• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dr. Alexander Sinclair for SRS

Guest G-A-L-E

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello everyone.

I have been in the woodwork for a couple years reading this and other forums. I find the need to post for the first time since although most of my questions have been answers, some have not.

I have a date for SRS with Dr. Sinclair out of Beverly Hills scheduled in May. He is a confident, competent surgeon and I trust him. But you just don't hear much about his work. Prior to receiving a referral I did not know he existed. I had sent money to Dr. Bowers in hope a reasonable date for SRS could be scheduled. Instead wait for it...try August of 2016! Suffering 'intense transsexualism' or was it 'intensely transsexual'? Having to wait has already impacted my ability to stay focused with work and social interactions. I had already reached the point a butcher with a sharp knife would work. That date is unacceptable and in my opinion cruel.

I feel a sort of social responsibility having him preform my SRS and reduce the load on other surgeons. Also there are many younger people that need SRS or GCS (yes there is a difference) in the Los Angeles area. Dr. Sinclair could be a good option. Nothing like having a Beverly Hills surgeon do his magic.

Dr. Sinclair is able to provide me the needed medical attention in a timely manner. But I still worry. So my question is: What do you folks know or have heard about Dr. Sinclair's work?

Thank you in advance.

• Admin

Hi Gale and Welcome to the playground. Do please make a post over in the Introductions Forum and be sure to read the Terms and Conditions for the site, which you can get to from the lowest right hand corner of any forum.

I am a Southern California girl, and I am sorry to say I have never heard of Dr. Sinclair unless he is a protege of Dr. Alter who I know to be competent, but who charges the fees of a Beverly Hills surgeon. There are surgeons who are not on the Best Known list who will be good and who are generally competent. Have you asked his office what type of surgical method he uses for the construction of the neo-vagina? One step or two? Has he done any extensive gynecological reconstruction surgery on natal females? Those would be questions to ask his practice directly. Does he have any permitted "post op" pictures they can allow you to see?

Next item is to clearly develop your expectations of what you want from him and communicate them to him, and see what he thinks he can accomplish with what you "bring to the table" so to speak. That may need the help of your Therapist, to be sure of your expectations.

Again, Welcome to the Playground, and I am glad to hear that you are on your way to getting what you need, and that you have made your choice. Every post op girl who is happy with her results will say that her surgeon was the best ever.

OK, silly me, but what is the difference between GCS and SRS as you understand it?

PS: I did go look at his page on the internet (cannot put the address here since it opens to a view not allowed on the forums here) and his technique is close to what Bowers and Brassard use. You should be fine,.

Edited by VickySGV
Added PS in-lieu of second post.
Guest alexaz

Hi G-A-L-E

Sounds to me that your more than ready,willing and able to go forward.

Something you said here disturbs me and I may have misinterpreted it but felt that I needed to respond to it and ask you to rethink it.

" I feel a sort of social responsibility having him preform my SRS and reduce the load on other surgeons. Also there are many younger people that need SRS or GCS (yes there is a difference) in the Los Angeles area. Dr. Sinclair could be a good option. Nothing like having a Beverly Hills surgeon do his magic."

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!

This is huge. this is your body and the rest of your life.

​When (in my opinion ) undertaking this surgery. Its all about YOU not everyone else.

To say that you have a "Social responsibility " to others to take a DR. that isnt to busy so that others can have the Drs that are busy sounds to me like you dont feel that you deserve any better and will take what you can get just to speed up the process.

​I understand that you are tired of waiting. I too am very impatant and "WANT IT NOW" but wont compromise my life, health, results just to get things done.

PLEASE. Stop and think about this. This is a one way street and its for the rest of your life.

There are lots of DRs out there that do this work and Im sure that if you look around and ask others you can find several that can work with your " TIME LINE "

Even if you had to wait another month or so to get a "busier " Dr. This would be better than taking what you could get faster.

I too GOOGLED Dr. A Sinclair in Bev. Hills CA. and unless I got the wrong one there is no mention of him doing SRS.

He seems to focus on breast and other procedures.

PLEASE, PLEASE look into these things. You have some time . You said your scheduled for MAY so this gives you at least a month and a half.

​Just my 2 cents worth and if I misunderstood what your saying here I apologise.

Alexaz

• Admin

AlexAZ, you do have to go down a ways on the list but the the doctor who does BA also does SRS/GRS/GCS as I described in my post. He also has an office in the town of Whittier. I think what GALE means is that we do not have a readily available list of surgeons in an area and may be hung up on a limited number of "Name" surgeons. I had my surgery done by one ot the North America Big Five, but do know there are others not in the Big5. They all will have their great days and not so great ones. Some feel terrible about what my surgeon did to them and say so. I am happy as could be with what happened to me, but the waiting list for my surgeon is long as was said. I might have checked on things that were closer to me (35 miles to Bev Hills) and 480 to San Mateo but I am glad to know about other surgeons in the area for younger people. .

