• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Am I transgendered

Guest G_Unit

Guest LizMarie

See, that's the entire point. Even if you are trans doesn't automatically mean you need to transition. As Drea is fond of pointing out, the focus should be on treating your dysphoria. Transition is one way to treat dysphoria (particularly for people with strong dysphoria) but there are often other options too.

Being trans does not mean you have to transition. And in fact, many cross dressers (not all) do have gender dysphoria but simply cross dressing occasionally is sufficient to alleviate the stress.

What I am saying is if you are experiencing gender dysphoria, find a solution that works for you. That is what is important, not whether it's transitioning (or not transitioning). Find your solution. And be open to that solution maybe needing to change with time too. The goal for trans folk is not to transition. The goal is to find a way to live happy lives. Transitioning is just one way to achieve that goal.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daemonkind

I also live around a community of old people, especially this one guy who lives down the hall from me. he's pretty friendly, if you can see past his racism, homophobia, which for him extends to anybody he finds unusual. It is going to be hard for me too. good luck with your journey of self discovery :)