• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Voice Training

Guest Traci Nicole

Guest Traci Nicole

I'm looking for some other techniques of female voice training. I have only three sources of female voice training, that I have found through search engines. I'm trying to find at least a book or some computer program that will help in voice training for female voices. I can change my voice to a female, but I want to retain that female voice and keep it to where I want it. If anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Traci Nicole

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jenny and all:

I also have a hard time imagining being able to change my voice significantly.

I'm not even sure that I want to, being a singer.

Helen Boyd and her partner Betty are most famous from the two books:

My Husband Betty: Love, Sex, and Life with a Crossdresser (2003) - Helen Boyd * Amazon * Library

She's Not the Man I Married (2007) - Helen Boyd * Amazon * Library

The pair were on a TV show, a clip of which appears on YouTube.

Although interesting in its own right, the demonstration of male and female voices was the most astounding.

The demonstration of Betty's male voice occurs at about the 4:00 point.

Z.

• 6 months later...
Guest Teri
How effective is any of this, I have never tried. I have a hard time imagining being able to change my voice that well.

Oh you can. I use the gargle method and the minnie mouse method. Producing the voice without resonance, that is the real key. It takes practice, and you have to carry on a conversation with the radio (I usually do this in my car), but it is heaven to really affect a lovely female tone. Mmmm-mmm.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Storm Angel
Oh you can. I use the gargle method and the minnie mouse method. Producing the voice without resonance, that is the real key. It takes practice, and you have to carry on a conversation with the radio (I usually do this in my car), but it is heaven to really affect a lovely female tone. Mmmm-mmm.

I speak very clear and feminine naturally but I'd love to work on raising pitch and 'roll-off' on my low frequency tones.

Curse this built-in subwoofer! lol :lol::D

Guest raydub
Curse this built-in subwoofer! lol :lol::D

Aww.. i want my own subwoofer.

:lol: sorry..feelin a little silly. :blush: (and im REALLY bored at work <_<

Ray

Guest Storm Angel
Aww.. i want my own subwoofer.

:lol: sorry..feelin a little silly. :blush: (and im REALLY bored at work <_<

Ray

I wish it was as easy as installing an active cross-over.. just attenuate the 'low cut' filter to 170Hz. lol :lol::D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest harvester52
I wish it was as easy as installing an active cross-over.. just attenuate the 'low cut' filter to 170Hz. lol :lol::D

She speaks my language! :D Haha

I've been a professional sound engineer for years.

• 1 month later...
Guest RubyShana

*blinks* what......? o.O

Shana

lol, i have no idea what you just said. when i see Hz, i think of kechup :P but i'm sort of looking for how to do that female voice thing. i with i could just give this adoms apple to one of you guys who needs it, id be glad to be rid of it :lol: truely the definition of irony, how fate works

Guest Jennifer1
I'm looking for some other techniques of female voice training. I have only three sources of female voice training, that I have found through search engines. I'm trying to find at least a book or some computer program that will help in voice training for female voices. I can change my voice to a female, but I want to retain that female voice and keep it to where I want it. If anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Traci Nicole

Traci, The biggest thing to do to keep the voice where you want it, is to practice. For me it took half a year but now i wake and i have to switch to the male voice instead of the other way around. Patients, Practice, and alot of Losinges for the throat and you will be good.

• 1 month later...

I've found breathing is the most important step for me, controlling my breathing first, then trying to raise pitch etc. Youtube is a great resource, this video in particular: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OacKyIdIg was very helpful I suggest subscribing to the channel if you have not already. I'm prob a little late, but thought I would mention it anyway.

Xo

Guest RainBird

:P

lol, i have no idea what you just said. when i see Hz, i think of kechup :P but i'm sort of looking for how to do that female voice thing. i with i could just give this adoms apple to one of you guys who needs it, id be glad to be rid of it :lol: truely the definition of irony, how fate works

'Audio Technocrat' language lol..

Hz is the value of a sound frequency, measured in Hertz (Hz)..

A cross over is a device used between an amplifier and a loudspeaker, commonly with subwoofers, that can limit the range of the sound spectrum to a smaller range for higher speaker performance, for example, cutting out either bass tones, midrange or treble sounds..

I hope this helps. :D