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello, thank you for the replies. Dr. Sinclair does have a website outlining SRS and other FTM/MTF procedures. The site also explains the process and includes a few graphic photos. Like other surgeons it appears he has two sites. One is tailored just for us transsexual people.

Regarding consulting a therapist. I am done with them, got my letters and ran. Did not need them in the first place to confirm I was transsexual and in need of SRS. But as my MD said. They have what you need, so play ball one more time. Let me also go on to state. I received excellent compassionate care from both my therapist. They along with my doctor’s understood I was not suffering GID 302.85 but rather the older code 302.50 Trans-sexualism. Like I posted earlier, a butcher with a sharp knife at times seemed right. As long as ‘it’ was gone.

With all that said. None of the popular surgeons appear to make any accommodation for my circumstance.

The pool of qualified surgeons is so small and the need great. Perhaps the popular surgeons should spread the workload around in order to minimize those suffering from unrealistic wait times. I am sure it leads to other issues other than transsexalism. Of which the best treatment is with SRS.

I recently talked to the very first patient of Dr. Alter. Who some maybe aware is a very high priced and talented SRS surgeon. Many seek out his services, some waiting years to save enough for his pricey services. She claims her SRS turned out great and is very happy, no regret. Again, she was his first SRS.

For the good of the community sometimes one must go first. In my case I won’t be the first to ask Dr. Sinclair for his SRS services. I just want to know what to expect since I can’t find any post-op info online from his patients.
Both young and old need more choices in surgeons. The wait times for SRS will continue to be ridiculously long if we don’t start getting more surgeons up to speed.

Much like everyone else I have the same hopes. A great outcome, please my lover and be orgasmic. Pretty sure Dr. Sinclair knows that.

Edited by G-A-L-E
removed an interior duplicate
  • 1 month later...
Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Everyone, well my special day has arrived. In a couple of hours I will be checking into a hospital in Whittier, CA for SRS with Dr. Sinclair.

Very happy my day has finally arrived. Today I will go to sleep, dream and upon waking find it's no longer a dream.

Thank you for all your comments and support!

• Forum Moderator

I hope you are feeling better and starting the recovery process with little pain and as much comfort as possible.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Everyone, I made it to the other side! It appears everything is progressing well. Get to see my celebrity sex change doctor on Tuesday afternoon for second post-op visit. The catheter will be removed at that time and dilation will begin. Very happy to have started the six month healing process rather than wait the same amount if not longer to undergo SRS with the other guys. Already enjoying the simple pleasure of wearing a skirt without the penis bulge. What an amazing look it was!

Hopefully everything will work out well down there to allow for sexual intercourse. Looking forward to getting #$&*%# !!!!

I have been releasing several prerecorded episodes of my 20 part YouTube series leading up to SRS. Hopefully readers are allowed access to them via my www.Twitter.com/AnneEdwardz account. You can also search for me on YouTube by looking up 'Anne Edwardz Reports'

Thank you,

• Admin

I have been waiting for this report, sounds like you did well. If you can keep it to six months on healing you will be better than I was, but yeah the outside stuff will be pretty complete by then. Then again you are younger and prettier, and that makes things go bettter and faster. Huggggggsssssss

Guest KerryUK

I don't know how I missed this Gale,

Hope you are recovering well and that you continue to be pleased by the results as you heal. I've still 3 1/2 weeks to go until I get my very own transformation and how the time is dragging. I know all too soon it will be over and I will be able to experience the feeling down there that I have yearned for so long.

Hugs

Kerry x.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest G-A-L-E

Hello, JustMeUK, all is going well on this end. It appears your SRS date us upon you...is that correct? What form of SRS will you be undergoing?

Back on topic, 4 weeks post operative and will now go ahead and give Dr. Sinclair the thumbs up!

Took my first real look at the finished product and all I can really say is ‘it’s the real deal’.

It’s working out great, good depth (6 inch’s +), aesthetics and pain management. Even went back to work at 3 week (not my idea and bad one at that).

Hospital care was awesome, private room, compassionate nurses and staff. He does not do the surgery alone, he teams up with a urologist to help speed the process and improve results of surgery. He went ahead and made a correction that most surgeons would haved waitied to perform. He did not want me to go through the process of revision or stage 2 of SRS. Lets not forget, he is a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. Aesthetics are very important to him.

