• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breast Augmentation now complete

Guest Sarah Faith

Guest Sarah Faith

Well this morning I had my breast augmentation that I had mentioned earlier this year. I'm at home recovering now, still really tired and drained even though the surgery was early this morning.. Overall it went really well and I was basically in and out. Feeling sore obviously, and my body is gonna be adjusting to this for awhile, but overall I am doing very well I think. Though eating post surgery was a bit of a struggle due to feeling nauseated from the anesthesia for awhile. This was really an amazing opportunity for me as the surgeon is a friend of ours and basically performed this surgery for a greatly discounted price. I wouldn't have been able to afford this any time soon with out this surgeons generosity.

Anyways just thought I would give you all an update and let you know I survived lol.

• Admin

Congratulations Sarah, it is a problem for a while for any surgical recovery, but you came into it with good health which I know will help make the healing time shorter and more bearable.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Sarah, may the heeling go well, and enjoy your new silhouette

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Sarah. The discomfort will pass and you will enjoy the results. I have two cis friends who are simply ecstatic at being endowed as they always wished to be. Heal quickly and enjoy.

Very gentle hugs(for the time being),

Charlize

Congratulations, Sarah! :friends:

Were your ears burning? I was thinking of you and the BA recently.

I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. Being bedridden for the holidays my not be a bad thing. ;)

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

• Admin

Congrats, Sarah! I hope you get back to feeling normal very soon. Feeling better about yourself, however it's accomplished, is always a good thing.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

congrats sarah . It will pass . It took me about two full weeks to recover from my breast augmentation. The sleeping sitting up part is what really bothered me.

PS how big did ya go ?

Guest Sarah Faith

Thanks all, I am doing alright I suppose.. very very sore, walking around like frakenstien. But the pain meds keeps the pain managable.

congrats sarah . It will pass . It took me about two full weeks to recover from my breast augmentation. The sleeping sitting up part is what really bothered me.

PS how big did ya go ?

Went to a D cup actually, as it fits my overall frame better.

Ive been sleeping on the couch slightly elevated with pillows but Ive been so drowsy it hasnt been a problem. Just super sore, standing up is quite the feat right now.

Yeah after mine i unfolded the futon down stairs was easier to get to the bathroom that way. I wasn't so much sore since my surgon injected the muscles with novicain( or something like that ) after he was done it really helped to cut back on the pain and lasted for about a week, once that wore of though.... i started getting this pain in the top part of my breast where the muscles had been stretched over the implants. it wasn't pain so much as an extreme burning sensation that would come and go.

It was funny, after the op I woke up in recovery . I wasn't in any pain so the first thought that popped into my head is that they aborted the surgery . I looked around and saw some cups sitting on a tray and though ' oooh water !! " and tried to grab them flipping the tray over, turned out they were pills... the nurse turns around and goes " oh somones awake " i asked " why did they stop the surgery and she goes " what do you mean ? " i said " im not in any pain what happened ? " she goes " well hun look down " so I did and noticed the enhancment I said something like oh awsome before i was out again.

Ah, welcome to the D cup club :)

Guest Sarah Faith

Yeah after mine i unfolded the futon down stairs was easier to get to the bathroom that way. I wasn't so much sore since my surgon injected the muscles with novicain( or something like that ) after he was done it really helped to cut back on the pain and lasted for about a week, once that wore of though.... i started getting this pain in the top part of my breast where the muscles had been stretched over the implants. it wasn't pain so much as an extreme burning sensation that would come and go.

It was funny, after the op I woke up in recovery . I wasn't in any pain so the first thought that popped into my head is that they aborted the surgery . I looked around and saw some cups sitting on a tray and though ' oooh water !! " and tried to grab them flipping the tray over, turned out they were pills... the nurse turns around and goes " oh somones awake " i asked " why did they stop the surgery and she goes " what do you mean ? " i said " im not in any pain what happened ? " she goes " well hun look down " so I did and noticed the enhancment I said something like oh awsome before i was out again.

Ah, welcome to the D cup club :)

That's pretty much how it has been for me as well.. I woke up after surgery wasn't in any pain and was a bit confused by it.. Then basically drifted in and out of sleep for most of yesterday in general. Unfortunately now Im sore, not so much in the incision area, but more in the muscles that have been moved around. Definitely feels like Ive had the pec work out from hell..

Honestly I was planning on being more conservative at first.. But as we were doing the fitting earlier this year, the surgeon had me try on larger sizes. He said the number one reason hes had for women having their implants removed was to go larger. So he had me try them on until I went to a size that I felt was too big. Ultimately ended up settling on these, which actually fits my overall body shape the best, so it worked out. Now I just gotta get used to the heaviness in my chest. lol

That is how mine went . mine are roughly a DD . Me and my surgons nurse tried different sizes and both she and my Dr said the biggest regret he hears is that they should have went larger . There is no price difference from the smallest to the largest so we got to the size that looked best on me.

Did you go with saline or silicone ? I was dead set on saline until he put one of the silicone implants in my hand. They have a much much greater longevity in the body and he told me that it has been proven by the FDA that silicone implants do not cause nor increase ones risk of cancer. so i was sold and have not regreted it since.

