• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest otter-girl

New personal best

Guest otter-girl

Hi,

Got my make up routine down to 30 mins.

From wash face to the lippy.

Yay! lol.

Hugs

Rachel

Guest Billie De

Grats.. I thought I was he only one that timed myself. I always try to do my Makeup and Hair in less then an hour. :thumbsup:

30 minutes! :welldone:

Wow, you must be on Turbo mode.lol

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

mara13

Multiply your results by say, 100, and you come close to my best time, and I still fudge it up. I look like an steam punk raccoon when I'm done. You did well, now how about coming up to my area and showing me how you do it! ;)

Guest Guest_

You now qualify to work at Indianapolis 500. That is super. Amber L.

I do the daily fire drill in about twenty minutes. I can't go to work as anything other than female and I still need a lot of help. Everything else about my presentation clues me as female, so make-up is only a small, but required part. Seems almost like I have been doing it all my life. Not so, just a couple of years really and not daily to start.

Now weekend events are another deal all together. Lavish bubble bath, skin, hair, nails, about three outfit changes to get the fit. Many accessory changes to get the look all together. Music and dancing too. I love being a girl, so don't mess with my get pretty time. Giggle. Then step out in the world. Everybody knows Jody loves to make a girly-girl entrance! Life is good, babe!

I also learned a huge amount of tricks from other working Moms. Soon, it just comes as second nature. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I used to time my makeup routine, too. It started at an hour, then as I got my routine down and into a groove I got it down to 30 minutes.

Now that I'm done with laser and can eliminate a few extra steps I'm down to 15 minutes.

Guest Sherryleigh

Putting on male-up is very difficult for me but I am getting better at it. Mascara is the most difficult and sometimes painful part for me when the tears start...what a mess! If I don't mess up too bad I can usually finish in about 30 minutes, doing my hair is a whole nother story. What truly shocked me when I started to get really serious about my fem look was how EXPENSIVE make-up can be. SIGH oh well gotta have it!

HUGS

Sherry Leigh

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Mascara was one of the products that took me the longest to get comfortable applying because I wasn't used to having anything that close to my eye. Granted I had a few mistakes and poked myself but I got over it and kept on trying.

Putting on male-up is very difficult for me but I am getting better at it. Mascara is the most difficult and sometimes painful part for me when the tears start...what a mess! If I don't mess up too bad I can usually finish in about 30 minutes, doing my hair is a whole nother story. What truly shocked me when I started to get really serious about my fem look was how EXPENSIVE make-up can be. SIGH oh well gotta have it!

HUGS

Sherry Leigh

I have very short lashes so I use a few distracting tricks. I start with my favorite eye shadows blended with a very soft artist brush for the smoky eye look. I like copper and gold. Then I use Maybelline Eye Studio Charcoal gel eye liner, that tiny jar has lasted forever! Then a line of Eye Studio Duo, Teal liquid eye liner. While that is wet I use Eye Drama Rockin Rose liquid upper eye liner. It is a pale pink glitter. I use that little brush to pull some of the teal color up also bringing the glitter up into the gold. It make a really nice transition. I place a touch of glitter below my eyes for effect. Then I top it off with my Wet & Wild Color Up pink mascara. All I need is to tip the lashes to make them pop! I get huge compliments on my eyes and they last all day and into the night. It may sound busy or gaudy, but done corectly, the effects are very subtle and elegant.

Also, I found out how expensive cheap make-up is. I burned through it like rocket fuel. Go to an Ulta store, the candy store from heaven. Buy the better quaility stuff, money well spent. It lasts longer in use, easier to apply, nicer effects and seems to have much more in the containers. You can paint your portrait in your mirror, like a famous artist. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest otter-girl

HUGS

Sherry Leigh

Ive spent more on makeup in last 6 months than on any personal products in my entire life!!! Sigh, :lol:

Mascara was one of the products that took me the longest to get comfortable applying because I wasn't used to having anything that close to my eye. Granted I had a few mistakes and poked myself but I got over it and kept on trying.

Im getting quite good with my eyes now, but having said that I still poke myself in the eyes from time to time, like last night. :)

Hugs

Rachel

Guest otter-girl

Hi all,

Even though I am getting better at the whole thing and can do it quite fast if needed, sometimes I can look in the mirror and think, Hey not bad. Other times I think jeeze Im so ugly and back off it all comes.

Hugs

Rachel.

Guest sophia.gentry58

Wow; 30 minutes, that's impressive!

Sophia

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• SugarMagnolia
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • MaryMary
    • Jani
    • BananaPowered95
    • DeeDee
  • Who Was Online

