• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest With Faith Or Flames

Pray For Me

I am going on a missons trip with my class to the dominican republic for our school trip this year. ( I go to a christian school) Please pray for me and my class. We really want to see God's will done. Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Guest Elizabeth K

You have my prayers and wishes for a safe and productive trip. May GOD bless you, your class, your chaparones and administrators, and especially the people you will hopefully touch and make a difference to in their lives.

Sally

I will pray for you and all on your mission trip as well as all of the poor people suffering in the Dominican Republic, hopefully your visit will make a difference for some of them.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear Faith,

My prayers are with you!!

Always,

bernie

Guest S. Chrissie

Dear Faith,

May Christ be with you on your trip there and may He work through you and all the participants to touch the Lives of the ones you will encounter. :)

Sherlyn

Thanks for your support everybody! we leave tomorrow morning!

I just got back in the U.S. The trip was so amazing!

Guest Elizabeth K

Whew - glad you had a safe trip - now tell us ALLLLLLL about it...

Lizzy

Guest Jackson

I'd like to hear about it too please. I've always wanted to go on a medical mission to Haiti.

Sally

As you can tell we want details!

Glad that you had a good trip.

Love ya,

Sally

Well as soon as we got to the dominican republic my class, the chaperones and I went to a boys orphanage. Their we bonded with the boys and I played catch with a few of them. Then after that we went to an all girls orphanage where we put skits with messages about jesus and the girls sang for us and showed us their rooms. That was the first day. Throughout the week we went to a few churches and schools. I gave my testimony about three times in three different churches. It touched many people and it allowed myself to be more open with my classmates and I got closer to them. Before then i had only interacted with a select few people in my class. We also visited the poorest village in the area and spent time with the kids there. I played baseball and soccer with the boys there. The girls in my class painted some of the kids faces and got their hair braided by the village locals. One day there was also a medical clinic there and for the first time some of the kids learned how to brush their teeth. While we were there I remember seeing a little boy about 2 or 3 years old with nothing but a shirt on. His family was too poor to afford shoes, socks, or pants for him. It was quite heartbreaking. The trip in itself was quite life changing and very interesting at the same time. I am a completely different person.

Sally

Sometimes we forget what not having anything really means.

We get upset because we can't afford a new blouse or start the hormones tomorrow because of a lack of cash.

Look at the people with no food and not enough clothing, forget about style or grnder appropriate.

We really don't have life that bad do we?

I am so glad that you made this trip and told us about it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

When I was in college, a friend of mine worked with the USA government on a joint project in Mexico, counting migratory birds during the summer.

He was headquatered in a small Mexican village, way off track from the tourist haunts. He said the poorest person he knew in the USA was wealthier than the richest person in that villiage.

That make you think. We are so blinded by our live style opportunities in the USA.

Glad you came back safe - I was thinking it might somehow affect you the way it did.

Lizzy

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 228 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • MetaLicious
    • VickySGV
    • Aidan5
    • Lady Ayu
    • ToniTone
    • Jackie C.
    • Astrid
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Danielle702
    Newest Member
    Danielle702

