• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!

Guest Felicia Anne

Guest Felicia Anne

hey! guess where i am going tonight?

a nearby theater is doing a midnight show, and i am excited to be going. i started performing in rocky about 20 years ago when i was in my teens, and it was a wonderful outlet for me. not my first time wearing women's clothing, but the first time doing it in a public forum and getting positive feedback for it!i can honestly say that most of my close friendships were born out of performing in rocky. i am so excited to see the show again. i wonder if the callbacks are still the same...

(and for those asking, no, i am not going in costume. i am not in a position where i can dress freely and more to the point... i am dealing with a lot of negative self image and body issues. i am in process of losing 40 more pounds to get slim and sexy again. i have lost 10 so far this year, but have a long way to go before i feel sexy again...)

how about the rest of you unconventional conventionists? any rocky experiences you wish to share (and remember, this is a g-13 rated board... giggle!)

It's just a jump to the left! :P

You go girl!!!

I love the timewarp.

And the callbacks are eternal.

Ahhh I remember that very first time.....(<--sounds like a line from that movie eh? lol)

You have fun.

Guest TheShana82

I <3 LOVE <3 the Rocky Horror Picture Show :)

I can''t say I personally have gone to any shows... but I was the only 5 year old who knew the time warp :) (in catholic school)

Oh... Does it count as going if my mother went to a show while pregnant??? cause then I can say I went lol

Guest Sarah Marie

Then a step to the right! :P

I absolutely LOVE that immortal movie!!! :rolleyes:

It's the early scene in the station wagon that brings back a flood of memories to me. If you listen closely, the radio is turned down fairly low. The voice coming out of the speakers in that of President Nixaon announcing his resignation in 1974. At the time I listened to that speech live on the radio.

There are two thoughts expressed musically that help me keep going. First, as they are walking through the rain toward the castle the thought "there's a light in the darkness/in everybody's life" can actually lift my spirits when I get to feeling low.

Leading into the swimming pool scene is the dreamily sung couplet "don't dream it/be it." For me this is a reminder that on a daily basis I need to be the woman I am rather than merely dreaming about it.

Come to think about it, it is time to "come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab." *goes and cues up DVD*

Well the river was deep, but I swam it Janet.

Oh Brad I'm so glad.

Best night I ever had at the midnight show circa 1978.

My date was my future live in honey for the next nine years.

Still have the original L.P. with crackle and a pop I'm sure................... B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Superrad

I feel like such a youth. I just discovered Rocky Horror, but I go monthly with my dad. My grandmother even went with me once. When Frank was coming down the elevator and a woman would scream random words. The correct reply was simple, it was just a very intimate three letter relationship. I was beginning the chant and when it was nearing its end I heard someone screaming that lovely word right beside me.

My grandmother.

Guest Ashley fl

here in ft lauderdale, in the 80s there was interactive showing of that every weekend, not anymore though :( anyways i got my toast and water pistol, and im always dressed, wheres it showing? lol

Guest julia_d

Interesting this comes up now.. I was in Manchester in December when the Rocky Horror Show was on and snapped the crowd waiting to go in at the Palace.. just because.

Photo-0007.jpg

coincidences are fun :)

Guest Superrad
here in ft lauderdale, in the 80s there was interactive showing of that every weekend, not anymore though :( anyways i got my toast and water pistol, and im always dressed, wheres it showing? lol

If you go to the official website, they have a list of active shows.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rebecca Quentin

About 10 years ago I really enjoyed being part of a rocky horror monthly night in London. We did the sing-a-long thing all dressed up at the Prince Charles cinema just off Trafalgar Square in London on a monthly Friday night at midnight (just after the sing-a-long Sound of Music crowd came out). Unfortunately the cinema management eventually tired of cleaning up the thrown rice, the bunch of spoil-sports!

• 3 months later...
Guest harvester52

A classic! Anything with Tim Curry is WIN.

In Portland, OR there's a monthly interactive Rocky showing at the Clinton theatre. I've gone a couple times, great fun.

-BC

• 2 months later...
Guest miss kindheart

Gosh that brings back memories.

I was in college during the late 70's early 80's, and must have watched it like a dozen times.

We held or bic lighters high threw toast, and called that one guy :lol:

Anyway I was surprised when one day I took an online test that tells you if you are a transvestite, and was surprised to see a question on it about how many time you have watched the Rocky horror picture show :D

like that really makes a difference :unsure:

:wub: vanna

Guest ramoneskid

Sick! I went to my first RHPS movie screening (I want to see a play someday, but I missed the LPYC one last year) in late October and everybody was getting really into it. I dressed up as Meatloaf but with my mohawk I didn't exactly look like him. I borrowed my friend's trumpet to carry along and I tripped out throughout the event. When I get to Portland I'm sure I can participate in one of these. :D

I only went to see it three times (it was screened weekly here for quite a few years) but it was one of the first albums I bought and I used to know all the words (and sing along).

Guest SouthernBelle

LOL I heart Rocky Horror Picture Show. No, I don't have any experiences going dressed. I've only actually seen it in person once and I was out to nobody at that point. And until I came out, I never dared to wear femme clothes in front of anyone. I was hiding and were I to go out to Rocky Horror Picture Show, I would have been frightened what ppl might think... even though I would not have been the only one...

"I'm just a sweet transvestite! From... TRANSSEXUAL... TRANSYLVANIAAAAAAAAAA!"

HUGGS

Belle

Guest Nikki A

favorite character is columbia! i can not tell you how awesome i think that film is!

"In 2005, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.""

i love that a movie with a character beneath the transgender umbrella reached such a level! it gives me hope

Put your hands on your hips

and bring your knees in tight

hugs, Nikki

Guest Nikki A

ok, to anyone that goes to it, for the first time going to the midnight showing in des moines they have the "virgin treatment" which involves several very odd tasks. does anywhere else do this?

hugs, Nikki

Guest SouthernBelle

ok, to anyone that goes to it, for the first time going to the midnight showing in des moines they have the "virgin treatment" which involves several very odd tasks. does anywhere else do this?

hugs, Nikki

I've nvr heard of that, but I only went one time.

HUGGS

Belle

• 1 year later...
Guest Luna_Luv2942

I've only been able to see one live screening about 4 years ago. I had dressed up as Frankenfurter in the floorshow, I went into a Blockbuster in a robe and with lots of make-up and got some weird looks from this one family XD Soooo much fun!