• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is your favorite thing?

Guest Stevie

Tonight I gave myself a manicure and a pedicure and I painted my toenails a gorgeous pink. I am so enthralled with my pretty new feet I can’t tell you ;o) Ha ha... what fun!

What is your “favorite” thing... what gets you giddy?

Stevie

• Forum Moderator

Painted toes and fingers go a long way for me but at this point i find that when there is a special event that allows me to go to the salon for a mani-pedi and then get super dolled up for a night out i'm in a state of semi bliss. During much of my life i simply can't justify getting all gussied up so when i can it is wonderful.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Faith gibson

Having nails done is an important thing to me I go to a salon once a month for mine to have them gelled and I decorate them myself My toes are painted all the time as well. I don't know if it gets me giddy but I would sure miss it if it was taken away Lately, I enjoy wearing a jean jacket I recently purchased It has a sort of flare out at the bottom and helps make me look like I have more on my hips.

Best

Faith

Most recently I fell in love with wearing skirts. Maybe that doesn't count here. :blush:

Lacquered nails certainly gets me giddy as well. Whether on fingers or on toes.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Anything goes in this thread, whether it’s new shoes, skirts, nylons whatever makes you feel extra special, the sky’s the limit ;-)

Going and having a professional manicure/pedicure sounds wonderful!

Jewelry is another thing that makes me feel special.

I recently purchased a black lace chemise, it fits perfectly plus it was on sale so I bought two. I feel so sexy in it.

Speaking of jackets Faith, there’s a very cool company, the Pyramid Collection, and they have the neatest jackets, very artsy and feminine. And they have a good range of sizes. I have my eye on a beautiful pink lace nightie I might have to take the plunge and buy a couple of items.

I don't think any one thing or action rises to the "giddy level." Dressing fulfills a need rather than sending me to the realm of giddiness. I suppose when it comes to dressing I am often seriously serious about it rather than euphoric.

I keep trying to think of a way of lightening the tone of this message so it's more in tune with those that proceeded it, but for the life of me I can't think how to make that transition. Sheesh...

My favorite thing... currently it is affirmation. Like the girl helping her dad do some garden cleanup yelling at me, "Hey lady!", as I ride my bicycle by. Or the pharmacy tech asking me, "Did you need some help, mamm?". Or the dude at the bus stop as I was riding my bicycle by, "Aight then baby girl! Ride that thang!" Or the... well you get the point. I am absolutely loving this. Being recognized as a woman, after all these years of thinking this could never be. It really does make me so happy that I cry if I pause to think of it for too long.

In my defense, you didn't specify exactly what kind of favorite thing you were asking about. And this really is mine right now.

Hey Kati, maybe giddy is the wrong word; I was trying to keep the tone of the thread light, fun and even a little whimsical. :)

I have to say I am still very, very new to dressing up and my dressing up is quite plain and simple right now. So seeing my toenails pink really made me feel good.

Sitting up in bed reading last night I looked at my feet and thought… my feet are pretty! I have never thought that about my feet before, I always thought of them as my weakest body part I guess.

CarlaMichelle, I love that you shared that!

Guest Faith gibson

I'm going to jump in and reply on this thread again.

Stevie, I got my jean jacket at a value village so it's not really out of a catalog. :) But it's a nice one. Can't believe someone let it go.

I have to echo what CarlaMichelle said. I get my biggest 'feel good' moments now when I'm in public and am getting called maam, or she or her. It feels so good I'm almost on a cloud. People holding the door for you, things like that. I spend so much time as me now that the clothes themselves don't do lots except that I like to dress well, and spend a lot of time shopping for the things I like.

Faith

Guest Roberta-Belinda

Nylons and a cute black dress for me. I have always yearned to paint my toe nails but have never done so apart from one incident in my childhood.

Faith and CarlaMichelle, I am no where near your advanced level but I can certainly understand the feeling you get from that complement! Thank you so much for sharing that.

“Feel good” moment… that’s the term I should have used instead of giddy :) ha ha

I love Value Village; I have one three blocks from my house!

Roberta-Belinda, seriously, if you get a chance try the nail polish on your toes. Even when it’s in your socks and in your shoes you know it’s there and it’s wonderful.

Big hugs to you all!

Stevie

Guest Sarah23510

Nails are definitely right up there. Wearing my heels too, but my fav is to just wear my wig and bra..makes me feel more like a woman on the outside then anything else.

I am loking forward to my first pair of heels, I know exactly what I want too, black with thin straps and maybe a few rhinestones. :wub:

I However, I think that might have to wait for a while yet :(

Guest MaryGennaeAngelina

I'm a lot like a child, and have no shame about it. I am gothic and love gothic things. The one person I consider a friend thinks a lot like I do and understands me. My family are flatlined humor people, but I just get around that and ignore it.

I recall getting the last dress I bought, a cheap one with flared sleeves like Morticia....not long. I jeweled it and added lace and turned it into something really cool. I ran across a velvet jacket in colonial style and after saying no to my self, that it was too pricey and not practical, I found it looked great on me once I paid for it. Same thing with the boots and chokers, not practical, a bit no no, and the boots are great. They called them witch boots, but all I can say is the witches looked nice. So I guess for me it's clothes and jewelry. I'm not much on feet, except with heels or boots. I do my nails in different colors, and right now they are half silver and half blue.

MaryGennaeAngelina, the dress you fixed up sound awesome! I'm glad you are treating yourself to these nice things.

Check this place out, very cool clothes and jewelry... PyramidCollection.com

Guest ashleynikole

I am loking forward to my first pair of heels, I know exactly what I want too, black with thin straps and maybe a few rhinestones. :wub:

I However, I think that might have to wait for a while yet :(

First pair of heels...

gallery_22710_2087_97781.jpg

:D:D:D

God bless

Ashley

• Forum Moderator

My favourite is not any particular thing.

I just like to get together and wear a complete new outfit. I like being very girly at times and a pretty skirt and tights with a nice top makes me feel wonderful

Tracy

Guest Roberta-Belinda

I totally agree with you, Tracy I love a nice top and skirt and tights. I have a green blouse which I bought last year in Peacock's once again (surprise surprise) and I love it, looks fab with a black skirt and nude tights.

Ashley, your shoes are absolutely gorgeous! I love open toes, but like Joann, I probably should not wear them either but I do love my pink toenails! :)

Tracy & Belinda, I envy your wardrobes… hopefully someday I too will have a complete outfit.

Big hugs, :wub:

Stevie