• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

how to position your package?

Guest ChefErik93

Guest ChefErik93

so, anyone can answer this but this is mainly directed at the guys who pack. where in the world do i put this thing?! i know the basics but beyond that I am a little clueless. Left, right, up, down, upside down...who knows?

I looked into what cisguys do and it varies between up and down for the most part. I wear trunks/boxer briefs but i am willing to try boxers. obviously with the boxers it will point down but what do i do with it in briefs?

I don't want my bulge to be super obvious as i am just starting to pack and slowly come out as gender neutral/ i don't want to freak people out. At this point, packing is really for me alone. I made a harness for it out of an elastic band from old pants and a sock. but i don't know where to actually place him.

Guest zephyr lily

I obviously cannot speak for others I can only tell you of my own experiences.

Thomas as I refer to him is at least to me a nuisance, and I like to [hide] him whenever I can, the less noticeable as far as I am concerned the better.

One of my more favorable hiding places requires me to push afore mentioned Thomas up into the scrotum along with his two buddies, this done in conjunction with tight fitting briefs gives the effect of having [nothing to show], of course to some of us this may be uncomfortable and does require some practise.

Another way is to again using a tight brief and push Thomas down tightly between your thighs and pull the brief up over the top of him not allowing him to show as it were and obscuring him from the light of day, the downside to this method is of course the objections that are raised by his two pals.

zephyr

Guest faint111

I wear boxer briefs too, I think it's up to where you find it comfortable, the base should usually be farther down than you think. When I first started packing I put it too high and it just look like a super bulge. I wear tighter trunks for shorts and if it's too obvious you could try to tuck it a bit.

• Forum Moderator

i happen to prefer jockey bikini style briefs and you don't need a harness with them. For me to oe side works best because it feels natural and being an STP is actually less rather than more obvious. Most packers are unfortunately a little larger than the average male in a relaxed state and that can make things a challenge as far as looking natural. I got the smallest possible and have never gotten any looks or negative reactions with it though I wear my pants relatively snug sometimes.

Just experiment and see what feels naturals as well as maybe taking some pics with it in different places to see how you look and what you prefer. Don't know why but for me at least it is a lot easier to see in pics than in the mirror how something really looks.

A thing to keep in mind is something my daughter snapped at me today when I asked how if my chest looked okay in a new shirt. (I am still dysphoric about those pecs which just don't compress because they are muscle. They don't really look like anything except pecs but I am more comfortable flat) . "Would you just quit asking about it. No one looks and no one care but you". Different area but still pretty much true unless we go obviously out of the norm and the norm is a really wide range in this case.

Johnny

Guest ChefErik93

Thanks faint111 (I don't know your name yet, sorry). I think you're right in that I am positioning it too high. I will lower it!

Johnny I don't think I would like that style of underwear but I can try it. It would scare me to not have it secured with a harness is some sort. And yeah no one cares or noticed it as much as you do. My girlfriend has told me that on many occasions

• 2 weeks later...

I wear jock straps which always feel secure. Basically the tissue of a clitoris is the same as a penis, so the shaft sit level with that part. The shaft should point down and maybe off to the side a little. I use the extra small mr limpy which is about the same size of a cis male's genitals when soft (3 inches I think). A jockstrap could hold everything in place if you're concerned.

Guest ChefErik93

i have been looking at jockstraps and i think they may be a good option. i also am going to get a smaller packer. the one i have now is 5 inches i think and it is just too much to handle. ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest sarahifican

hi Erik,

not sure if I'm welcome to reply here on this or not as I'm mtf and should probably be reading the mtf forums but because I'm wrestling a lot lately with my issues, I'm searching for parallels in the ftm world.

It's probably very different for each guy but I can share my own experience.

