• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Breast Forms

Guest Angelgrlsue

Hi everyone. Ok, so I have been on HRT for many, many years and still only have a small A cup breast size. I started transition late in life and I was on a pretty high dose of Estradiol. Had to go off my estrogen for 4 months recently due to the chemotherapy I was going through, will be going back on this month when I see my endo next week. My question is for those that have small breasts like myself, do you wear breast forms? If so, how in the world do you keep them in place? I bought some foam breast forms recently and they slide all over, not attractive when you have to reach down your dress to adjust them. Just curious, thank you.

Angelgrlsue

Guest AllisonRae

Hi Angelgrlsue, Look into what is called a pocket bra, also know as a mastectomy bra. They have pockets to hold your forms in place. I use them and I can run while wearing my forms without them sliding around too much. You can find great deals for them on EBay.

Hugs,

Allison

Charlize

I still use silicone enhancers and use pocket bras. Our sponsor the breast form store carries them or you can google them. The best thing is that you can stand on your head and not get hit by sliding forms.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you Allison and Charlize. I have decided to just embrace with what I have and not concern myself about the small stuff.

Angelgrlsue

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I still wear forms and I have no problem keeping them in place. I have silicone forms and they have a little weight to them so maybe that's the reason they stay put in my bra? I'm just guessing. I've never had a problem with them moving around. I've been fitted, too, so I'm wearing the correct size bra for what I have. :)

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you Lizzie. :)

Angelgrlsue

Some of the higher quality forms can also be glued in place using medical adhesive. Also, some forms are naturally adhesive and stick in place pretty well. I have all in all, seven pairs, four full breast forms and three pairs of enhancers. It takes time to see what works best for you.

*hugs*

-Fiona

VickySGV

I have silicone enhancers and actual breast forms from my CD days, and they stay pretty well put on my two "B's" since they have concave backs and almost vacuum onto the girls. A product called "It Stays" is a light water based gel type adhesive that washes off you and the forms easily takes care of the rest of the issues. (I have been on HRT for close to 6 years now.).

Guest Razilee

OK, Fiona. l accept that "it takes time to see what works best for you." With your experience could you please help me cut that time down a little. Leaving what material, with or without adhesives for later, what size? I have to admit that I am not where Angelgrlsue is, though I did smile upon reading her comment.

Love,

Raz

OK, Fiona. l accept that "it takes time to see what works best for you." With your experience could you please help me cut that time down a little. Leaving what material, with or without adhesives for later, what size? I have to admit that I am not where Angelgrlsue is, though I did smile upon reading her comment.

Love,

Raz

Razilee

I'll try to help you sweetie, but consider the fact that I don't know anything about you.

1) What is your band size?

2) What's your height & weight? (sorry girly, it's relevant when selecting breasts)

3) Do you consider your overall frame size to be large, medium or small?

4) do you want to stand out or blend into a crowd?

Beware that forms tend to have around the same mass (weight) as real breasts. If choosing larger forms (size D and above), because of their weight the bra may require a wider band with more clips, and possibly underwire. Bras for larger breasts tend to have to be tighter to hold the breasts from bouncing too much. Consider your comfort, or discomfort, when wearing them for long periods of time. I have medical adhesive that I truly haven't had the opportunity to try, so I cant yet comment other to say that the girls I know that have used the adhesive say that it works quite well.

Size B is a nice all around size for a typically sized girl. A size C is a little more frisky and size D and above can make a real statement. I'm a pretty large girl (5' 10", 230lbs but I'm working on getting down to 180lbs to 200lbs, already losst 30lbs). Either way I'm a fairly large girl and typically wear a Size D that seems to look good on me according to the limited number of people that have seen me or my photos.

I do have a size B that I wear sometimes when i don't feel well or am busy around the house. However, I try to always wear my preferred size (D) because a woman really doesn't get to change her breast size.

FYI, I finally took some photos that I like and am finally feeling better about my self so I will be posting a few pics today.

Good luck, honey. I'll be looking for your response.

-Fiona

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Size B is a nice all around size for a typically sized girl. A size C is a little more frisky and size D and above can make a real statement. I'm a pretty large girl (5' 10", 230lbs but I'm working on getting down to 180lbs to 200lbs, already losst 30lbs). Either way I'm a fairly large girl and typically wear a Size D that seems to look good on me according to the limited number of people that have seen me or my photos.

Fiona has some pretty good info. I just wanted to touch on this part.

Your breast size should be in proportion to your body frame. If you're more petite, B would look more appropriate than a larger size.

If you're about average, C would most likely work.

If you're a bigger girl, then a larger size would look better on your frame, like a D.

Now with that, should you choose larger breast forms, adhesives may not work as well because of the weight associated with them. Adhesive can keep lighter forms in place but not so much heavier forms.

I'm pretty sure The Breast Form Store has some info about choosing an appropriate form, both size and material. Since they can be a bit of an investment, take some time to really look through your options before deciding on a pair. Some forms aren't returnable so you want to make sure you choose the right form for you. :)

Fiona has some pretty good info. I just wanted to touch on this part.

Your breast size should be in proportion to your body frame. If you're more petite, B would look more appropriate than a larger size.

If you're about average, C would most likely work.

If you're a bigger girl, then a larger size would look better on your frame, like a D.

Now with that, should you choose larger breast forms, adhesives may not work as well because of the weight associated with them. Adhesive can keep lighter forms in place but not so much heavier forms.

I'm pretty sure The Breast Form Store has some info about choosing an appropriate form, both size and material. Since they can be a bit of an investment, take some time to really look through your options before deciding on a pair. Some forms aren't returnable so you want to make sure you choose the right form for you. :)

Thanx, Lizzy. I just wanted to point out that for at least the larger sizes, the adhesive isn't really to allow you to go braless, but to hold them snug to you while wearing a bra in an effort to keep them from moving and shifting. The non-adhesive style can shift a bit and can be a tad annoying. I know when I use the adhesive style, it's very nice to have them feel as a part of you. And yes, forms can be as little as a couple hundred for a decent set all the up to $1500, depending on quality and size, perhaps even more...

-Fiona

Rylie M

Forms can be really cheep to I'm wearing my only set right now there gell filled silicon c cup I got off of ebay for 30 bucks now they don't match my skin color there tear dropped shaped and the self adhesive part is long gone but as a m2f transgender on a very tight budget there's no way I could shell out over 100 for a good set at this time. Frankly money wise i'm in no position to do this but im tired of living life as is I need to transition. At Least they way i see it it will be a year before I finally present myself to the world as Rylie.

tracy_j

As an alternative, I would just like to point out that women come in all shapes and sizes. With that in mind and the fact that I am not into large boobs I just use a medium padded bra that is available via the internet in my size (aaa / aaaa cup). This does give me a feminine look without the hassle of forms. In essence a woman with small boobs. The supplier I use caters for women (there is no mention of transexuals).

I have used small (bikini) pads in the past but have now relegated them principlally to swimsuits (looking forward to summer and the beach :) ).

Tracy

Guest AllisonRae

Sone really great info here, I am a large frame with a thick chest and was fitted with D cups. They do offset my chest and shoulder size and give a nice proportionate look. I went with the better forms from the page sponser and after a year they are holding up wonderfully. Folks are impressed with how natural they look as well.

Hugs

Allie

Amy P

I was wondering if anyone made a really soft breast form that actually felt like a real breast?  The only ones I ever tried were really firm and not very realistic.  It was nice to have some weight up front but I was disappointed with the firmness.  I have many things I don't like about my body (don't we all - CIS women included) but I do have a fairly small frame and would only need a modest cup size.  Any ideas?

VickySGV
1 hour ago, Amy P said:

I was wondering if anyone made a really soft breast form that actually felt like a real breast? 

The site here used to be sponsored by a Canadian company called The Breast Form Store and they have a variety of forms.  Now that I have my own poor beat up boobs, I will say categorically that NONE of the forms I ever found really approached their feel as to softness, and mine are still reasonably firm for my age.  This link is to BFS and you might at least check out their wares.  You can make home made forms, and for some it is part of the fun.  I know there are "how to posts" on the forums here.

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastforms-catalog.aspx?cid=TBFS_Google&gclid=CPKasMCGr9MCFZO4wAod4t8PFg

Amy P

Thanks Vicky - I'll see if I can find the DIY info as the BFS ones look similar to the ones I tried before. I've experimented with things before but none of my ham-fisted efforts were very successful.

Rachael

I have two sets of forms one is plastic and fairly firm. The second I got from the breast form store and they are softer and feel comfortable. A full coverage underwire bra helps hold things pretty well with the glue. Also I just got a sports bra with some molded cup inserts works well. I hope you find something that works for you. 

Timber Wolf

I wish I could help. I did find a company who use to make a soft closer to real feeling and looking prosthetics, and I loved them. But they stopped making them.? They were more expensive and they didn't last as long. I guess that they just didn't sell as well as the cheaper firm ones. I lanent.?

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Amy P

thanks everyone - sounds like there's a gap in the market for a 'budding' entrepreneur?

Guest archer99

I have a pair of pals gel breastforms and I love them they don't have a skin on them like mostly all others have and you can even sleep with them they have a sort of sticky feel to the back that helps them stay put you can even get them pierced if you want I got them from a place online from New Jersey and they were pretty good price $65 Canadian plus shipping of course I have had them for about a year now and they are still in great shape you can even trim them to fit your bra if needed 

Here's the name if it's ok to post 

the place is called glamour boutique just google it 

MaryEllen

This is a link to the Glamour Boutique that I posted almost 10 years ago.  I had a makeover and photo shoot done there. My avatar is one of those photos.

I have far too many breast forms that I'll never even use again. Most from the Breastform store (and I love those girls, they really work with you).

I have some PALS. They can be slept, roughhoused, even cut and modified should you so desire. They do not feel real. They don't even feel half as good as just about any silicone forms. 

Silicone forms, I have a couple different makes, and my favorites are the Gold Seal at the breast form store. I even have a pair of crazy expensive forms, nothing like silicone.

As you already know, shouldn't sleep in them or ever put a large amount of pressure on them. I never really found the need to attch as I always picked a well fitting bra.

(why do I have so much stuff? because I underestimated my feelings, for a very long time)

Good luck, hon