So why is he the big secret? Wait times are measured in days, not months or years and the price was right! Postoperative care is incomparable; living close to his clinic affords me frequent checkups.

Dr. Sinclair really cares about getting SRS right. He even put off my nose job until after surgery. I assume other body mods would also have to wait.

Feeling like a lucky gal having him perform SRS on me, in my case he was the correct choice! YMMV

• Admin

The big item for Dr. Sinclair is that you are happy with your experience and outcome of the surgery even at this early part of healing process. Congratulations, and may the rest of your healing be un-eventful.

Guest KerryUK

Hi Gale,

You are right, I had my surgery on 25th June - astonishing how quickly the day whizzed up.

I had the cosmetic version as opposed to the full version. I've had a sneak peak as I've been oozing - the pads needed changing. Obviously, there is bruising but I'm pleasantly surprised at how flat it is down there already. About 20 minutes ago, I had a sneeze which really did smart - I'll try not to do that again for a while. Other than that, I'm almost sitting up completely now and hope that I may be able to get up out of bed tomorrow.

Kerry x

• Forum Moderator

Bless you Kerry. Avoid those sneezes for a bit. Heal quickly and enjoy the new view.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello JustMeUK, glad to read you are doing well and better yet happy with the look, so far.

You brought up something about my SRS that still bothers me. You mentioned the flatness of the area, postoperative. My pubic area is still very much a mound. It was much more flat prior to SRS. Maybe someone can offer input on why it's now a mound or why that’s still the case. Experiencing lots of pain from the same area and walking for any length of time is challenging.

Surgeon says it's OK but I wonder what the hell took place under there to push my pubic area outward. It does appear to get less prominent everyday and reduced pain follows progress. Dilation is no problem without any additional pains.

While it does not look like a penis budge, I was hoping for a very flat look for the area.

Thank you in advance,

Anne

• Forum Moderator

Anne i am certainly not an MD but i would thick it will take a good bit of time for the swelling to go down. If it persists i would definitely talk to your doctor again.

Hugs(gently),

Charlize

Guest KerryUK

I'm in agreement with Charlize, Anne,

Don't forget, with the full vaginaplasty there will more swelling and bruising as there is also the cavity to be produced AND maintained with the dilation. I would think it highly likely that your recovery will be longer and so the swelling will also take longer to go down. As is said here all the time - YMMV. We are different people with different surgeons and different procedures (lots of differents there).

I'm sure you are fine Anne - hope the recovery continues well for you.

Kerry

• Admin

Anne -- it took me nearly 8 months for the most major swelling to go down and another 6 months to get some nerve stuff back together. I was using two sizes bigger underwear than usual for a very long time and both my Gyno and surgeon used the charmingly confusing term "within the range of normal" which in the case of my surgeon meant normal for 1200 patients she had worked on. Aleve did help get some of my swelling down, and sitz baths that were on the cool side of warm did help get stuff under control, but it was still four months in before I would have admitted that. We do swell up more that Kerry would have because we do have the internalized tissue that she does not and every bit of it is three to four times it's eventual size with the body trying to fight infection and even figure out where it is on your bod.

A most hearty welcome to "The Other Side" Kerry.

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Vicky, so did you swell up in the same area? Is it flat now?

Am I fighting an infection…and do I need a antibiotic?

The swelling does seem to decrease and natural feeling is returning. I set myself back when I walk, sit or stand for extended periods of time.

As some of you know, I have pushed my recovery (getting back to work) and it’s not helping me heal.

So what’s a nice drink with coconut? I smell like an Almond Joy without the nuts.

Thank you,

Anne

• Forum Moderator

I'm not sure of a coconut drink but if you go to a good indian restaurant coconut chutney is a knockout. I love the idea of smelling like Almond Joy! The very thought puts a smile on my face.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

Anne -- I was quite swollen in the entire area, pubic area, the labia, and even in the tops of my thighs for about 4 to five months but it went down noticeably just about every day, although if I over did something it would pump up a bit for a while and then went back down. I did flatten out and it looked fine by 14 months.

Guest KerryUK

Thanks very much for the 'welcome' Vicky, it made me smile.

Anne, I forgot to mention that I'm still wearing those very tight compression knickers which apart from being uncomfortable will also help to keep the swelling down. We'll see what the area is like once they are removed and I'm starting to get up and be more upright/mobile.

Mr Fenton will be coming in to assess me today - so we'll see how things are going then.

Kerry x

Guest KerryUK

Hi Anne,

I just thought that I would update you. I've had the big knickers and dressings removed AND had a bath. There is quite a lot of swelling and especially bruising so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Like everyone says (and now I believe them) - plenty of rest and TIME.

Hope this has helped Anne.

Kerry x