• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SouthernBelle

The Bottle's Caress

Guest SouthernBelle

In love,

So in love

Since I've now found myself

But, still,

Just beat

For the medicine's stealth

Two times

The mirror held me

Twice!

Yes, twice I've written this rhyme

And

Aside from the known

Lives the all-knowing bottle

That begs me and carries me home

In push, I am all just alone

Guest Jennifer T

Belle, I hear your cry. Your words offer the struggle of your beauty against the Bottle.

Poignant and lovely.

I offer this poem I wrote many years ago to this same issue. I was also playing with alliteration as I wrote it:

"Acolyte”

Consider the bottle

Deceptive, ephemeral;

Enticing

Inviting redemption.

Who inhabits the chapel of the lost?

Who visits the tabernacle of the tormented?

And hears the dirge of the depraved?

In aqueous requiem I sang the psalm of the inebriated

And offered approbation at the gilded altar of Neon.

Now in corpulent solitude I contemplate

And proffer penance for the iniquity of the inane

And lifting the chalice of the profane

I seal my discipleship..."

- Jennifer T May 23, 2003

Guest Jennifer T

I'd also like to say a few words to you here.

I've always felt in control with drinking. If I got drunk, it was because I fully intended on getting drunk. When I needed to set the bottle aside, I did. When I drink, I laugh at everything. The world is lighter and I let Jennifer out a little - her playfulness, her humor, and her vulnerability. But I always control where, how and with whom.

That said, in these later years of my life, it beckons me. I feel the pull as soon as I get home.

Here's the problem, I have a health issue for which I am quite sure alcohol is not beneficial. At least, not in excess. And I do not like the fact that anything can control me.

I did drink a lot this weekend. But I am paying the piper today.

I do not want to be controlled. Not like this.

I need to walk away from it.

Guest Brenda Hailey

Ya,ll wanna go drinkin with me some time?

The Caress.

A little here a little there a little

The myth of control

Whispered in your ear

Another caress its power yours to behold

Pleasure divine

Sweet as touch

Forever assuring

Another caress is never to much

Contrary notions

Buried in taste

Chest subtly burning

Another caress with forever to waste

Numbness, affirming it place

Invoking splendor and smiles

Lulled by the glow

Another caress comparing pain to its grace

Temptation secured

Voice unusually robust

Heart invulnerable

Another caress courage confirmed.

Dancing in hell

Your promise declared

Consuming inhibition

Another caress for endless vice

Feelings mere platitudes

Lifes hopes, banality

Desire always giving way

Another caress for another day

Acrimony slowly creeps in

Smoke filled eyes

Apparent dimmed light

Another caress will make it alright

Resentment strikes

Resound condemnation

Falls loudly on deaf ears

Another caress for all the lost years

Truculence crashes in

Belligerence to settle the score

Obscure now the reason to fight

Another caress into the darkness of night

Lament aspirations

Never to fulfill

Dreams all undreamt

Another caress the enormity may it kill

Penetrate hopelessness

Calling its right

No way out

Another caress your essence now trite

Tears in sorrow

Expose the wretchedness of soul

Loathing, perfectly just

Another caress for the ugliness you've shown

Disgust flowing purposely

Abhorrence is destiny

Revulsion strength

Another caress for estrangement to self

Sad songs endorsing the game

Sway in compliance

Yours is much worse

Another caress for one more play

Light burst in

Piercing the bottle

Its time to say when

Another caress to start the day new

Prostrate now

Given to your plight

Knowing the dance was all true

Another caress wishing it wasnt all you.

Rest for the wicked

Time enough to renew

Just a few more hours

Another caress will get you through

Time spent in your glory

Work hard to forget

Pretenses bolstered

Another caress is waiting for you.

Cheers

Guest Jennifer T

I like it Brenda. It portends progression.

Guest miss kindheart

Finding onesself is a great accomplishment

Hang one to that and it will last you a lifetime

Nice poetry Belle

<<< hug >>>

:wub: vanna

Charlize

The poetry of the bottle became a living hell for me. I put the cork back years ago and yet the spirits within can still sing a song that sweetly says come home, like the sweet smell of death. I'm free for today but remember the thoughts and romance held by rotten fruit.

Hugs,

Charlize

gennee

The poetry of the bottle became a living hell for me. I put the cork back years ago and yet the spirits within can still sing a song that sweetly says come home, like the sweet smell of death. I'm free for today but remember the thoughts and romance held by rotten fruit.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize, thank God the chain was broken. You're truly free now.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • KayC
    • MaryEllen
    • Liam da potato
    • Jackie C.
    • Shay
    • RunValRun
    • Billy
    • MiraM
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Flux3on
    Newest Member
    Flux3on

