• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Super Heroes

Guest Zabrak

I thought it might be fun to see what super hero people would be if they could be one from a comic book - or if they would rather be a super villain.

So if you could be a super hero(or villain) who would you be?

You all know who I'd be of course so I wont explain why....

IRON MAN

I AM IRONNN MANNN NANANANAAAA NAAA NAAA NAAAAAA.......

B)

Guest Kelly Ann

I thought Supergirl at first...she has Krypto after all...then I went with Catwoman (Selina Kyle)...then Batman, Storm, Black Canary, Sue Storm. Ah back to Supergirl...she's so cute...Krypto looks like a Bull Terrier too and like his cape...how did her powers change though I was out of books for a long time...Plastic Man is cool too though...be ANYTHING you want...an he is as wacky as I am sometimes...but he's that way all the time, maybe it because everything he becomes has the same colors as his uniform?

Well, let's see there was a character called Medusa with absolutely awesome hair - it was her power, she used it to whip or tie her foes or snatch the weapons out of their hands, talk about well trained hair! But I think Wonder Woman - I like the idea of an invisible jet, but I'm just not sure where I parked it, and finding those invisible keys! I'll just keep them tied to my golden lasso. Her other benefits, nice costume, she's a princess and she does have that cool jet and a private island (all women - so nobody's perfect!).

I will avoid changing from Diana Prince to Wonder Woman the way they did in the TV series - I tend to get dizzy!

Love ya,

WW

Guest Felicia Anne

hero or villian? what to choose...

oh, wait, i don't have too, because i have the best of both worlds. allow me to introduce myself. my name is selina kyle, but you may know me better as... catwoman... meow...

(straight comic book version... no relation to that god-awful movie version with halle berry and sharon stone)

You got a point there Cody. I would rather Ironmans cars to Batmans cars, though.

So we have Mystique.. Batman...Catwoman, WonderWoman..

Plastic Man? I'm going to look him up. lol

Mr. Mxplexiz from the fifth dimension. Super boy's Nemesis. He changed reality and reversed every thing in Mirror form, confusing super boy. The only way he would go away is if Superboy tricked him into saying his name back wards. Then off he would go back to the fifth dimension till someone pronounced his name here on the planet Earth. "pop" he would be back.......Long time ago...That would be cool, messing with the boy wonder's mind. :P

Mr. Mxplexiz...Zixelpxm. How would you pronounce that? lol

That's something I didn't think of. If you wanted to be a by stander or lover of a hero instead. I think that counts, Christy. I'm just the type to want to be the big star.

Guest Felicia Anne
As hard as I think about it... I still just want to be Mary Jane from the Spiderman comics. I know...that doesn't count, right?

actually, mary jane is one of the better characters in comic history. granted, she is a character that a lot of people would dismiss because she does not have powers. but, when it comes to someone who becomes stronger from life's challenges and shows an amazing level of compassion and commitment, there are a lot of super powered beings who don't even exist on her level.

your choice is valid, ms. watson...

Plastic Man? I'm going to look him up. lol

I bet you never heard of Metamorpho, the Element Man! I believe his entire career spanned his origins issue and one more edition.

There was also the Fly and his assistant was way ahead of her time - in the late 50s she was called 'Fly Girl' (weren't they the dancers on In Living Color?)

I don't think that I would want to be known as 'Fly Girl'.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Wasn't Jenny from the Block (J-Lo) one of the original Fly Girls...LOL...she's pretty, super. Plantinum from Metal Men (she was the sole female) was cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Naomi Stardust

Storm x-men

she's hot

cool powers

but mystique might be better...

she can have a cool bi-gendered thing going on

but that's just not me

i'll stick with storm

Wow all these heroes I've never heard of! Hmm, you gals always give me neat stuff to look up.

Did you ever find PLastic Man? He was like Reed Richards in the Fantastic four except his uniform was bright red with a yellow belt and a V neckline (which I don't really get on a male character) and he wore sunglasses that seemd to be able to shift shape and stretch just like Plastic Man.

