• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jennifer T

The Ride

Guest Jennifer T

Reading DianeATL's Dante metaphor, I recalled this that I wrote many years ago, describing a sort of "spiritual ascension" from the place where many reside. But the body remains and thus, the journey continues... So, Diane, in honor of your words:

"The Ride"

In a field of heather green I lie

While the train I rode goes rushing by

I ponder the journey that brought me here

Via sun and darkness, laughter and tear

And I dream of wings by which to fly

Above the clouds, beyond times embrace

I feel the freedom as the winds erase

This chain that binds my body and soul

And demands of me such an exacting toll

And never does Time relent the chase

But here in this moment, of air borne and free

I am allowed to dream what I was meant to be

One of beauty and power and grace designed

A being cultured, perfected, refined

My heart celebrates this truth that I see

A revelation glorious in dance and song

The transformation of spirit for which I do long

An eternity passes and I heave a great sigh

I hear the mighty steam engine rush by

And the cries of those still pressed in the throng

In cars that hold them bound to the ground

Their moment of glory still yet to be found

I call, Come join me and you too can see

The wonder of who you were created to be!

Yet falls deaf amoung the ominous sound

Of the mighty trains screeching and unhalting wheels

Time gives chase, nipping at the heels

Of all who have felt the grasp of her claws

Squelching their song as she gnashes her jaws

Leaving nothing in place of all that she steals.

So I pick myself up and climb back on the train

And rejoin my sojourners in this testing of pain

To be with them when the truth is revealed

The glorious rapture they see as they're healed

And the heart of a friend, the reward that I gain.

- Jennifer T, August 28, 2004

Charlize

That is a lovely poem. It captures a journey i know only too well.

Hugs,

Charlie

That is wonderful, Jennifer. :friends:

Thank you for sharing with us. :welldone:

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest Jennifer T

Thank you, both.

Guest Brenda Hailey

Vey nice poem Jennifer, maybe one day I too can experience the field of heather green.

Guest Jennifer T

Vey nice poem Jennifer, maybe one day I too can experience the field of heather green.

Brenda, there exists a place deep inside where all the beauty and grace reside. A place where none other holds the key, none other beyond you or me. It is there where the heather grows.

:-)

Peace

Guest miss kindheart

That was/ Is beautiful Jennifer

:friends:

Just like thee

:wub: vanna

Guest Jennifer T

That was/ Is beautiful Jennifer

:friends:

Just like thee

What? No verse in return?

Vanna, my dear, now it's your turn.

I shan't be consoled

With praises; silver or gold

It's thy rhyme for which my soul does yearn!

;-)

Thanks for your kind words.

peace

Guest miss kindheart

Jennifer jennifer

How art thou

What you are

U are now

So can you see

See the glee

That is you

And is me

Look above

The flying dove

In your heart

It is pure love

Guest Jennifer T

Dear Vanna, dear Vanna

The Muses do shine

Their favor upon

Your words so sublime

The heart is what matters

The most in the end

And Yours has won you

The respect of a friend.

Peace to you this day.

Guest miss kindheart

A friend a friend

In the end

When o when

Did it begin

Never blue

Always true

I see the friend

Inside of

You :wub:

Guest Jennifer T

Seeds of friendship

Grow well

in the fertile soil of the heart

With the radiant light of joy

And the tears of shared sorrows

To nourish them

They blossom into beautiful flowers.

Guest miss kindheart

I love flowers

Yes i do

They remind me

Yes of you

As they grow

They will show

All the beauty

That they know

Guest Jennifer T

There's a lovely poet named Vanna

Whose words come from Heaven as Manna

She rhymes with her heart

Full of love from the start

And she's pretty good with her grammar...

