• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Solace

Guest Jennifer T

Guest Jennifer T

Moments of lucidity from a cyclist (Why I ride):

In the serenity of early dawn

The miles pass unencumbered

The painting begins

The bike is my medium

The asphalt my canvas

With each mile

Another stroke is added

Another wash applied

I lose myself in the intricacy of the effort;

The simplicity of space

The painting unfolds

And within it, I exist.

-Jennifer T, June 2002

Peace

Guest Jennifer T

One of the real blessings in my life is that I love being out doors. Cycling and hiking are two of my favorite things to do. And the beauty of it is, for me, that neither the wilderness nor my bikes give one hoot whether I'm a man or a woman. When I ride, I simply ride. When I hike, I hike. And those are times when my heart is truly at peace.

Guest Brenda Hailey

Yes Jennifer I can relate to this one pretty well.

I live in the Lake Tahoe region of Nevada with some of the most beautiful wilderness on earth.

I did quite a bit of mountain biking in the past until the bad habits caught up with me,I am seriously thinking about getting another Mountain Bike and getting the rest of the way to my weight and health goal.

I am down to 195 from 250 and think a bike would certainly help take off the rest down to 170 where I belong. Plus like you I love going to the mountains and just being me, I cant tell you how many times I have been hiking in the spring and summer, picking flowers and making necklaces and bracelets out of them to wear for the day. :wub:

Its the one place I can go and not feel bad or out of place for being me,nature doesnt care who I am.

Transition can simply mean regaining something about yourself you liked and lost.

I want to start painting beautiful pictures of my own again.

Brenda Hailey

Guest Jennifer T

Brenda, I have spent time Mtn Biking in CA and NV. And yes, I've ridden at Tahoe. Did the flume trail with a group of friends. And it was an amazing ride!!! It was Autumn, the Aspens were blazing yellow against the evergreen backdrop. The lake was azure and the day could not have been more perfect for a ride!!! And when we finished and were driving out, it snowed like crazy!!!

Sometimes, I miss those days. :-)

Guest Brenda Hailey

Brenda, I have spent time Mtn Biking in CA and NV. And yes, I've ridden at Tahoe. Did the flume trail with a group of friends. And it was an amazing ride!!! It was Autumn, the Aspens were blazing yellow against the evergreen backdrop. The lake was azure and the day could not have been more perfect for a ride!!! And when we finished and were driving out, it snowed like crazy!!!

Sometimes, I miss those days. :-)

I have had all four seasons in one day like that before too,,,,,it is crazy :lol: