• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Dr. Alexander Sinclair for SRS

Guest G-A-L-E

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Kerry, sounds like you are doing well. The update on your recovery process is most helpful…for all of us! Post-op is a whole new world!

After posting my last update the swelling in the pubic area started to diminish. In fact my labia is looking normal. The whole vagina looks like any other CIS version. Fortunately I have a friend that likes to compare hers to mine. She…without saying is impressed by what can be done.

After seeing Caitlyn Jenner latest post, I decided it was time to change up my outfit. She reportedly wore a pencil skirt. I ditched the flared skirt and went for the straight version. Mine was not that tight. I had ventured out once before in a straight skirt (post-op) but it was a short outing and swelling in the pubic area screwed with my head.

Not this time! It was awesome and so flat! OMG it was perfect.

Side note: I think Caitlyn has undergone some form of SRS. Either that or she is a pro at tucking.

To the girls reading this and seeking SRS. There is no long wait with Dr. Sinclair in Los Angeles. The results are very appealing and depth in my case was as requested. Yes there is lots of pain and discomfort but its temporary. SRS has exceeded my expectations in dealing with society. So very much looking forward to continued healing and have high hopes for sexual intercourse in 4-6 months. That’s if someone finds me doable.

My view is SRS is one of those things that’s best experienced. SRS was a gift and has brought me peace.

Anne

Guest G-A-L-E

Let me share one additional observation. After reviewing satellite news footage of Caitlyn Jenner is NYC. I believe she has undergone SRS, not that it should matter. But speaking from my own experience. It's extremely difficult to achieve the level of confidence she displays in public without SRS.

Just my thoughts, we will hear soon I am sure.

Anne

Guest KerryUK

Thanks very much Anne, that was a very kind reply.

I'm going to have to correct you though. It IS possible with tucking to have quite a convincing pubic mound and I believe that Caitlyn has not had SRS.

Before SRS, I could and did wear a swimming costume in public and I even had a ciswoman colleague once ask me "well, if you've not had SRS, how come you look so smooth down there?" - she honestly thought I was already post-op. So, it is possible. I'm sure you'll agree with me in saying that "SRS isn't performed on my body for anyone other than me (and my partner)".

Kerry x

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Everyone, just a quick update on post-operative day 45. Swelling has reduced significantly, a mound still exist. New swimsuit bikini (black) bottom looks awesome! Flat enough for sure.

Off painkillers, walking and sitting becoming easier. A little bit of discomfort continues when trying to ‘close the gap’ while walking. Sandals hurt more than flats.

Discharge is almost nonexistent; no pad needed but still carry. Still an odor persists; hope I don’t run into any dogs anytime soon.

Dilation is twice a day and still maintaining max width and depth as factory original. Also it’s easier now that all numbness has gone away. The clitoris area is sill way too sensitive and perhaps the only area still swollen.

It looks great now and presume will continue to improve. Even though I can be clocked all day long, my vagina can’t!

On my last visit, Dr. Sinclair warned against even thinking about intercourse for 90 days. That’s OK, still don’t really know how I will handle giving myself up to a man for the very first time.

Anne

Guest KerryUK

Hi Anne,

It sounds like you are doing really well to me and I'm so pleased for you. You see, proof in the saying 'your mileage may vary' (YMMV).

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...
Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Everyone, Anne here. +63 (8 weeks) days since SRS in Los Angeles, all is healing well. Much thanks to those who offered reassurance all concern was normal.

Swelling of my pubic mound is reduced and thus flattened considerably. Not as flat as I would like but appears to improve everyday.

In fact swelling of surgery area has reduced a large amount. Leaving me to wonder how much more to go.

I am now able to sit on hard chairs and drive without the aid of my hospital pillow. (Yes I kept the pillow and blanket).

Depth remains at 6.5 inch’s, the complete length of the dilator supplied. Using Coconut Oil for dilation twice a day works really really well!

Peeing is still hit and miss, butt gets wet more often than not.

Odor is much improved, drinking cranberry juice and eating yogurt seems to help. I do not douche at all.

Discharge is minimal with no blood visible. Still use larger panty liners as to not disturb clitoral area.

Scars are healing OK but mine are much different than what I have seen online. At the top they curve outward about 60 degrees. Surgeon told me that was done to spare me the need for revision. Guess so because it’s looking very good.

Truly started feeling better (normal?) right at 8 weeks. Still 8 weeks? from using it!

That’s my report and I’m sticking to it.

Thank you,

Anne

• Admin

You are doing great there girl!! It took me six months, (although at your stage I was back on hardwood seats too), to get to a point where I was not somewhat swollen. You may find that swelling will recur slightly at some places, but not to worry, nothing wrong, just the body squeezing the excess fluid out like collapsing an inflatable rubber air mattress. My scars were suitable for what was done to me and did not look like some of the ones I had seen too.

Would I get in trouble for saying that "now you are sitting pretty?'

:doh1:

Guest G-A-L-E

Ha Ha Vicky, oh no posted too soon. In first post-op blood work, endocrinologist sees white blood count is elevated. She speculated I am fighting an infection; might be caused by some allergy. Could that also be what’s causing my odor issue?

Need OK for nose work on Wednesday.

Thank you,

Anne

Guest KerryUK

Hi Anne,

Really glad you're doing so well and sorry that you have the high white cell blood count. Won't be long though until you are back to your normal self.

I'm just after 4 weeks post op and I only just managed to sit on a hard chair 'normally' on Wednesday. Peeing is definitely a new experience and I find that it still feels a little restrictive - I think that could be due to there still being some swelling. Have you found the same?

Good luck with the continued good recovery.