-cheesy grin-

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• ROGOFOS
    • Adrian Doyle
    • DeeDee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

• Today's Birthdays

1. ironemerson77
      ironemerson77
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Welcome.  Great place you found.  I love it here. ❤️
    • Susan R
      Aiden,  I agree with the others posting here.  You have some serious talent.  Keep doing what you enjoy.  These quick doodles may pay back dividends down the road.   Thank you for sharing, Susan🌷
    • Aidan5
      Thanks man!
    • ToniTone
      That's so sweet! Girl on girl compliments are the best, we're all sisters and need to look out for each other 💕   ~Toni
    • ToniTone
      Welcome ErinElizabeth! Love that name, that's beautiful that your wife is so supportive and helpful, she sounds lovely 💗   ~Toni
    • ToniTone
      I didn't get misgendered at work today! I wore foundation in addition to my usual eye and lip makeup, and though (to me anyway) subtle, it seemed to make a difference! I waahed it off before bed, but I'll do it again and take a pic tomorrow so I can get your thoughts... 
    • RH+/-
      Thank You both for the replies!    I haven't considered the downloadable pamphlets, because she doesn't speak english (there isn't too much information about this in our country) , and I thought it was enough what I was explaining to her, but I might be saying something wrong, or she might misunderstood me somehow. I don't know yet, so I'm gonna try again.  I'm gonna post an introduction soon, and I'd like to interact with the people here. I found transgender people are one of the most patient and nicest people out there, so thank you for blindly accepting me! :)    Heiko
    • Adrian Doyle
      Thanks so much for the advice! I  just talked to my parents about cutting my hair, and they seem cool with the wig idea too!  ٩( ᐛ )و
    • Adrian Doyle
      They’re all so cool! Keep up the amazing work!
    • Lucca
      I got some makeup that was serviceable but pretty crappy from Amazon by just blindly guessing what would work for me, but later after I came out to some friends they went shopping with me at Macy's where a very friendly attendant matched with some makeup, did my whole face, and gave me some samples to keep using before I bought anything. Are you out to anyone who could take you yet? It's way less intimidating if you're not going by yourself.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, JoniSteph.  I hope that you find all the answers you need and all the encouragement you desire in these forums and among our terrific members.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • NB Adult
      There you go, you're already on a roll!
    • Aidan5
      I do have comic ideas in mind. But for some friends I might start being their concept artist, they said they would pay me. That's the goal
    • OliverPerry
      My current therapist (not specialized in gender identity issues) is the first and only person I've shared the daily struggle I face with my body .  She tried to understand me at first but dismissed it after only two sessions. Her reason: my posture wasn't "manly" enough to qualify as FTM. Many of my hobbies fit the "male" category though, that is the "geeky male" category not the all "macho" one. I don't like sports but I'm quite into gaming and comic books. However, like many, I also enjoy non "gender specific activities" of course. I don't act "manly" so it is easy for me to hide the fact that I'm not ok with my female body. The way I move and speak hide my male self. My posture is shy and awkward and my vocal cords only seem to produce girly sounds. I wish my voice was deeper but it isn't. I'm a bloody soprano leggero, which is rather high. With vocal lessons though, my voice has dropped but just slightly so, it's still very girl-like. I'm not into skirts or dresses, I attempted to be but ended up going back to pants. I like t-shirts with images from movies and games but I also like skinny trousers with prints.  What kills me ends up being the way I move and talk. My awkward, shy and geeky self makes people perceive me simply as a quirky girl.  I've been experience body dysphoria ever since I was 12 (I'm 24 now). Still, my therapist didn't believe I could be trans because I don't "act like a man" and the fact that I've never felt attraction towards a girl and like blokes instead didn't help me much.   I don't believe you have to fit the male stereotype to qualify. So what if your tastes aren't all considered "guy tastes"? If you feel miserable in a female body, no matter your interests, there's indeed a possibility you might be FTM.   I've scheduled an appointment with a therapist who specializes in this matters and I'm hoping to finally be properly heard. Maybe you could do the same. I think it could help you clarify your situation. I find it a bit scary though. I'm afraid it'll make me go into an even darker place. Still, I believe it must be done. Think about it. No rush.    I hope this helped a bit. I really wouldn't discard the possibility. I know cis guys who share many interests, no matter what gender this interests are normally associated with.
    • NB Adult
      Do you have plans as a book or comic illustrator? Writers and businesses pay illustrators well and I'm sure there are many venues that would appreciate your talents.
  • Upcoming Events