• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VickySGV

A Time To Celebrate -- Eucharist that is--

VickySGV

My Episcopal Church Diocese here in the Southern California area will be celebrating a special service of Holy Communion tomorrow night at our Cathedral in downtown Los Angeles. It is very special for us in that one of our bishops is Lesbian and has heretofor been "life partnered" with all the legal issues of inequality that went with the territory. My relationship with her on the times we have met and interacted have been warm and genuine, and her care for the "T" people she ministers to (as well as the het and cis) is truly in the footsteps of Christ.

The Episcopal Church approved a liturgy (church rite) for same sex marriage last summer, and it looks like it can now be used in our churches in the Dioceses' here in California.

Needless to say I have already sent an acceptance reply via Facebook for my being at that service. I am OUT in our Diocese and get a special ministry news letter from time to time that is warming, but I think it needs some more Trans* input-- HMMMM -- ??

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)

• MetaLicious
    • Sunckey
    • Willa
    • lauraincolumbia
    • ToniTone
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryEllen
    • LacrimalDuality
    • Violet_R
    • Lilly Alexander
    • MaryMary
    • Rowan
    • Krisvm
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kendal01
    Newest Member
    Kendal01

1. Beverly
      Beverly
    • Krisvm
      And just to update, managed to catch up and had a great session. Really enjoying working on it.
    • LacrimalDuality
      Thanks, Kris and Jackie. Your messages help me feel a little better. I'm really happy I decided to come here. I have alot to learn now that I'm not trying to shoulder all of it on my own. Coming here was an important step to helping me come to terms with my truth. 
    • KathyLauren
      Welcome, Priya!  I'm a new member here, too, but already, I like the place.  I am 65 and live in Nova Scotia.
    • KathyLauren
      I totally relate to this.  There is a group of us in the general area that get together from time to time just to socialize.  Typically, we meet at a restaurant for dinner, though we have done other events too.  It is great to meet up with others who understand our journey, even if it is not in a "support" capacity.
    • Kate Carter
      I don’t even want to think how much I’ve blown on wigs over the years,  definitely know what DOESN’T work for me after all that.     Fit is everything,  I’ve gotten some horrible headaches and scalp/forehead blisters from poorly fit wigs worn for days in end. Definitely worse than suffering a few hours for cute shoes!
    • A. Dillon
      Oh my god, exactly! I wanted to join the navy, just like my dad and my grandpa did, as I felt that it was my duty as the only son (in my mind, I often called myself his son because being his daughter just felt wrong, like a word you just can't pronounce right.)   Also, yes it makes me feel way better. It feels less like a just me problem when I can hear your perspectives. It is sometimes hard for me to understand how someone could be born in a body and be comfortable with it, or just ever be happy in their body ever. However, interacting with post- op trans people gives me hope that I could get there someday.  
    • Aidan5
      I actually recently met a trans military man and I just couldn't stop being amazed, you seriously couldn't tell he was trans and I wouldn't have known if he didn't talk to me. I am kinda jealous because I wanted to join the Navy when I was little, just like my dad.    I was so glad I had that experience because he was so cool, I feel like a child now haha    I have had nothing but good times with fellow trans folks
    • Aidan5
      Pfft I loved watching Avatar growing up!! I might just have to re-watch it. Still remember Sokka because he was my favorite charater at the time
    • Aidan5
      Of course I did! I am very grateful for everything she does for me, we just have a bumpy relationship. Also thank you!   Family is important to me and I want them to know I am still the same person, just a few words changed
    • MetaLicious
      I intended to post this very thought.  What really unites everyone under the LGBTQ+ umbrella is simply not being cis-het.
    • Krisvm
      Thank you all these are lovely to hear. I don't really know any Trans people in real life (only a former therapist) so I just get this joy from doing it online.   Hopefully can find a way to meet more trans people locally. The nearest support group is 20 miles away and I don't drive and keep looking out for events but haven't found any yet that aren't for people under 21.
    • Astrid
      One of my most favorite experiences was working on a campaign for trans rights over six months, surrounded and supported by so many other trans people. It was so affirming!
    • ToniTone
      Thank you hun, I will 💕 
    • Susan R
      Good point, Vicky.  Compared to entertaining guests or having family over, being among fellow trans folk is very peaceful.  It feels very much like just another family.
    • VickySGV
      Getting immersed in a large group of Trans people like yourself for a while, like you can do at a convention, can really give you a shock when you get back into Cis people areas.   I have a "chosen family" group of Trans people that I meet with at least once a week and as hectic and active as the meet ups go while they are going on they are a place I can totally let my guard down, and I end up feeling rested and much more real even being transitioned as long as I have. 
  • Upcoming Events