• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jennifer T

Solace

Guest Jennifer T

Moments of lucidity from a cyclist (Why I ride):

In the serenity of early dawn

The miles pass unencumbered

The painting begins

The bike is my medium

The asphalt my canvas

With each mile

Another stroke is added

Another wash applied

I lose myself in the intricacy of the effort;

The simplicity of space

The painting unfolds

And within it, I exist.

-Jennifer T, June 2002

Peace

Guest Jennifer T

One of the real blessings in my life is that I love being out doors. Cycling and hiking are two of my favorite things to do. And the beauty of it is, for me, that neither the wilderness nor my bikes give one hoot whether I'm a man or a woman. When I ride, I simply ride. When I hike, I hike. And those are times when my heart is truly at peace.

Where's the "Like" button again?giggle

:welldone: Jennifer.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest Brenda Hailey

Yes Jennifer I can relate to this one pretty well.

I live in the Lake Tahoe region of Nevada with some of the most beautiful wilderness on earth.

I did quite a bit of mountain biking in the past until the bad habits caught up with me,I am seriously thinking about getting another Mountain Bike and getting the rest of the way to my weight and health goal.

I am down to 195 from 250 and think a bike would certainly help take off the rest down to 170 where I belong. Plus like you I love going to the mountains and just being me, I cant tell you how many times I have been hiking in the spring and summer, picking flowers and making necklaces and bracelets out of them to wear for the day. :wub:

Its the one place I can go and not feel bad or out of place for being me,nature doesnt care who I am.

Transition can simply mean regaining something about yourself you liked and lost.

I want to start painting beautiful pictures of my own again.

Brenda Hailey

Guest Jennifer T

Brenda, I have spent time Mtn Biking in CA and NV. And yes, I've ridden at Tahoe. Did the flume trail with a group of friends. And it was an amazing ride!!! It was Autumn, the Aspens were blazing yellow against the evergreen backdrop. The lake was azure and the day could not have been more perfect for a ride!!! And when we finished and were driving out, it snowed like crazy!!!

Sometimes, I miss those days. :-)

Guest Brenda Hailey

Brenda, I have spent time Mtn Biking in CA and NV. And yes, I've ridden at Tahoe. Did the flume trail with a group of friends. And it was an amazing ride!!! It was Autumn, the Aspens were blazing yellow against the evergreen backdrop. The lake was azure and the day could not have been more perfect for a ride!!! And when we finished and were driving out, it snowed like crazy!!!

Sometimes, I miss those days. :-)

I have had all four seasons in one day like that before too,,,,,it is crazy :lol:

Guest miss kindheart

Always a pleasure reading your poems Jennifer

:wub: vanna

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 151 Guests (See full list)

• Connor42
    • nitehwk
    • A. Dillon
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Hellothere
    • Crystal92
    • MaryEllen
    • Jamie231
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