Until reading this, I have never given much thought about it. Or rather, I have but didn't realize how much. I think it's just one of those things that becomes taken for granted after years. I typically have the shaft pointing up and that is what feels most comfortable and natural. Pointing down results in it pointing out for me because it's small when I'm day to day. If it's pointing down or out and it changes and grows it ends up being pressure on the wrong side.. Feels like it's bending and it's just uncomfortable for me. Even when completely relaxed, it just feels very unnatural. I always want the top side, the side that is closest to me, to be against my body and the underside of it facing outward. During a day, things move around and i will adjust it back this way using my pants pockets when no one is around.

And on the subject of size, my own is very small when just "day to day". Probably they don't make packers as small because no one would buy it. It's not much to look at. I might be hard on myself because I don't like it and don't want it but it's outright ugly. No other way to describe it. The testes are the same size and don't change, but the shaft will shrink and retract to less than an inch and be, in size, the same size as the testes. When it does this, it's kind of a combination of retracting into my body and shrinking at the same time. The only time it's extended and hanging, when relaxed, like you see in popular culture is when it's a really hot day. This is very rare for me. 95% of the time it's like a turtle all pulled inside and made very small.

When unfortunate moments come (reminders of having the wrong body), it can grow to a very full above average size. This is god's cruel joke I think, giving this to me when so many cis men are wanting it but that's another story. This is another very important reason why I want it pointing up though. These "unfortunate" moments rarely happen in public, but they do sometimes happen. If it does, it doesn't last long because I then catch my thoughts and it corrects. But when it does, I want it to be going up and not in some contorted bended position which would be very painful and very embarrassing. I've had it happen at times when I was wearing boxers where my pants became "tented." For this reason, I don't like wearing boxers unless I have on tight (ish) pants that will provide the support that the boxers don't provide.

As for location, if you lay on your back and put your packer squarely resting, evenly against both thighs and your pubic area, exactly center of the three. That's how mine is. It's low on my pelvis, yet not underneath me. If I stand, with my legs together, it's touching, even resting some on my thighs, but then if I move my legs apart, it doesn't fall deeper under. It just stays the same position. The shaft is definitely on the front, but lowest part of my pelvis. The testes are somewhere middle where pelvis meets my underneath.

Hope this helps some. I actually feel useful for the first time in a long while answering this (haven't been handling my own gender issues very well lately). So feel free to message me if you have other questions. I'll try to answer them. I'm cis male but I'm hopelessly female mannered and probably my brain has it's own supply of estrogen hidden somewhere. So I'm not sure my advice is the best on male issues but I can try.

Sarah

Guest ChefErik93

sarah, thank you very much for your response. it was in fact very helpful! you are more than welcome over here in the FTM forums. i too, have little adventures in the MTF section from time to time. i do not believe that they are exclusive of each other. we are a community.

thank you again,

Erik

"obviously with the boxers it will point down but what do i do with it in briefs?"

I find depending on te packer you buy, some claim they hold a natural position, but the cheaper ones like the one I have it kind sticks out too much almost like I'm constantly aroused, if i wear boxers. If i wear briefs or boxer briefs meaning its a bit tight you can put it to the side left or right sligtly. I dunno how to explain. You may want to look at pictures of men in briefs and look at how the bulge looks and try to copy that look. I know. Who wants to see that right? but research is needed sadly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChefErik93

lmao flint...idk why i just say this. that made me laugh! i have done my research like you say and i think i've figured something out that looks normal and feels right.

Thanks,

Erik

I wear mine on my head, i find people look at me a lot. I figure they're just admiring my bulge...

Oh my god you just made me cry laughing!!

:)

oi, penis head, lol! That was funny, i tend to wear tightish pants these days, so the packer stays put and yeh, they need to go quite low, i always dress to the right, as one woman in my chi gung class will testify as she looks at it everytime i walk in the hall - i swear she doesnt know what my face looks like!

• 2 months later...
Guest maxman

I've found longer actually works better. Short packers, because of the material, don't hang, they stick out. Longer ones are easier to tuck under a bit. I have found I'm not able to pack 'up', packers fall forward because of gravity and end up sticking forward. How doesn't this happen with bio penises? I don't understand.. They don't just 'stay' pointing up.. Do guys who wear it up wear super tight underwear? I haven't found any yet that hold it in an 'up' position. I don't understand packing 'up'. And When I put it down a leg, doesn't it show through pants? I've only found one way to do it, and that's straight down and sort of 'under' the testicles.