Guest Sarah Faith

That is how mine went . mine are roughly a DD . Me and my surgons nurse tried different sizes and both she and my Dr said the biggest regret he hears is that they should have went larger . There is no price difference from the smallest to the largest so we got to the size that looked best on me.

Did you go with saline or silicone ? I was dead set on saline until he put one of the silicone implants in my hand. They have a much much greater longevity in the body and he told me that it has been proven by the FDA that silicone implants do not cause nor increase ones risk of cancer. so i was sold and have not regreted it since.

Silicone, for similar reasons. They are more durable too from what I was told, they are less likely to pop, and also less likely to get the rippling. Silicone just overall seemed like the better of the two choices. Really I was originally just going to shoot for a C cup I didnt feel like I needed to go any larger then that.. But then I actually really liked how I looked with the larger ones.. I do feel like I made the right choice, I'm sure ultimately I would have wanted to go a bit larger. I think I was just wanting to go conservatively initially because of the negative connotations some people attach to getting breast implants especially larger ones.

Guest Sarah Faith

I have to say Im not dealing with burning so much from the muscle but this intense sense of pressure in the chest area where the implants are. The surgeon mentioned this and said it would pass but it's driving me crazy. Argh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

So if I may ask (because I'm considering BA myself), what is the recovery process like and what restrictions do you have and for how long?

Also how long were you on HRT before getting your BA? (so I can get an estimate of how long I should wait before going this route).

I have a feeling I'll be in the DD club as well....

Guest Sarah Faith

So if I may ask (because I'm considering BA myself), what is the recovery process like and what restrictions do you have and for how long?

Also how long were you on HRT before getting your BA? (so I can get an estimate of how long I should wait before going this route).

I have a feeling I'll be in the DD club as well....

Recovery from the actual surgery wasn't bad. Like any surgery you'll be out of it the day of from the general anesthetic, but I took my pain meds didnt have much pain at all from the incisions them selves. Mine went through the armpit under the muscle I was on my feet pretty quick. Recovery time is estimated to be less than a week, but what they really dont emphasize enough is that most of your post operative discomfort with such large implants comes from the muscles and nerves adjusting to the implants. Your surgeon may also have you wear a compression strap to get the implants to settle in the right places... So for me the most pain came from that. I was on HRT a little less then 2 years, I wasnt in a huge hurry it or anything but we knew the surgeon and he went way way out of his way to make it really affordable for me.

Congratulations Sarah

When i had my BA, I learned right from the start, it's amazing how much you realie on your arms to get up out of bed or just get up out of a chair and the chest muscles for that first week are pretty puny and stretched. I needed a little help at first. It takes a little getting used to having boobs, but after awhile, you grow to love the new you.

I will have to warn you on one thing that is a real pain. Everything winds up going in your bra instead of in your lap. Especially popcorn in the bra. Not a good thing. If it misses going in your mouth, you can be assured, your cleavage is now going to catch it for you. And d cup stands for double the cost for a good supportive bra. And one thing you will be made painfully aware of, men stop looking and talking to your face. Their eyes really do become glued to your chest. Raising their head up to look at your face instead of chest high might cause a serious neck injury. Sigh.......... Wouldn't change anything. You really do grow to love those puppies on your chest. Congrats Sarah on your surgery. Kathy

Guest Kayla Grace

And one thing you will be made painfully aware of, men stop looking and talking to your face. Their eyes really do become glued to your chest. Raising their head up to look at your face instead of chest high might cause a serious neck injury. Sigh.......... Wouldn't change anything.

Aha, ahahahahahahahah!!!

I'm sorry, I really just had to laugh at that. That was funny.

Congrats again on the augments Sarah :)

God Bless

Natalya <3

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Quick question: what health requirements did the doctors require of you? Like did you have to be below a certain weight or a certain BMI? I was looking at before/after pics of plastic surgeons for BA and all the girls...don't look that overweight. Just wondering if there were specific health requirements because this one surgeon said to be in "reasonable shape" which could mean just about anything or be subject to debate or interpretation...

Guest Sarah Faith

Quick question: what health requirements did the doctors require of you? Like did you have to be below a certain weight or a certain BMI? I was looking at before/after pics of plastic surgeons for BA and all the girls...don't look that overweight. Just wondering if there were specific health requirements because this one surgeon said to be in "reasonable shape" which could mean just about anything or be subject to debate or interpretation...

I dunno I'm within a fairly normal weight so it never came up. I imagine that they would prefer you to be in good health and shape probably.. Especially since if someone did it while extremely overweight the results would be very difficult to judge, and might make placement difficult as well. But no, not specific BMI came up,

Same thing I experienced. BMI didn't enter into the equation. The doctor does factor in band size with implant size so that your bust looks more natural. To achieve a D cup someone who wanted a d cup with a 42 inch band size versus a 38 inch band size would require a much larger implant, say 500 to 550 cc's versus 375 to 400 cc implant. Also a bigger girl will be happier with a larger cup size say a D or DD for someone with a 42 inch band versus a C or D cup on a 38 inch frame.

It's pretty much in the eye of the beholder. Listen to your doctors advice and usually people who are dissatisfied wished they had opted for a size larger. Kathryn