• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The peace in me

(I wanted to share this one on this forum)

You would not have believed me if I had wispered to you that great war soldiers are still in their tranches. They are waiting the next assault, the one that will open some breaches. They were waiting on that assault from the germans, but it never came. They waited for so long, they are no longer in that right time frame. Birthdays were given, mothers gave birth to childrens, love has long taken over the earth from the no man's land. Branches, like little a girl smiles, overshadow their positions.

Anachronistic in their routines, the soldiers have just now realised that they are no longer welcome. It's sitting on an old tree stomp, calmly making touch up on my makeup, that I read this poem to them. I see them get up in front of me and dispose of their weapons. Yes, now that they see me, a woman, that looks at them... they realize. The war is over!

I'm there in front of them, the one they came to protect. I'm outside, two feet in that no man's land surrounded by germans and I laugh with them. If the trouble must live somewhere, may it live at my place. I give the soldiers the keys to my house and I wisper to them : you can go home.

All is over, the war was won, the artillery bombardment are long gone. I'm proud of getting out and send postal cards of the monumental happyness that i've built in me. I'm fragile without those soldiers, fragile yet very strong.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest miss kindheart

Hi Solique,

<< hug >>>

you are a very good poet,

I am sorry to say this , but i feel i have to

Please don't let my words offend you

But well , I think you should have left out the part about the Germans

Just doesn't sit well , sorry

Wiyh love from

:wub: Vanna