Hugs

Kerry x

Guest G-A-L-E

Hello Kerry, prior to SRS I was already sitting down to pee when using public restrooms. After the doctor removed the catheter on the 7th day?, 90 minutes elapsed before feeling the need to go. Planted myself on the toilet and waited to see what would happen, bracing for pain or clogged plumbing. Within a minute it just flowed, wow no pain, a little messy and the wonderful sound of me peeing like a female! Sure sounds a lot different.

Not sure what you mean about restrictive? I took to peeing female like a cat takes to using a litter box. Just felt very natural.

I did experience frequent need to go in the first 6 weeks but now able to go a much longer period between pee breaks. At times I make a hissing sound much like my mother would when she had to really go.

Still remains a top question asked while chatting about SRS. Everyone wants to know if it worked and or hurt. It became my first lesson in Womanhood 2.0 (post-op living) and felt wonderful!

Thank you,

Anne

• Admin

Anne

My first problem was a yeast infection that was easily cleared up, but it did affect my "odor" since, well, it did!! See if they will do a culture swab from the vaginal area to check that out. Yeast is normal, and usually balanced by some other "flora" or normal skin bacteria which will give you a new "girl smell" down there, but if your anti-biotic has killed off too much of the good bacteria, the yeast takes over as it was described to me.

Kerry

I have somewhat lost the memory of "extended plumbing" but I do not have what I seem to remember as the instant volume of urine that I did even while sitting down as male, which I did for a couple of years, It takes me a couple of minutes to be sure I have emptied my bladder, but my Gynecologist has assured me that I am now in the realm of womanhood. It is one reason that you do wipe the area with toilet paper, since I squeeze the last drop or two out as opposed to shaking them out.

Guest KerryUK

Hi Anne and Vicky,

Thanks very much for your kind replies.

What I meant by restrictive is that my pee doesn't seem to come out as freely as it did pre-op (as if swelling down there is causing my urethra to be slightly restricted) and so it seems to take me longer than ciswomen to finish. I don't have any problem actually finishing though and so far don't seem to have had any leaks. To be honest, I can have a pee and that's the most important thing. I'll just mention it to Mr Fenton on 10 August. As the swelling decreases, it may be possible that my peeing might become less restrictive anyway.

Kerry x

• Admin

Hi Anne and Vicky,

Thanks very much for your kind replies.

What I meant by restrictive is that my pee doesn't seem to come out as freely as it did pre-op (as if swelling down there is causing my urethra to be slightly restricted) and so it seems to take me longer than ciswomen to finish. I don't have any problem actually finishing though and so far don't seem to have had any leaks. To be honest, I can have a pee and that's the most important thing. I'll just mention it to Mr Fenton on 10 August. As the swelling decreases, it may be possible that my peeing might become less restrictive anyway.

Kerry x

This is what I described there, and as the swelling does go down you will finde a smoother and greater flow. 6.5 months in my diary.

Guest KerryUK

This is what I described there,

I'm sorry, I hadn't understood what you'd said correctly Vicky. Thanks very much.

If you were at 6.5 months post-op before you were able to 'freely' go, then I have a little while yet. Like I said though, I CAN go which is the most important thing.

Kerry

• 1 month later...
Guest Angelgrlsue

Hi Anne. Good to hear that the swelling in your pubic area has diminished and that things are healing better for you. I spoke with Catherine last week from Southern California Hospital at Hollywood and she is saying that everything should be set up by October. I am to schedule an appointment with her and Dr. Sinclair this month to go over everything and to meet all the hospital staff at the hospital.

Susan

Hello Susan, so very very and very happy for you! Well since you let the cat of the bag. I understand you are part of a new groundbreaking program for the trans community of Los Angeles.

Lots of work has gone into establishing compassionate care for all of us.

A little surprised we have not read about the program in The Advocate. This is such big news and you are the first!!!

Oh and all is very well with me and the surgery area looks fantastic. 114 days since SRS and close to trying things out. I''ll then be able to report back on the other topic I started. 'Does Intercourse Work?'.

Thank you,

Anne

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you Anne. This is very exciting for me and I hope it will come about and be a stepping stone for others to follow. I am concerned about one thing though that has come up. It is about a disorder I was diagnosed with back in 2001 that has resurfaced recently and my therapist informed me today that she will have to include it in her letter to Dr. Sinclair. This disorder is called Dissociative Identity Disorder. Will this effect my chances of having SRS with Dr. Sinclair? The disorder has affected me profoundly lately with memory and time loss as well as dissociating quite a bit. I have lived full time as a woman for over 10 years now and have had and do not have any problems with being female since that is the gender I am and always have been, even with DID.

Susan

Hello Susan, Dr. Sinclair follows the same guidelines as other surgeons that preform SRS. However he does have a very compassionate heart. I would say if you have been full-time for a year and present female then you should be OK but you have a special circumstance, as I did. In my case it was intense transsexualism. Like myself you will have to present your case to Dr. Sinclair and only he can make the decision to move forward with SRS. I found It was well worth the extra work and time to lineup SRS ASAP.

A side note for everyone reading: I know everyone's body is different and thus the results. Dr. Sinclair's sewing skills? are pretty good. I don't have any of the traditional vertical scars typically seen with other U.S. surgeons. In other words scars are not visible. I do have 2 small scars left from a 'on the spot correction' made to spare me a possible future operation typically know as Stage 2.

Again a compassionate heart.

Thank you,

Anne

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you Anne. This does help me and yes Dr. Sinclair does have a compassionate heart. Will be making an appointment today to see him next week for my consultation with him and to talk with him about everything. We have lately been corresponding by email, talking with him face to face is going to better.

Susan

Susan, perhaps at some time down the road and once everything is confirmed. You might consider sharing the other landmark news about your possible SRS. It's so exciting and fingers are crossed!

Thank you,

Anne