a person jailbreak inapp purchases then they advertise to others all the powerups from people that refuse to buy the powerups. However, if they see another person using it and they like what they see. Most likely they'll buy it. (That's why angry birds didn't protect their inapp purchases. ;P

And 5$ Because I don't have a credit card. Gift card only comes in 10$.

Stealing is stealing, however you attempt to justify it.

I don't have a credit card either. Haven't used one in years.

~ Kay

Guest Sarah Faith

Congress passed legislation that explicitly states that smart phone users have the right to jailbreak their phones. What they did not authorize was pirating apps and software which are protected by copyright law. Jailbreaking an app for the purposes of distribution is illegal, such a conversation is skirting very close to violating forum rules if it hasn't already.

17). Users are prohibited from starting or participating in any discussion that aids, encourages, details, abets or facilitates illegal activity of any kind.

Please do not encourage members to distribute software that they have paid for, unless the software terms of services explicitly allows for it, then it is illegal.

• Root Admin

As this topic is degenerating into the pros and cons of encouraging software piracy with is SO against our rules as well as illegal, this topic is now locked. Are you trying to get the forums closed down?