1. Alisande
      Alisande
      (30 years old)
    2. Sammy Red
      Sammy Red
      (26 years old)
    3. WorldMeetCaden
      WorldMeetCaden
      (35 years old)
    • Lady Ayu
      Hello hello everyone!!   It's been a little while but I'm still doing fine!! My transition is moving on along and i am really starting to blossom :3   Recent labs from my Endo lead to some adjustments to the meds; I am so thankful to have an endo that's watching out for me. I am actually at my endo's right now; they are a little backed up so I'm in a lil queue.   Work is kinda crazy right now as many upper management have left and so openings are available. I have applied for one of them; they are done with interviews but are dragging their feet on the results   Yall!! I finally went out with my friends to that bar we love; it took forever for the stars to align but last weekend, they did and we went! I wanted to look extra cute so I threw on some heels; 3 inches nothing too crazy but i was getting complements all night long! We all had so much fun! Can't wait to go again!   I gave my blog some love with a few new posts and I aspire to add more posts more frequently, but i don't want to force it. I'm gonna do the best I can!!   If you haven't checked it out yet that address is:   iamyuuseria.blogspot.com   Check it out if you want to :3   Well she sounds like she is about ready so i am gonna end it here. I will try to post again soon!! Love you all, keep on being awesome :3   ~Mayumi~  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      This both made me giggle and admire you all in one shot. Thank you!
    • MetaLicious
      Congratulations!  I'm excited for you.   Count me in the good mood crowd.  Last week, I had painted my nails for the first time in almost three decades, and my wife and son surprised me by bringing me several colors of really good polish, plus some eyeliner (she said I'd look hot in it!).  I also did some clothes shopping this weekend, and re-discovered something I'd managed to forget over the years - womens' clothes fit me better than mens'! Like, every time I'd by a pair of pants, they'd need hemming because there just aren't many 5'2" guys out there.  I grab a couple of pairs of pants from the ladies section (thank you. TransPulse size guide!), and they fit perfectly!   I am so full of *squee!* right now... 
    • KathyLauren
      I switched cold turkey.  I stood up, in male mode, at the weekly coffee gathering and announced that I would be transitioning, starting immediately.  The following week, I showed up with my wig on.  I didn't see any point in pretending I was growing it out: I didn't have enough on top to grow out, and everyone knew it.  So they all knew it was a wig.  I didn't care: I looked good.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I definitely like the idea of moving from short man hair to longer female hair but not in one weekend.  I may do this with the cheaper ones as I have been impressed with the quality and real look they have.  It could get me into a slightly longer one a couple months down the line and so on and so on.  Until I go and have the expensive wig shop set me up with a more "permanent" wig. (Yes I know they can wear out)
    • KathyLauren
      Yes, I should have mentioned that, it's in the UK.  I was born in Northern Ireland, so I have to follow British rules and procedures to get my birth certificate changed.  I won't bother with school diplomas.  The only one worth changing would be my university degree.  But I'm retired, so I won't be submitting resumes anywhere: no one is going to care. 
    • MetaLicious
      My wife suggested I keep a journal shortly after I came out to her.  I can't claim any real diligence in my journaling, but I try to write something at least once a week.  If I could transmit thouhts about what I'd like to write directly to  my journal, I'd probably have several volumes by now.  Raising two young children while being the family caregiver leaves me thinking about writing far more often than I actually have time for.   @TammyAnne, I am so sorry to hear that.  It breaks my heart to think of such a violation...
    • ShawnaLeigh
      OMG I am so sorry you had that spill.  I do things like this all the time now.  I use to be a very well coordinated and prefect balanced person.  Now I am a mess some days.   I hope it heals fast.  Fingers suck to break too.  I've had all 8 fingers broken in one shot one summer as a kid.  Tried to Evil Kenevil something way to far with my bike and went over the handle bars.  LOL   My day is going along fast due to be busy at work  Mondays always are here.  Though it is good with my appointment later to check out this dang uninvited lump.  I hope its either nothing or bad enough they need to go in for surgery.  I already have a couple letters recommending a Bilateral Orchidectomy. Maybe something good can come from this.  
    • Jackie C.
      I originally bought a short red-headed wig (I'm a natural red-head) for about $20. While I like the cut, I like it better on other people. A week later, I bought what was my go-to for my first year. It's not-quite shoulder length and auburn. Not quite my original color, but fairly close. I'm kind of a special snowflake and it's hard to find copper auburn in wig stores. My second wig was about $40. It started looking pretty ragged about a year later, but I learned a lot about wig care and the products that go into it. The one I'm wearing now is past my shoulders and Susan helped me pick it out. I considered some pretty wild changes, but she talked me down and we settled on this one. It's sort-of the right color (again, copper auburn is hard to find) and I love the way it frames my face. Even if I do keep it pinned back most of the time.   That progression wasn't really a conscious choice. It's just the way things worked out. I don't think I'd go back to short hair though. Despite the extra maintenance, I really like the way I look in long hair.   Hugs!
    • Jani
      I suppose if you could afford it that would be a way to ease into things for all parties concerned, including you!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      So more of a "please let me know how you did it" sort of post. I was wondering once you decided to go the wig route.  Did you go from a balding or short hair guy look right into long lushes female hair or did you start with shorter wigs and move slowly into wigs with longer and longer length until you settled at the length you wanted.  To kind of show a progression of your "hair" getting longer?  I realize this would be a high dollar process even going with cheapy wigs.   I suppose I am at a stage where I may not feel comfortable going to work on a Friday with my short mans military hair cut and Monday with my long beautiful female hair.  Though in reality I am not at a point where I can do this yet until I build at least a female professional work wardrobe.
    • Jani
      Kathy I assume the GRP is in the UK?  Will you be having any school diplomas upgraded as well?  I don't know if that's really important after a certain point in our lives.     Jani
    • KathyLauren
      I am glad that you are in a good mood, Willow.  I am too.  I just got confirmation from the Gender Recognition Panel that they have received my application.  Now I just have to pay them and the process will be under way.   I have all my local documentation changed: driver's license and health card, in particular.  But my birth certificate, being British, had to wait until I could document my official gender change over here.  Now they have all the papers, so hopefully some time this decade (I've heard about wait times in the UK! 😉), I'll have a GRC and a new birth certificate.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Its on my things to do list for sure.  I already have one close by and it is by appointment only.  High dollar stuff too.  But I plan to go this route once I figure out some how to and fit first on a cheaper one that I don't care if I destroy it in a month or two.  
    • Jani
      Hi Sharon, I wish all my best this year.  Check in when you can.   Jani
  • Upcoming Events