CD Katrina
    Newest Member
    CD Katrina

1. AnddyWillBeOkay
      AnddyWillBeOkay
    2. Stephaniew
      Stephaniew
      (53 years old)
    • A. Dillon
      I am in a high school that is not totally known for its trans acceptance, but hasn't had any attacks or anything. I am part of the SAGA club (sexuality and gender alliance) there, and it is not like I am super closeted. However, I just can't seem to work up the courage to tell anyone but a very small, close knot group of friends that I am ftm and/or bi. People will just say she/her, and while my euphoria screams "say something!!", my anxiety retorts with "dig yourself a hole and just live there!!" I could realy use some advice on how to get over this.
    • A. Dillon
      Well, since I also wanted to share a bit more about myself: I am bisexual, with a lesbian twin, which makes things a little interesting. She is very involved in the community, being an administrator of her school's pride club. I kinda got into it because of her, which is kind of how I learned that I was trans. Now I am trying to navigate my transition, both physical and social, with quite a bit of resistance from my parents. My mom yells at me whenever I correct her for saying she/her, calling me her daughter or by my deadname. My dad has just kind of taken a break from talking to me, and he is not taking all of this very well. Any advice?   
    • Astrid
      OMG, I'm gonna need an extra hour of exercise just from reading that!!  🍪😎
    • A. Dillon
      My cousin just sent me this, in reference to me asking how my grandma was dealing with me coming out as trans:   Grandma said that she is supportive and that it's not a choice, it's how you were born and whatever makes you more comfortable. If you really feel like you were meant to be Dillion, then Dillion you will be. She is very supportive. When we are wrapping your one gift grandma picked the specific one because it says "you will never outgrow my heart." And grandma said "I want to write Dillion's name on it because I want him to know that I will be there for him."    And before, I was scared she might disown me! Still haven't mentioned that I'm bi, but plan to soon.
    • NB Adult
      Such wonderful advice from you both, my heart goes out to Belle but I think you both have so much more to offer her in terms of much more recent experience. My kids are in their late 40's and early 50's, so there's been a lot of water under the bridge since I began transition and they were in their 20's then so it was just kind of who cares on their part.
    • TammyAnne
      That's supposed to say "thank you for your service." I have no idea how the other letters and words appeared. Haunted tablet I guess.
    • TammyAnne
      Thanks know you for your service, Laura!
    • TammyAnne
      Many years ago I was faced with staying in a marriage that was slowly killing me - for the children's sake - or leaving and trying to build a safe space for my children away from their mother. It was very difficult but I chose to leave rather than suffer "for the children" knowing that staying only demonstrated for them what an unhealthy relationship looked like. For nearly a decade it seemed like a disaster, my children taking their anger out on me for hurting their mommy. Then they grew up, made adult decisions, began to appreciate the safe space away from their controlling, clinging, smothering mother. I have a very good relationship with one child. A not very good relationship with the other, who was damaged emotionally by "mommy". None of those outcomes were predictable from the initial decision I made, nor were they indicated by the first decade after my decision. Presuming you decide to do what is best for you - whatever that might be - stay focused on making a good life and creating a good environment for your children. Even if it seems futile, there will come a time... TA
    • SaraAW
      Busy day today. Went to my wife’s MS Christmas luncheon, did some grocery shopping and just finished baking several dozen cookies. Made triple chocolate Nutella stuffed cookie with macadamia nuts. Tomorrow I make some Turtle cookies. It’s for a baking competition at work on Monday. I haven’t baked in quite some time. Forgot how much I enjoy it. I hope everyone had a good day. *hugs*
    • Carolyn Marie
      Please remember not to post any identifying information on the open forums, and be extremely careful what information you share.  If you do meet with anyone you met online, please do so in a safe, public space, sans alcohol, and people you trust know where you will be, with whom, and for how long.  If TP staff feel that anything in this thread violates policy, it will be removed.   Carolyn Marie
    • Jani
      Thanks!
    • Laura76
      Belle and Jani,   Thank you both. I have ordered the book on Amazon.   Laura76
    • Laura76
      Air Force May 1977-May 1980 Oregon Air National Guard 1982-1983 California Air National Guard 1982-1987
    • KymmieL
      Well thought today was going to be a better day than it turned out. Work went fine,even getting the front room freight put away before I opened the the door. took about 20 min to do. Good thing Sat is a light freight day. However the backroom freight was still in the cart when I left. The downer I looked into trading my 99 Explorer on a 06 Wrangler.  Didn't have enough to put down. God I hate car dealers.      Debra, glad it worked out for you at the funeral. May she rest in peace.   Kymmie
    • Jackie C.
      Oh, that's exhilarating, scary and wonderful all at once. My first trip out as myself was to the gas station. Not glamorous, I know. After that was the grocery store. That was about when I realized I needed to work on my voice a bit harder. It's lovely now, but I got some weird looks at first.   Have fun with it! Again, don't dwell. Nothing good comes of dwelling.   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events