1. CreepyConfusedKid
      CreepyConfusedKid
      (14 years old)
    2. Jamie james
      Jamie james
      (51 years old)
    3. Jennaroxie
      Jennaroxie
      (34 years old)
    4. Trichakra
      Trichakra
      (41 years old)
    • Jackie C.
      Joan Jett is awesome, so yeah, perfectly understandable.   Hugs!
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Kylie!  so happy to hear that everything went so well and your recovery is going smoothly.  You're an inspiration to everyone here❣️
    • Jackie C.
      T-Shirt bras are super soft and comfy. There's a bit of give in them too, so that's lovely. Good choice! Doesn't come in my size though. <pout>   Hugs!
    • Shay
      That is super great news. I am excited for you. I am waiting for news therapist to get my referral letter and want to see if my old psych will also help me. Congrats. Shay
    • Jackie C.
      Hey @TransMex! I'm glad to see that you're still with us.   Real talk? That's your depression gnawing at your ear. It makes it harder to focus. It makes it hard to love yourself. It makes it hard to pursue your dreams. I get it. I've been where you are. You feel hopeless. Alone. Afraid. You just want to put your burden down. You need the hurting to stop. I let that go on until I was forty-eight. Don't do that, it was a terrible idea.   So yeah, the first steps are the hardest. You need to be talking to a therapist. They don't have to be a gender therapist. That would be ideal, but learning to love yourself is a very important step on your journey. I realize that the depression makes it very hard to take care of yourself, but that first step: Talking to a therapist, helped a lot. Hormones helped a little more. Every step made things just a little better. It got a little easier to take care of myself. It got a little easier to pursue my dreams again. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting better. Every little step helps. After you force yourself to take that first step, every step after comes just a little easier.   HRT should help with the mental static too. Once you can think again, it will be easier for you to plan and work towards your goals. In the meantime, we're always here if you need to talk, OK?   I can see that pretty girl looking back at me in the mirror more often than not. It's a great feeling. I want you to have that feeling too.   Hugs!
    • Sophie Watson
      I actually did get the Diagnosis I was expecting!    I made a video about the experience which is here      But obviously any questions you have I'm happy to answer here no matter how personal.  
    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex your only 27. I didn't start to full transition until 3year ago. I am 57. Your young which is the best time I think to start transition. I am not sure if you are American Citizen or not. Your grammar is well verse. But if you are and you live in Cali. I would look at trying to get on The Affordable  Care Health plan or Obama ( Heath Care L.A) plan . They will pay for HRT , Gender therapist  and if you qualify they will pay up to 80% of all your surgeries , which included, Female Fascial Feminization , Vocal, Breast and you bottom.  Regardless, Hardest part ( for me) in my transition is moving forward, not giving up or in to my  dysphoria. The easiest  part is giving up. Be safe, BE Proud and KICK ASS
    • VickySGV
      Sad that it happened, good that some justice is being done, and there will be some closure.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.fox5dc.com/news/montgomery-county-man-pleads-guilty-in-killing-of-transgender-woman     Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      Southwestern University School Of Law, (Los Angeles)  also 1974. 
    • VickySGV
      This page on Trans Pulse was developed to address your need @HollyNoel   https://www.transgenderpulse.com/clothing-size-charts/   At least it is a start. 
    • HollyNoel
      Thank you Sara. You are an angel. I will check the websites to see if they have fittings.
    • HollyNoel
      Elizabeth, i really do like your name. It's so pretty. Anyway thanks for the heads up, I wonder if Target carries my size. Would be sweet to pick up several bras and matching panties. Thank you so much
    • HollyNoel
      SaraAW, the band fit nice around the rib cage. It wasn't snug so I'm guessing it might have been a bit too big but not by much I think. I could get 3 fingers between the band and my chest. The cups were definitely to big. My breast wasn't even clots to filling either one. The calculated said 54DD was my recommended bra. I'm thinking that since walmart has fitting rooms maybe if I explain to the attendant maybe she will let me try on a few different sizes. I can ask, all they can do is say no and if that happens I'll just buy a couple and return them if they don't fit. Most business like to work with trans people and the ones that don't like trans people do work with us out of fear of getting sued. So the next time I'm in Wal-Mart I'm going to grab a few that I like and ask the attendant.
    • TransMex
      Hello everyone. Sorry for not responding to everyone this time. My mind is a mess these days and whenever I start to write things I seem to think of a hundred different things at once. The one tought that is consistent in my mind is suicide. The one thing that keeps repeating in my head is to kill myself, kill myself, kill myself. I seem to be trying to convince myself to do it.   I can't bring myself to feel hope anymore. Whenever I cry I get no catharsis I only sink deeper. I don't think I can get the things I want the most anymore, and I don't think I'm strong enough to get the money I need for surgeries to try and make a future with what I can have. I don't know if life has anything to offer me anymore. Or maybe it's me that won't manage to get anything out of it, because I am weak and lazy. Either way there's nothing left in this world for me.   I'm sorry everyone, for constantly ignoring your words of encouragement and your reminders that women look many different ways. I'm doing my best to move forward at least a little, I'm currently waiting to get the results of my tests. I should get them on monday, and then I'll be able to schedule an appointment with the endocrinologist I found and maybe start hormones. But I feel just as hopeless as before even when I think about that. It's my face. It's just that I'm convinced that the hormones won't be able to fix it and that I can't live as a woman with it. Why am I so obsessed with this? The greatest wish in my heart is to look like the women I see on twitter and outside but it seems to be the one thing that has been denied to me. Why do I feel like I cannot go on living because I can't have that? It's not like I want to be the most beautiful woman in the world or anything I just don't want to look like this. I don't want this face. I want to look like my cousins. Like my aunts. Like my mother.   I should be working so hard to at least try to get close to that, even if I get it when I'm 27 it's better than never getting anything at all, right? It's just that I can never seem to get myself to do anything but waste my time looking for things to entertain my mind instead. I just waste all of my time instead of working for the little hope I have. But when I start thinking about how much I wish I had spent at least the last few years as a young woman and how much I wish I'd worn dresses and cute clothes as a kid and how unlikely it seems that I'll look even close to the way I want, I can't bear those toughts and I start wishing I wasn't alive, and I start trying to convince myself to end my suffering. And so I run away constantly instead. Or maybe I am simply one of the laziest people in the world. I tell myself the reason I've not achieved anything so far is because I've been carrying these feelings all my life but I don't know if that's true. Maybe I am just lazy and so I have not achieved anything nor will I ever achieve anything. Sorry for the wall of text, like I said my mind starts thinking of a hundred different things when I start writing here.
  • Upcoming Events