Charlize

Trans AA Skype or Zoom Meetings

Charlize   
Charlize

I just wanted the folks here who have or think they may have a drinking problem that there are at this point 3 AA transgendered Skype meetings available. The times are Thursday at 9:00 eastern, Saturday at 6:00 eastern and Monday at 7:00 eastern. I have found them to be wonderful with MTFs and FTMs from all around the word in real time meetings. It is also possible to not turn on a camera if one is worried about privacy.

I am not the only person from Laura's who attends. If going to real life straight meeting is difficult these meetings offer a great alternative. To join us please an e-mail to: http://lists.oso-aa....istinfo/tggroup . You will be sent links to join us. or PM me here at Laura's and i'll help.

Hope to see you there.

Hugs,

Charlize

Michelle 2010   
Michelle 2010

Might want to see if you can get this pinned?

I agree it's a wonderful opportunity to engage with sisters and brothers from far and wide...

Michelle

JenniferB   
JenniferB

I might go to the one on Saturday, Thursday is definitely out of the question. Besides, my looks have changed. ;)

Jenny

Charlize   
Charlize

Our looks are not as important as our desire for sobriety which is good for me.

Hugs,

Charlize.

Guest Myles99   
Guest Myles99

You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has been automatically rejected. If you think that your messages are being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at tggroup-owner@oso-aa.org.

Charlize   
Charlize

Thank you Myles and welcome to the forums at Laura's. It has been several years since i joined the tg aa group. Hopefully i'll see or hear you there. You might want to post in the introduction forum here and get to meet some others. After 5 posts you can PM anyone with over 5 posts.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Myles99   
Guest Myles99

I can't get to the tg aa group. my email was rejected i guess. sad face

Myles FtM 34 Alcoholic of 20 or so years, looking for support. Thanks

Charlize   
Charlize

I will write to Stuart (not our Stu) and see if we can work this out. Sorry that you haven't gotten through but I am glad you are trying.

With any luck we will get you there.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize   
Charlize

Myles go to this link and simply ask to join the e-mail group. http://lists.oso-aa.org/mailman/listinfo/tggroup Once you have joined write a note to Stuart about joining in with Skype. Sorry i wasn't correct on the link in an earlier post. i fixed that one as well.

Hope you will join us.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize   
Charlize

Our real time face to face on line trans* groups have gotten bigger than Skype can handle so we are using a different program to get together as we did before. The link above will bring you to us if your interested. You can be up with a live picture or not and like any meeting you can share or not depending on how you feel.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize   
Charlize

This group has expanded to have a Monday Zoom literature meeting at 7 eastern as well as the 6 pm Sat BB meeting and the Thursday 9 pm topic discussion meeting.

Hope to see you and hear you there or if you wish you can simply monitor without sharing or being visible.

Hugs,

Charlize

MariPosa   
MariPosa

Thanks Charlize, I signed up. Excited to meet with others.

Charlize   
Charlize

Looking forward to hearing and or seeing you at some meetings.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize   
Charlize

The online f2f on the internet trans* meeting has outgrown Skype.  We are now meeting on Zoom.  We have also added a new literature meeting on Mondays at 7 eastern.  During the week there is a forum like meeting on line as well.  This is a wonderful opportunity to join an AA meeting if you are isolated or unable for whatever reason to attend in person meetings.  We have both audio and video of each member of the group but if your shy you can also simply be a fly on the wall.  Many of us feel that way at first.  Laughter and happiness can be part of life as well as the serious problem of finding relief from our addiction.

The link to get started if you are interested is:  6 posts above this one.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize   
Charlize

If you think you might have a problem with alcohol you may well find these meetings helpful.  The list serve goes out to over a hundred trans* alcoholics.  Our Zoom meetings  have up to a dozen folks in real time, able to speak and see each other if they wish.  We have everyone in the spectrum represented with one purpose.  To help each other with sobriety.

Hugs,

Charlize