• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rebecca A

Cool Winter Evenings

Guest Rebecca A

Cool Winter Evenings

Everywhere around me,

Things continue,

No matter how it feels to me,

Everyone goes on with their own lives,

Each of us an ant,

Within a galaxy so vast,

With something so large,

You would begin to believe,

It is impossible to fill it up completely,

But with the cool winter air,

And the hue of the city lights,

Reflecting their orange glare off the clouds,

My world could not feel more complete,

As I sit with my whole galaxy,

Wrapped and entwined,

As if predestined,

With someone,

Where I cannot fully explain with words how it feels,

I do know that the galaxy is complete,

My world is full.

- Big thinker that I was, it's fun to look back and see what I was writing about years ago.

-Becca

Guest LilyRose

It's always good to have big thinkers like you and I. I should pull out some of my older poems and post more of which I wrote on here. While the world lives on without us, without us, the world will be meaningless.

Philosophical hugs!
Lily Rose

Guest Rebecca A

yeah, I loved philosophy, read a lot about plato and socrates. love the allegory of the cave.

Guest miss kindheart

At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. ~Plato

:wub::thumbsup:

:wub: vanna

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)

• Just Lee
    • Emily michelle
    • Susan R
    • JJ
    • lauraincolumbia
    • MaryMary
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