Any other tips? Anyone with insight on how 'up' or other positions work?

I've actually been working this out for myself. Because the material is silicone, I have to be careful that the bulk of it doesn't fall between my legs. I've been wearing it with the shaft centered, which seems to work well. I don't wear anything tight so it probably doesn't matter all that much.

• 1 month later...
Guest MostlySwell

I ordered my first packer yesterday. Now, I wish I had ordered it express mail! lol I'm packing a sock, though, so I'm good. I came up with a way to make a shaft using "backer rod." That's a product for filling wide gaps in house foundation or other cement, before covering with cement patch. Anyway, I took three pieces, about 3 inches long and wrapped them together with a couple of rubber bands. Then, I put it inside the requisite sock, using the sock as the bulge for testicles. I like having it pointing down along the op part of my thigh. I've seen plenty of guys with their member hanging on one side or the other of their crotch, down the pant leg. The sock I'm using is a thin ankle high sock, which keeps the bulge not-too-prominant.

Gonna go walk the dog around the block for the first time as a man, even if my chest isn't entirely "manly." Just a guy walking my dog. I actually am in a very accepting 'hood. I think the neighbors that I know will not have much of a problem, actually. I'm the block captain and folks appreciate me. I suppose I could be surprised, but I've had a rainbow flag hanging at the front door for a few years and folks like it, even though most are hetero. (Yeah, realized recently I'm hetero too! lol)

Erik, thanks so much for starting this thread--I've been trying to figure this out lately, too. My primary motivation is moving toward standing to pee--I know that's not important to all FTM folks, but it's one of the main ways my brain finally got my attention about my gender issues. I've tried a couple different STPs, and functionally they're in a range of okayish to fine, but aesthetically...not so much. The Mr. Limpy / Packy one is the right size, but the baby bottle nipple setup I got is not comfortable to wear. The silicone one-piece one works fantastic, but even at the smallest size it feels HUGE when I wear it, especially the testicles which seem much too big, heavy, and hard. (Not that I would know, having never touched any IRL.) So I've ordered a five-pack of the Packy and will experiment with making my own until I find a combination that works. On a previous thread about homemade STPs, Johnny suggested removing the testicles when making an STP packer, and I think I may end up doing that, or removing part of them from the back, to make it look & feel right. Also, I think I will probably get a jock strap and modify it to work with whatever setup I end up with. That seems easier to me than trying to make any of the various straps available online work.

Thanks, all, for the helpful input. And for the laughs, Flint. :D

Guest Chaoticperfection

Hi Erik! It took me a while to figure out what worked best for me. But what I have found most comfortable is having to more to the side. Not straight up. If you keep experimenting you will find what naturually feels best to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MostlySwell

I've sewn a layer of fabric on the inside of the pouch of tight-whities and jock straps. That works really well because corn starch on the backside of the packer only goes so far in preventing irritation, I no longer have to deal with the packer falling out when I go to the bathroom and It stays in place, even with exertion. For instance, I marched in Pride Parade yesterday with my packer in the jock strap and then boxer briefs (and slacks) and didn't have to worry at all about it moving. Of course, this system won't work for STPs.

I can work on figuring out how to post a picture if you want to see the pouch by itself. Not me modeling it--which I think may be a bit too personal for my comfort zone and this site. Basically, it's a triangle of fabric sewn along the seams of the jock strap and along the front panel of the briefs up to the elastic.

Anyway, as for placement, it seems to me, with current briefs and jock straps have a more prominent front pouch that doesn't permit being a lefty or righty, with regard to the shaft. Look up men's underwear on amazon for many views.

My packer is a "Mr Right." I love it and even though it's a bit larger than some of the others, it tucks under and really doesn't present as a large bulge. I think men's pants and shorts are made with a bit more room in the groin area to keep things discrete. That's what I'm finding, anyway.