Guest Felicia Anne

thank you all... i am in comic nerd heaven. i am one of the biggest comic book freaks you will find! i am a fan of the graphic novel, and i have the following recommendations for those of you looking for good reading...

stangers in paradise - greatest series ever written, both in terms of artwork and in storytelling! terry moore has the most realistic women ever committed to this medium. drawn with realistic proportions and fully fleshed emotions, this series changed how i viewed women, relationships and what a woman really is!

watchmen - best plotline of any medium, but you can be lazy and watch the movie next month... see you at imax!

box office poison - anyone in their 20s will relate to it immediately.

love and rockets - it is hard to give a full description, but this series will captivate you. and as far as i am concerned, this series is one of the blueprints for independent producers

the walking dead - mature reading, but horror fans will love it

buffy the vampire slayer: season eight - joss whedon is continuing the series from the television show, and there are no budget restrictions! and just wait til you see what happens to dawn... thricewise, anybody?

Guest StrandedOutThere

Wolverine or Batman.

Why?

Because both of them, especially Batman, have a certain "reality" to their powers. In Batman's case, he doesn't even have special powers...just cool toys and his wits. I always thought that made him way awesome compared to people like Superman, who are basically invincible. It takes a lot more guts to go out when you are just a regular dude.

Wolverine is cool because he doesn't age. Also, I think it is cool how every time he uses his claws it hurts. There's something poetic about that. Also, Wolverine is just radical and nifty.

Hmmm... Perhaps Batman (awesomeness, gadgetry) or Catwoman (awesome and hot) , or Batgirl (awesome, hot, intimately connected with Batman and gets gadgetry) or the girl from xkcd (she doesn't have a name but a) has powers of geekyness, B) is a stick-woman and c) gets to sleep with Randall Monroe.)

Or Killface from Frisky Dingo for the general humour.

Wolverine or Batman.

Why?

Because both of them, especially Batman, have a certain "reality" to their powers. In Batman's case, he doesn't even have special powers...just cool toys and his wits. I always thought that made him way awesome compared to people like Superman, who are basically invincible. It takes a lot more guts to go out when you are just a regular dude.

Wolverine is cool because he doesn't age. Also, I think it is cool how every time he uses his claws it hurts. There's something poetic about that. Also, Wolverine is just radical and nifty.

Just read over the new posts here. I always like your posts Stranded. Your points behind everything are great.

I also didn't know that about Wolverine - that he doesnt age and it hurts to use his claws. Makes me feel bad for him, kinda.

Just read over the new posts here. I always like your posts Stranded. Your points behind everything are great.

I also didn't know that about Wolverine - that he doesnt age and it hurts to use his claws. Makes me feel bad for him, kinda.

Yes Stranded picked two of the most tormented super heroes, throw in the Hulk ad you have the trifecta.

Bruce Wayne is tormented by having witnessed the murder of his parents and lives as a vigilante to avenge their deaths.

While Logan is tormented by the loss of his one true love - long before Jean died she had been with Cyclops for some time. (Many revisions to this original plot line)

He also left out the Thing - like the Hulk pretty obvious what's tormenting them.

Read a lot of comics in my youth,

Sally

Hmm...you sure know a lot, Sally!

I saw a old movie on TV at 4AM in the morning. I forgot the name but it was based on comic book heroes. The kid wanted to be a hero just like out of the books. He got bit by a spider and slolwy started to change into half-spider-half-human. It was pretty creepy and it was not what he wanted. Although it was a very interesting movie. I don't think many directors these days would make such a tiwsted movie about comic books.

Hmm...you sure know a lot, Sally!

....He got bit by a spider and slolwy started to change into half-spider-half-human....

**starts humming the theme song of spiderman

I can't help it, Spidey was big in my time.

My best friend (he passed away) was an X-men-a-holic so I'm up on the Wolverine thing.

Always dug Bruce wayne (I'm up on the "avenging" idea) plus he had Eartha Kitt as a potential...um...lol..but never thought it through like Stranded, but thats why I like Stranded- always cerebrally loaded. Now we just need Stranded's theme song B)