• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

what is your all time favourite movie

Guest Christina xxx

• Forum Moderator

Really so many, but....

Star Trek II - The wrath of Khan

Guest Megan_Lynn

Back to the future 2 electric boogaloo

ya sure you do not mean breaking 2 electric boogallo ? It was a move about break dancing in 1984. And has nothing to do with the back to the future movies.

Guest Bellexia

Back to the future 2 electric boogaloo

ya sure you do not mean breaking 2 electric boogallo ? It was a move about break dancing in 1984. And has nothing to do with the back to the future movies.

I liked Ironman 2 electric boogaloo too.

Guest CassieX

'Mother Night' based on the novel of the same name by Kurt Vonnegut.

Its about an American playwright who marries a famous German actress and becomes a secret Spy for the Allies during WWII while appearing to the world as a traitor and rabid anti-Semitic propagandist for the cup cakes. As Nick Nolte moralizes in the film, "Be careful who you pretend to be, because you'll end up who you're pretending to be."

Not to be watched if you are feeling sad, as its heartbreaking. :(

Guest Kaylee234

I have too many favorites. Yes I know that really doesn't make sense.

I watch Blues Brothers every year on the anniversary of my father's death because that was his favorite movie. A bit morbid I suppose but it is what it is.

~ Kay

Guest Bellexia

I watch Blues Brothers every year on the anniversary of my father's death because that was his favorite movie. A bit morbid I suppose but it is what it is.

~ Kay

I do the same with Nightmare before Xmas. Every year we would all watch it on halloween and xmas. It was a wonderful tradition so I kept on.

Guest Seanna

~ Kay

I do the same with Nightmare before Xmas. Every year we would all watch it on halloween and xmas. It was a wonderful tradition so I kept on.

We do the same. Actually, from about mid-October through the end of December it's always at the ready, it's one of my favorites.

I have to say my ALL TIME favorite movie, though is a toss-up between A Beautiful Mind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

~Sheala

Guest Sarah Faith

For me it would be a toss up between Starwars, Pirates of the Caribbean, or NIghtmare Before Christmas. Can't say that I really go for meaningful or culturally significant movies.

Sarah

Guest Robin Winter

Star Wars was one of the most culturally significant movies of all time lol. It's practically religion to a large part of the North American population.

Guest Sarah Faith

LOL yeah but not what some would call meaningful. I love Star Wars, I'm wearing a starwars tee as I type this :o and it may be almost a sub-religion for me as well.. I just like fun movies! If I'm going to waste 2 hours of my life watching something It certainly will not be Citizen Caine! lol :D

Guest Kaylee234

~ Kay

We do the same. Actually, from about mid-October through the end of December it's always at the ready, it's one of my favorites.

I have to say my ALL TIME favorite movie, though is a toss-up between A Beautiful Mind, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

~Sheala

Good to see more Nightmare fans here. I also do this between Halloween and Christmas. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I used to sing Sally's Song to my daughter to calm her down when she was an infant, cradling her in the rocking chair.

~ Kay

Guest sophia.gentry58

Hi Christina,

Out of threads thus far I'm surpised that no one thought much of "The Matrix" triology, particularly the first movie. For me, the concept that humans lived out their lives in an illusion of reality does not fail to hit home with me as I came to grip with my own illusion of a false reality of living as a male while my truer self as a female slumbered away.

Sophia

I know this will sound rather cliche, but, "Rocky Horror Picture Show"!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ~Emmie~

Big Star Wars nerd. Blues Brother is another one of my favs. And I love NBC, it's one of the films that ALWAYS cheers me up when I'm sad. I got to see it again in theaters last October, in 3D, at Disney. I was so giddy, hadn't seen it on the big screen since I was a kid.

I like bizarre combinations of silly/sad/funny films; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Brick, and Almost Famous are three of my tops. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is insanely good, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shy Brian

Beetlejuice. That movie MAKES my Halloween. :D Well, actually I'll watch it anytime of the year really. Gotta love Beetlejuice! :thumbsup:

Guest Bellexia

Good lord I love Beetlejuice. Lydia Deetz oh how you were my childhood crush for years of my youth. Then came Liz Sherman *hearts for eyes* you can burn up my world but you will burn in my heart.

• 7 months later...

I do love Shirley Valentine - its such a happy/sad film, the only one i have watched a number of times, and i love Greece (the place not the movie)

i just bought a smart tv and am enjoying streaming films - i went onto Blinkbox and they had a number of gay/lesbian/trans ones - i watched "Gigola" which was about a young butch/possibly transman from one or two comments she/he made about being born into a female body - set in l960's Paris, its in French but with English subtitles - brilliant - ended up buying it and there are a couple of good butch/femme ones too.
For anyone interested in f2m i also watched and bought "Tomboy" again in French with subs. a really super, touching film about a l0 yr old girl who clearly saw herself as a boy - well worth a look - you can get the films on amazon as well..............Blinkbox, dont know it you can get this in the USA, is a Tesco venture and some films are only around the £2.50 to rent, which i thought excellent value - i got the Sooty smilie from another site.............avatar6347_1.gif.jpg
An Aside...........
I love sooty - when i was camping in summer, the missus sent me to the local shop in a small village, it had 2 loaves, 2 bottles of washing up liquid, you get the picture - a smelly old woman serving and equally smelly dogs running around the place - anyway, it just so happened that week was in the news that SOOTY was 60 yrs old - when i walked through the door and up to the counter, i noticed in front of me a charity box for something or other with a sooty character with a slot in the top of his head - so i piped up, and this was the first thing i said - "good morning - did you know that Sooty's 60 years old" - she looked at me as if i were completely barking - i bought one of the loaves (even though it was stale - what is it about English village shops, no wonder theyre all closing down, lol!

edit.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shiratori

For me it would have to be Tron (the original 1982 version, although I don't mind the sequel). I saw a clip of it on Disney Time on BBC1 and was absolutely blown away by the visual style of the film. I have an old VHS copy, 3 different DVD versions and the Blu-ray version and loads of merchandise and collectables. The soundtrack by Wendy Carlos is brilliant if you like old-school electronic music.

Guest actuarylilium

For me, I think it's got to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Watched the extended editions on Blu-Ray recently - absolutely stunning, beautiful. I'm really into grand adventures, and this takes the crown. Personal favourite of the three is the Two Towers... mind was blown in the cinema :)

As for others, although I like other popular series like Star Wars, Harry Potter etc, I'm going to go with Inception. I really liked the premise, and it's execution has left a lasting impression on me.

Lastly, I'll go for the Shawshank Redemption. I really liked Religious Studies class anyway, but watching this film is my favourite part of that class over the years. Morgan Freeman is awesome :)

PS. Consolation prize to the Lion King. I love Disney films, and this is my favourite out of all of them. I didn't quite cry when Mufasa died, but it was extremely emotional :(