HannahM
    Newest Member
    HannahM

1. michelle_kitten
      michelle_kitten
    • Mmindy
      My family members are so wishy washy on the #LGBTQ issue. I've been married to my wife for 44 years next month. I have a lesbian cousin named Vic and her wife is Nancy they have been a couple for 42 years and only married recently. Everyone in the Family proclames love and pride for Vic and Nancy. Six years ago I asked my niece how she and her partner Jan were doing? She gasped with a panicked look and asked how I knew? I said Marcey, anyone looking at your Facebook page can figure that out. She pleaded with me not to out her until she's ready. I said you know most of your cousins already know? Only older family members not on Facebook are in the dark on this, including your parents. I committed to her that when she's ready to come out, I would stand with her. A few months later she asked me to join her and meet with her mom (my sister) and her dad as she came out to them. To say it didn't go well is an understatement. My sister got out the Bible and started praying frantically. Holding my niece I asked how my sister could proclaim love and affection for Vic and Nancy but reject her daughter? She screamed VIC ISN'T MY DAUGHTER! I called them hypocrites and left with niece. My my sister cut off all college funding Marcy and it was more than a year before they spoke. I worked with Marcey and convinced her that she could find funding without her mom and dad becoming a better person than they were. The old wounds are healing with the help of Vic, Nancy and few of my siblings. Now here I sit, the oldest person in my family, ready to push the closet door open declaring my Transgender Issues. I'm fairly sure how my Bible Thumping Sister will react, everyone else will have to prove they're not hypocrites. My son is Battalion Chief with the city fire department where I also use to work. His issues will be complicated. My daughter will want to dress me up and Drag me around to all of her friends places. My wife is a different story. I'm hoping she accepts me and helps me lay out a plan to slowly bring out the feminine side of me. We'll all know in a week or two when I come out to her. In my head, I feel good about telling her, because she was with me when we met Kristtin Beck, and watched her documentary Lady Valor. The discussion we had afterwards was very supportive. Now I'm wanting her to watch the Jenae Marie Kroc documentary Transformer, then I'll pour my heart out to her. Asking for her help me layout a plan to move forward.    Love you all, families included.   Mindy🐛🌈🦋💙💜💓💖
    • Susan R
      The fear is a natural and expected. Few of us can say we didn’t have some apprehension before introducing our true selves to the world. Although, when you do this you will begin to get a strong feeling of empowerment that comes from your inner acceptance. It’s subtle but happens.  Every day, you’ll get up feeling happier than the last and going out into the world will get a little easier each day. In no time, you’ll be so anxious to get on with your day...as yourself Emily michelle. Any looks or mumblings under their breath from others will instantly bounce off you and your confidence will take over.  Then one day, a moment will come and you’ll say to yourself, “Why didn’t I do this earlier?”.
    • KymmieL
      Yep, but I actually had some nice texts from him. No mention of him still being mad at me about things. Tomorrow is my grandson's 5th birthday. I had to make sure all the presents that were sent from Amazon got there.   Kymmie
    • Emily michelle
      I tried to put humor in it and said I was gonna start doing suave commercials lol
    • KymmieL
      Emily, just tell nosy neighbor it is nunya, non of your dang business. As for your brother in law I would just say, I just want to grow out my hair, period end of story. If you don't want to come out at the moment.   Kymmie
    • Emily michelle
      You are 100% correct I need to nip it in the bud. I’ve been getting tired of hiding. My sister said she would be there with me. I’m still just scared for some reason. And I’m afraid I will become the laughing stock of the county.
    • NB Adult
      Exactly, we can't choose our family but thankfully we can choose our friends and in time they will become our family.
    • Susan R
      I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this so suddenly. Things seem to be coming to a head though for you. It’s to be expected as you transition as you know. I put coming out for as long as I possibly could but eventually the time arrives when hiding it much longer is not realistic and more trouble than hiding it. You might ask your sister to be there for support (assuming she would) when you tell him.  The neighbors are a different story. They may start to come up with their own ideas as to what is going on. Sometimes their ideas can be way off and more outlandish than reality so it’s usually better to nip it in the bud before rumors start flying. Just my opinion...take it for what it’s worth.   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Thank you all.  I wasn’t sure as my natural color is a chestnut brown and it looked so foreign to me at first.  Well chestnut brown in my youth. It’s now a crappy grey.  Lol I do intend to do an everyday makeup and take another picture with natural light and I will post these too.   Thank again!❤️❤️❤️
    • Emily michelle
      I hate nosey neighbors too. I can kind of understand her because it’s hard to keep a secret from her husband. My wife and I spend a lot of time with them. He has been asking too mostly about why I haven’t gotten a haircut. I’m pretty afraid on how he will react. What made it even better he asked her about me in front of a whole crowd of people I know.
    • KathrynnCox
      Wow. That’s not cool. Personally I hate nosy neighbors. Mine just complain about my lawn. Right now. I’m so sorry you got cornered. You should be able to come out when you are ready, not someone else’s schedule. 
    • Emily michelle
      My sister just cornered me and asked when I was going to tell her husband. Because he is asking questions and our neighbors are asking questions. Of course the one neighbor is a loud mouth that has no filter. Apparently he asked my sister point blank what is going on with me. So I don’t know I want to come out so bad but I’m scared to death.
    • MaryMary
      I remember when I was a teenager the first years when I felt more intense dysphoria. I was starting my puberty (the wrong one). It felt like a mix of panic and depression. It was like a cloud that was setting in on top of my emotions and feelings. Without really realizing it I went from being relatively happy, listening to pop music and all that to being a trainwreck and just unable to deploy any effort on any projects and listening to very very dark music, suicidal etc etc lol I also remember when my voice changed because I remember the trauma and the panic. In fact I reacted so strongly that my voice didn't actually deepened. Later, doctors said it was because of stress...   Then as an adult, before my coming out it was like a general numbness and felt like I was turned off (like a computer that is turned off). I like the expression "crushing depression" that someone used, that's pretty much it.   Now I relatively don't have a lot but when I feel it it's no longer general numbness and depression. It's more like a knife stab, that sudden feeling you have the first second when you learn a really bad news.   Anyway, that's my way of describing    
    • Susan R
      I can relate to this exact feeling although I never smoked, I have seen the affects on others.  After purging my entire wardrobe, the powerful feeling of ‘accomplishment’ would eventually wear off.  Then, during this state of suppression, the dysphoria would start to kick in, often triggered by singular events...seeing a beautiful woman, seeing a man act chivalrous to a woman, or some similar event. My mind would not relent on those images and the need to dress as myself would increase as it always had. Within a week, I found myself thinking about nothing else but dressing as myself.  Eventually, to calm my mind, I would break down and go shopping.   Acceptance of yourself and who you are seems to be a good way to stop this unproductive, painful and costly cycle...at least this is true in my case.   Susan R🌷
    • Suiraa
      As previously stated, everyone experiences dysphoria differently. I've tried to study mine some to try and understand how it functions. It is like an internal mechanism that is uncomfortable and knows exactly what is causing the discomfort. This discomfort is then translated into impulses that feel very similar to craving something like nicotine (but not quite). One of the things for me is that I will feel discomfort in my body hair and I will have to shave and make myself look pretty. Otherwise I will start to become distracted and irritable. I need to study it way more and I currently consider my understanding of these mental processes to be rather limited.
  • Upcoming Events