• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not my first Bra I bought, But..

Guest cerise

Guest cerise

Littlr things amuse me and make life worth living.

Today it was buying a Wonder Bra on sale in The Bay.

Ther was a reason I was there and that was to buy a bra for cheap without having to pay duty and shipping.

My fav is a non wire Back support bra up until now.

I was obsessing about a conical bra probably for 2 months at least and almst bought one this Newyears .

It was the second tome I cancelled the order. Why ? I don't know. Didn't want to spend 50 bucks I guess as now that I am used to shopping for my clothes in person I am finding I can get something pretty sweet if I set a limit How Much.

Any way getting to the motivation of the posting. I love how it looks. I guess liking how my bra looks is something I never thought would give me that much comfort.

Plus it was on sale. I am really feeling the girl in me now.

:wub:

• Forum Moderator

A little support does a girl or the girls good. Enjoy. Makes me think mine might be getting a bit tired.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 1 year later...
Guest AshleighP

One of the joys in life is finding a bra that fits good, looks good, is priced reasonably, and is comfortable. One usually sacrifices one of these, but the rare finds are out there if you're patient.

My revelation today is as I cleared some boxes from my storage, I donated over a dozen bras and clothes to the gals recovery house. Clothes I don't need??? Amazing! Just like most other women...

As an early CD, it was the dumpster or grocery store parking lot donation bin at night out of guilt and shame.

Later CD, just try to take my bras? We gonna scrap now!!!

Today it is wonderful to give up nice attire I don't need, swapping clothes and openly having fun. Female fits me so well.

For a long time I mail ordered soft cup bras from Carol Wright Gifts. They seemed to fit me well enough and were inexpensive too. That helped as my girls grew. Hug. JodyAnn

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone. Bra shopping is one of greatest joys. I love going to Kohls or TJ Maxx. My favorite brand is BALI and prefer the lightly padded soft cup styles they give you a nice shape. Hugs. Amber 

Mine are definitely getting tired, but I don't want to buy too many since I have a ways to go in the 'growing' department'. My favorite is also Bali :) Once I found the style(s) I liked, I just started buying them from Amazon.

I haven't tried a wonder bra, or any push up bras, but it would be groovy to improve my cleavage.  On the other hand I try to get away without wearing a bra most of the time.  Tight tops do require a bra though to cover up my headlights.  So far all of my bras have come from Target, nice stores with good selection.

hugs,

Stephanie

• Forum Moderator

Because of my slightly different approach than many, of wearing a bra that fits my large band and small cup (no forms), I have found that I can only get bras that fit me online. I have succeeded though and wear a medium padded non wired bra. I find them soft and comfortable and can wear all day without issue. It has become natural to me.

Tracy

18 minutes ago, tracy_j said:

Because of my slightly different approach than many, of wearing a bra that fits my large band and small cup (no forms), I have found that I can only get bras that fit me online. I have succeeded though and wear a medium padded non wired bra. I find them soft and comfortable and can wear all day without issue. It has become natural to me.

Tracy

Tracy  Have you tried a minimizer.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Amber L. said:

Tracy  Have you tried a minimizer.

No I have not tried one Amber, but when I look what they are I think they would do the opposite of what I need. They appear to be for reducing the appearance of a large bust whereas I have very little so I need what I have to show. That said, I am comfortable with what I have. Large breasts for me would be unlikely genetically and I have known a number of cis women who have problems with their health  because of their size. Maybe it would be an option at work where I am still presenting predominantly male (although I do confuse some clients I visit :D ) as to show obviously female dress may bring adverse reaction, but as my job requires robust clothing so I just carry on as I always have. I am beginning to miss wearing my bra while at work though. Strangely(?) it feels so natural. I will have a closer look, thank you :)

They do sound like the type of thing that could be used by FTM in marginal cases instead of a binder.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

I'm a VS girl, yeah they cost a bit more, but just love the styles, colors, choices, and the fit, oh yeah.... 

Right now it's a racer back VS sports bra, so comfy, so shapely....

C -

• Forum Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I'm a fairly big girl, and I've found a wirefree bra from JMS called Pure Comfort, and that's just what they are for me. They're stretchable, no hooks, I like the way they make me look, and I never ever have to adjust the straps! Plus, they're cheap. While I buy them online, I have seen them in stores as well. Love 'em! I've pretty much abandoned wearing my other bra's in favor of these.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator

I get my Bras from Dainty Lady - online here in Uk. They do ship to other countries. Their clothing is probably made to order so delivery times are longer than usual.

Tracy

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since my last purchase and technically I have enough.

With the emergance of some breast tissue after being on HRT I have been more inclined to find one that works with what I have or will have.

However I have noticed that the HRT has markedly reduced my tendency to dress and am just more content to slop around the house.

Weekends are a little different.

• Forum Moderator

I think HRT calmed me to the point where I became comfortable with my self and I could see who I was.   Did clothing validate that?  Yes clothing made the woman.  But I now had other things to rely on.  I wasn't in a constant internal battle with myself and my body was changing, and that took the emphasis off dressing.  I was me regardless of clothing!  

BTW, I think I probably have too many bras, that actually fit and I wear. :o

Jani 

On 12/8/2016 at 2:49 PM, cerise said:

Been a while since my last purchase and technically I have enough.

With the emergance of some breast tissue after being on HRT I have been more inclined to find one that works with what I have or will have.

However I have noticed that the HRT has markedly reduced my tendency to dress and am just more content to slop around the house.

Weekends are a little different.

I'm so glad to hear that. Even my wife has complained that I don't 'dress' as much since I started hormones. I tried to explain that I feel better about myself and therefore didn't need to dress as much at home, but do need more while out and about.

After a while, dress-up and to cease and you have to start being yourself, at least that's the way it feels to me......

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cerise

Hi again,

Been lost in endless mixing of songs and day jobs for a while.

It will four months on HRT on Jan 6th and I seen my transition doctor on the 10th.

Curious if my E has gone up at all as it stalled on the last blood test. T was lowered.

I seem to be a little more inclined to dress and think I should as every time I slack off I seem to gain a bit of weight.

Its just that when i am on the computer doing music I just want jeans and a  sweater.

Another reason is most of my girl clothes are a synthetic natural fabric mix and they are not that warm compared to all natural.

Post winter sales are on and it probably a good time to pick up better clothes that I will wear.

Talk in a bit.

Gig tonight and need to get ready.

I am learning Lola as my 60th cover but had a little trouble getting comfortable with the lyrics especially practicing it en femme.

Decided to chop the last verse as it would be a lie for me.

Left the second last verse.

" girls will be boys and boys and boys will be girls

it;s a mixed up, muddled up shook up world except for Lola."

I figure thats okay and says where I am at these days.

Not confused anymore:)

Love you all!!!

Cerise

I still like to dress-up, but that is for when I am going to a party or other social event.  While I didn't start full time at work until May, I was on HRT in January of 2016. Until going full time, I had the dysphoria kicking in when I was forced to be in guy clothes. Once full time, it became sort of fun still but routine. Some days though it is just nice to not dress up and relax. I still have a blue skirt from my pretransition that is ugly--it will never be seen in public, but comfortable.

My average workday it is a 50/50 chance I am wearing jeans or a dress/skirt and almost always a simple set of ma. I like dresses because I don't have to think about pairing with a top. When I get home though I tend to just dress down and sometime take my bra off .

I now of course have a full wardrobe but still have days where I have nothing to wear!!!