107 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Jani
    • MaryMary
    • BananaPowered95
    • DeeDee
    • Cyndee
    • Kirsten
    • Gregory
    • Willow
    • Josie Beth
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Cluck1992
    • Anyatimenow
    • killjoyaiden
    • EliAtkins
    • Petra Jane
    • Beth
    • KymmieL
    • Robinl69
    • Willa
    • Dev
    • MaryEllen
    • roman
    • Janeshannon
    • MaxiMegan
    • ilikefilms
    • michelle_kitten
    • Charlize
    • figuringitout
    • Kylara Anne Bagwell
    • ToniTone
    • Michelle F
    • Lorry
    • Miss Julia
    • Ritacd0
    • Elyssia
    • Timber Wolf
    • tracy_j
    • Clara84
    • VickySGV
    • Ellora
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Susan
    • gaynoodle76
    • Dylan
    • Ronin82
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Belladonnakarapinskia
    • Makayla2019
    • nitehwk
    • jae bear
    • Zoey-Alice
    • Kim1
    • Stevi
    • Im_a_otaku_44
    • Ned
    • Joanne_C
    • Sharon Aml
    • LotsOQs026
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • overwhelmedmom
    • sara albert
    • JJ
    • Infatheline
    • ERCLVRB18
    • jo_g
    • Jackie C.
    • AsTheCrow
    • D@zednc0nfus3d
    • EvanC
    • mxophie
    • Evelyn1992
    • Hellothere
    • Mybuttlost
    • Kylie
    • Lightbrite
    • MsLindaV
    • Gigi
    • Jocelyn
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • Jen0370
    • ScooterKatie
    • SaraAW
    • Alexx21
    • Alex94
    • Dranor
    • Geselle
    • Alex C
    • Jaybird4711
    • BillieS
    • KC1
    • L0gan
    • LouiseRose1954
    • Telistra
    • 1unar3clipse
    • Kelva
    • Lady Ayu
    • Terry
    • SharkGirl98
    • fphamm45
    • Iwy.13
    • Alana Stone
    • GothicLucas
    • shampoo-nyanko
    • Tiffany418
    • LittleRed
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Dylan
    Newest Member
    Dylan

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (18 years old)
    2. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (36 years old)
    3. Jamilyn
      Jamilyn
      (37 years old)
    4. Jcs2017
      Jcs2017
    5. WhoAmI1983
      WhoAmI1983
      (36 years old)
    • SugarMagnolia
      That's really good! It definitely makes an emotional connection with me. Well done ❤️
    • SugarMagnolia
      What great updates, Michelle. Thank you for sharing! It's always good to take those scary first steps and have them turn out well ❤️

Hugs, 
      Julie
    • Jani
      This is great.  I love the imagery of the Ravens and Butterflies.   Your choice of colors are beautiful.  Jani
    • Jani
    • Jani
      Yes we all have our unique stories yet we are very similar.  No aliens here!   You can be the person you wish to be.  Life isn't always easy, even for cis people, so jump in and be you, be happy.    Jani
    • Jani
      You are certainly not alone.  There are many of us that have similar experiences and we are happy.  You can be too.  Be you!
    • BananaPowered95
      I've been checking the forums lately - it's interesting how many of us have different experiences ! And how others feel like this, I always thought I was an alien! I identified with a lot of stories here and it's nice knowing I'm not alone in this I have some thinking to do yet but being like this forever feels like hell Thanks y'all for the kind answers! Kudos! 😄
    • Jani
      Hello Kylara and welcome!  Thank you for sharing.  You are correct that you can go as far as you wish and be comfortable with your choice.  Bravo for you.  It sounds like you and your wife have a great life.  See you around!     Jani
    • Jani
      This is exciting!  I got simple stainless studs as well when I got mine done.  I still wear them when I go to electrolysis or work in my shop.  Brings back fond memories!     Hugs, Jani
    • SugarMagnolia
      There's something incredibly powerful too about simply taking action. It helps us to avoid feeling like victims and focus on what we're doing as opposed to what others are doing against us. So, glad to see you standing up, Kirsten! 

Fight like a girl, baby! 💪✊🤼‍♀️
    • Cyndee
      Welcome Kylara and thanks for your intro 😎   I am glad to read your wife supports you. I also enjoy cycling great exercise and fun !   Have a look around the forums, and post away as the mood strikes   Hugs   Cyndee -
    • DeeDee
      Hi Alex 🤗  you have already been given a lot of good advice above.   I think it is okay to be overwhelmed sometimes - If I think about transitioning mtf,  it floods over me with all of the fears, questions and doubts that you have mentioned. I was given the advice to just look at each little step on it's own and see if it feel right at the time - if it does move forwards if it doesn't step back. I want to experience being Dee in my daily life but at the moment I am very restricted, I do know that I think I want to start HRT when I can because a lot of folk experience a "rightness" emotionally which is linked to finally having the right chemicals in their body, those that do not get that feeling stop before any permanent changes happen to the body. Do not transition to become a fantasy or you are doomed to disappointment, just change the things you want to change until you are happy with who you are, once that happens the future is full of potential and keep going with your therapist while you need one. Things like clothing and fashion you could probably get help with from a friend if you wish to build confidence in how you look... But definitely change your doctor, he sounds like a right tool, what he has said is incredibly unproffessional regardless of his personal opinion. 🤬
    • Kirsten
      Congrats Michelle! I felt the same way about the weight. I lost 80 pounds before I started hrt. Gained 20 back once I started, and I’ve once again lost that 20. Weight loss may be slightly more difficult on hrt, but it’s all self control. If you put in the work, eat right, exercise every day, it’ll come off. Hrt or not.    I really like what Vikki mentioned above too regarding inner strength. I am proof of that. From introvert to too much to list. Once you let that girl out, she’s gonna run things! Get ready for what I hope is an awesome personal transformation!! 
    • michelle_kitten
      Charlize, if you look anything like your avatar picture, you're pretty.   Hugs
    • Cyndee
      Good morning, we have lot's of blooming trees and bulbs now here, fortunately I don't suffer this time of year, my soul mate and daughters do however. Going to be another beautiful day here in paradise, 2nd cup of coffee tastes great, as I look at work here too.   Have a great day all   Cyndee -
  • Upcoming Events