• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VickySGV

Whats the big deal about highlights in hair -- Hmmph

VickySGV

Ok, I have been having my hair colored in a copper red for a year now to hide my gray, and went for some red-blond highlghts today. Everybody else thinks they look great, but I can't feel them, or really notice them, or nothing without a mirror. I always imgagined you could feel special color and highlight jobs, and envied the girls that had them for how they felt special about the way there hair was!! Plus that it darn near doubled my salon bill!! What a let down!! Just another one of those reality things about living full time. Dang it, it just feels like my hair, why didn't that change?: Unfair.

I am actually laughing about this because I imagine myself having a tantrum and wrinkling my nose at life. It is a silly thought and totally unreal even for me, but its still there.

I have to re-install my web-cam software first, but I will get a picture posted in my gallery.

Charlize

I wish i could have my scalp done but in the meantime i have settled on a medium length wig that seems to really work for me. A reddish base with blond streaks. I couldn't contain myself when a woman told me to make sure i got the numbers from my hairdresser as it was "Just Perfect". I could have doffed my cap to her but my baldness might have blinded. Anyway it feels good to know that the hair is working and looking good.

Enjoy Vickie and try not to have a hissie fit that you can't feel the difference. I told my wife that i'm allowed to have hissie fits now and i could also be a female dog sometimes as i was now female. I'll have to remember to wrinkle my nose.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Valerie

I have been coloring my hair, medium brown, with violet mixed in with the brown. Then I would have ash blonde highlights added to the mix. Sometimes I would add in a Burgandy Red as lowlights. I have been doing this combination for over 3 years nows. I wanted to change the ash blonde highlights to a blue for this trip, but I hair dresser was not available, so I stayed with the regular combination.

/Hugs

Valerie

Guest KimberlyF

Do you feel your copper red hair?

VickySGV

Hair only, not the color. I was being silly in my OP, and meant to be that way!!!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)

• Cowrie
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

False_Skin
    Newest Member
    False_Skin

1. Arianna
      Arianna
      (23 years old)
    • tracy_j
      I think it's finding what suits you best. I have never got on with boyshorts at all. Not being over there, I won't go into brands but, in general, I have found quality panties better. Obviously womenswear is only designed to cover a small bulge so tucking is really essential.   I tend to wear bikini, hi-leg or full brief dependant on situation, how I am feeling or what I am wearing.   Tracy
    • Regn
      Thanks Charlize and everyone. I’ve done two days. The medication helps a lot.
    • mini
      thank all of you  for the splendid advice    
    • mini
      hello   i appreciate the advice as i was having a terrible time tucking and staying in place especially walking they were always slipping out or never in proper place.  I will be taking the tips and trying them out in the morning . I was afraid to try tape as hair would be pulled out. I will be trying the pull from behind and panty method as well as other great advice.    I do have one other question and that is going to gym as i am not allowed to use the other gym so how do i get used to being comfortable in those situations.
    • VickySGV
      I am not really sure where this is headed just now, but it does underscore the need for understanding of what and who Trans people are.  The mythology and the fantasy about us needs to be fully bashed out of some heads and replaced with better stuff. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/09/students-protest-schools-trans-bathroom-policy-vicious-rumors-spread/     Carolyn Marie   Published courtesy of Zack Ford's Blog, "Fording the River Styx"
    • Carolyn Marie
      http://www.epgn.com/news/breaking-news/15219-plaintiffs-in-boyertown-trans-restroom-policy-case-withdraw-litigation-ending-years-long-legal-battle   Good news is always welcome news.   Carolyn Marie   Published courtesy of Zack Ford's Blog, "Fording the River Styx"
    • Susan R
      Welcome Markjvp,  Glad you found this forum. You'll find great support here and many with a similar back story.  One benefit you have at your age is time.  I put off doing anything about my situation until middle age.  You have access to support and knowledge that people my age could never dreamed of way back when!  Take advantage of them all.   My Best to you, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Those are words to live by.  Good for you and a big congratulations to you and your continued success.  Thank you for sharing your good news!   Warm Regards, Susan R🌷
    • VickySGV
      One of my psychology professors years ago liked to tell us that most M.D.s did not fully earn the Doctor part of their degrees, and they really should get a degree of Body Mechanic (BM) and I think he may have had it right in this case.  The guy knows the physical configuration of the human brain expertly as a technician but his ability to actually reason with his own brain on non technical matters is up for conjecture.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Mark.  If you're looking for support, this is a great place for it.  Ask any question, start threads, whatever you need, we'll be there for you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Awesome!   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/09/19/hud-secretary-ben-carson-makes-dismissive-comments-about-transgender-people-angering-agency-staff/?fbclid=IwAR0FqFpp4S_aQnZ4wQjMxgwtOoEMnpKTt546kVc3LnfkVOaB4PUuOGT1ByU     Given his past statements, I have no doubts that what he's alleged to have said is accurate.  He is a disgrace and needs to be gone, even before his boss is.   Carolyn Marie
    • Jani
      Greetings Markjvp.  Your intro was fine.  Telling our family, especially at a young age is fraught with peril so I can relate to your story.  I am guessing you are about 16 so you still have some time to go before you graduate High School and can move out on your own, or go to college.  I know the time seems long, but in reality it's not.  Focus on your education as it will sustain you for the rest of your life.     As to starting transition, if that is your goal, a couple years will not make a huge difference.  You want to remain at home where you have a roof over your head and meals to eat.  Don't do anything rash.  Your family may or may not ever get "fixed" as this is their choice to understand.  Your choice is to be the best you that you can be.  Look around there are other stories like yours here.     Cheers, Jani
    • Jani
      This is so good to read that you have found the way to sobriety that suits you.  You have so much to be happy and grateful for, especially for the inner strength you posses.  Yeah for you!  You will get over your shyness and insecurity in due time.  I believe in you.  Your sponsor sounds like a caring person.     Hugs, Jani
  • Upcoming Events