• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally got a hairstyle I love

Guest CassieX

Guest CassieX

Saturday was a big day for me, as I finally got a hairstyle that I actually love!

This past year I have gone through 3 different stylists trying to get a look that actually suited me but with my current one, the fourth I hit the jackpot. At 42, I am afflicted with fine slightly thinning hair. While HRT stopped any further thinning, the combination of the two coupled with my round face posed a challenge to find a style that worked. My last style was a bob and although it should have worked, it failed miserably and I spent more time brushing hair out of my eyes than anything else.

My new stylist is amazing, she listened to all my concerns and provided me with lots of good examples before we settled on the style. So four blissful hours later I was a coppery redhead with a layered pixie cut, full of wispy bits and body. I learned a lot during the session from her on the little tricks I need to style it myself.

I am so happy with my style that I took photos at the salon and made my avatar picture. :)

Cassie

• Admin

It looks fantastic, Cassie. :thumbsup: I don't know if you call them bangs or something else, but I'm kind of partial to bangs, myself. They hide a multitude of sins. LOL!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest CassieX

Thanks,

I was kinda nervous about going to work today as I am not officially out yet, but I received nothing but compliments from both male and female coworkers. So, just like everything else so far with transition, I now wonder what the heck I was getting nervous about? :doh1:

I think Frank Herbert summed it up best:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Cassie